Premenapause and Hair shedding like crazy!

deborah11

Has anyone experienced shedding /thinning hair during Premenapause? I am currently displaying many of the classic Premenapause systems, including excessive hair shedding. Has anyone else experienced this problem? How long did it last? How much hair did you lose? Did you find any remedy to stop the hair shedding. Did any of you try bio-identical hormone replacement therapy? What was your experience with it? Did the hormone replacement stop hair shedding? Thank you for your responses?

eajaye2u

I am perie also and natural thyroid capsule and a cup of nettle tea each day has arrested the shedding quite nicely. Also the rasberry leaf tea helps the other symptoms as well.

deborah11

I am perie also and natural thyroid capsule and a cup of nettle tea each day has arrested the shedding quite nicely. Also the rasberry leaf tea helps the other symptoms as well.

Thank u. What natural thyroid supplement do you take?

Pompous Blue

Has anyone experienced shedding /thinning hair during Premenapause? I am currently displaying many of the classic Premenapause systems, including excessive hair shedding. Has anyone else experienced this problem? How long did it last? How much hair did you lose? Did you find any remedy to stop the hair shedding. Did any of you try bio-identical hormone replacement therapy? What was your experience with it? Did the hormone replacement stop hair shedding? Thank you for your responses?
deborah11
If you're in the perimenopausal stage, you may be shedding due to production of DHT (can help bring about the onset of female pattern baldness). My mother has this so I started taking saw palmetto. So far, so good in not having excessive shedding or showing signs of female pattern baldness.

Tea rinsing helps immensely, too……Coffee, Black Tea, Bhringraj, nettle and horsetail (shavegrass) teas. I rinse after every wash/co-wash.

laurend

I use the laser comb. You can go to the hairmax laser comb website. The best way to buy it would be on Ebay.

Last edited:

Nice & Wavy

I was proactive so I haven't had the hair loss. Vitamins, fresh fruit and veggies, protein treatments weekly has helped me tremendously. Actually, my hair has gotten thicker which is a blessing for me because my hair is fine.

laurend

I lent the comb to my girlfriend for 5 months and it filled in her bald spots. She's going on Ebay to buy her own comb this week. Comb plus hair vitamins works wonders.

gn1g

Maybe go see a trichologist endocrinologist or dermatologist .

Also check out this Trich doctor on youtube she has a ton of video's and pose your question to her: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4IJB_rVcUs

ALso look at have a hair anaylsis done, it will tell you what you are deficient in and be sure to load up on a Super B complex or spirulina supplement.

Last edited: