Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Lilmama1011

I just noticed everything I want for my birthday is for hair! Hair is seriously my life. Going to school for it is definitely a great thing for me

Lissa0821

Tryng to be lazy and cut corners with my hair washing routine, I decided not to fully detangled my hair before washing it with a clairfying shampoo. The few minutes is saved me caused me to have to cut three knots of tangled hair. I even said to myself, girl you know better than that!!!!!!!!! Never again will I do that.

gabulldawg

I think this is more what I want with my hair. Got the hubby seal of approval (which is always important to me). He also said it looks hip and chic. Can't wait until I get there!

Attachments

• newhaircut.jpg
    newhaircut.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 59

oneastrocurlie

I think this is more what I want with my hair. Got the hubby seal of approval (which is always important to me). He also said it looks hip and chic. Can't wait until I get there!

Very cute. I really like her hair. I modeled my tapered cut after hers.... And a couple others on Pinterest.

oneastrocurlie

ITA. Do you happen to have pics of the other tapered cuts you used? I have been searching for the past few days.:lol:

I can try to attach them here but my pics always come out small in this app. Definitely try Pinterest. I searched for natural tapered cut.

ForumRunner_20140919_095325.jpg

ForumRunner_20140919_095337.jpg

ForumRunner_20140919_095405.jpg

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140919_095351.jpg
    ForumRunner_20140919_095351.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 56

Arian

Loc'ing Up!
After 4 years of being natural, I am ready to loc my hair. I am trying to wait until a major milestone age to do it, though. I will be turning 30 in 6 months, but I want to make sure I am done playing in my loose natural hair before I commit to locs. At the same time, though, I feel I can go back at any time. I just know if I spend the money, time, and energy on locs, I plan to keep them for a while.

The beautiful thing about hair is you can change it SO much... *sigh*

Lissa0821

When I finish using my Shea Moisture Yucca products, I will not repurchase. I like the products but it leaves my hair a little dull and frizzy. I will be sticking with Joico products alternating between Moisture recovery and Kpak.

lux10023

dh loves my natural hair like loves it....kinda surprised by his reaction to it--as i always thought he was a long sleek hair lover--he thinks the styles showcases my face and he likes that...

happy camper....:yep:

Last edited:

Dayjoy

Old School Member
DD wants to be mainly a straight haired natural. I'm a little scared. We'll try it though. If it's too damaging, then we'll try something else. Off to read through that WHOLE thread...

Babygrowth

I just deep co-washed with tresemme naturals the old formula and my hair is sooo soft. I have to see if I can find it. I'm scared to try the new formula.

spellinto

Left my hair in a bun untouched for 3 days and OOOH my hair was mad at me! It was dry at the roots and dented where the elastic was. Slathered on as much NTM as my hair could handle. The back of my head in particular is more texture and sooo coarse, so I gave it some TLC. Cross-wrapped and now my hair's back to normal :)

I'm noticing that my ends still look really nice. I hope it's because I switched to a no-sulfate cleanser!

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
Just trimmed my ends! I got a little scissor happy :look: but I already feel so much better. I hate feeling unkempt and raggedy.

Deep conditioning right now. I'll rinse this out in a couple of hours.

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
MUH O.O I'm falling asleeeep, when can I rinse this fluff out!!

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
My hair looks so much better! I think I need to go on a more formal trim schedule.

Attachments

• IMAG1278 (1).jpg
    IMAG1278 (1).jpg
    228.3 KB · Views: 72
  • IMAG1283.jpg
    IMAG1283.jpg
    209 KB · Views: 66

shasha8685

I really wonder what type of hair folks think I have when they say " I don't have your type of hair"

:perplexed

My hair is coarse, tightly coiled, and I have a lot of it. I've just learned to work with it and not against it.

KiSseS03

I am absolutely in love with regular old Tresemme Shampoo and Conditioner. They are so inexpensive and my hair and scalp love them!

As of yesterday I am 14 months post, and having a really easy transition. I need to start trying out natural hair styles though, as I have been wearing my hair mainly straight for the past few months. I need to finally master the braid-out/twist-out etc.

Lilmama1011

I am absolutely in love with regular old Tresemme Shampoo and Conditioner. They are so inexpensive and my hair and scalp love them!

As of yesterday I am 14 months post, and having a really easy transition. I need to start trying out natural hair styles though, as I have been wearing my hair mainly straight for the past few months. I need to finally master the braid-out/twist-out etc.

I love their conditioner

loved

First relaxer touch up in 3 years. I relaxed my whole virgin head in July 2014.
I'm going to do a rinse later this week and probably weave with a leave out Columbus day weekend. I am training for a Nov. half marathon and my hair has been a mess because of all the sweat.