Wash N Go Thread

SmilingElephant

Yep I decided to start one....... Because.... I've just discovered that I can TOTALLY rock wash n go's.

So I have some Q's.

What is ur method?

Do you whip ur hair back and forth to help the curls?

How the HECK are u achieving 2nd day curls? Is it hte product?

My method at first was taking teeny sections (like 25 of em :look:) and applying my products and using my Denman to distribute it thru.…and I didn't whip my hair. This process alone without the wash part...took at least 1 hour to do :nono: And my hair looked plastic with this method....leggo ppl hair! :lol:

But now I just section my hair in 4 or 5 sections apply my products and rake them through my hair using my wide tooth comb and my fingers. Make sure my hair is all covered in it and then I whip my hair like nobody's business and then I use my Denman to shingle my ends. And let it airdry.

I just can't seem to always get it to revive the next day. I've been doing the Pineapple method and it only worked once.

natura87

1. Cowash.
2. Leave some wata in my hair.
3. Apply leave in.
4. Whip my hair.
5. Apply Goody Headband.

I don't care for curl definition. My hair is to dense for that to matter.

If I pineapple or spritz in the morning I can get multiple days out of one do.

SmilingElephant

1. Cowash.
2. Leave some wata in my hair.
3. Apply leave in.
4. Whip my hair.
5. Apply Goody Headband.

I don't care for curl definition. My hair is to dense for that to matter.

If I pineapple or spritz in the morning I can get multiple days out of one do.

See.....:grin: I'm trying to run VERY far away from those goody headbands…headbands period....those things hurt my head SO bad to the point where I literally can't think straight.

Do you do multiple pineapples tho?? When I spray my hair in the morning to refresh it it just turns into a fro instantly....a cute curly fro but nothing close to my wash n go :(

SmilingElephant

I co wash, put leave in and then oil and then gel and then whip my hair.

Today I tried the oil on top of the gel to see if it would make the EcoStyler less.....uhhhhh....brick-ish. :lol:

My hair is still drying but it seems to KINDA work. It's still kinda crunchy :ohwell:

MyAngelEyez~C~U

I cowash, add gel, spray with glycerin/water mix, shake like a puppy, add headband n go. I baggy at night, so all I have to do in the am is shake, add band n go.

Sent from my Zio using Long Hair Care Forum App

BraunSugar

I detangle my hair in the shower and separate it into about 5 sections. I apply about a dime sized amount of EVOO to each section, then smooth some gel over each section. No raking, no comb or brush. After I finish every section, I shake my hair then blowdry. I sleep under a satin bonnet, and in the morn, I mist my hair w/some h2o and shake again.

Embyra

section hair into 8 i think is how many i done last time

apply eco styler to wet hair smooth over hair making sure ends are smoothed and not ''globby'' making sure roots are covered i have alot of hair and my hair can alot of product

focusing on roots is what stops any tangles that and using a heavier product not that KCCC crap........:look:

leave to airdry

day 5 section hair ......with wet hands refresh hair by running hands down and through the curls this will also remove some shed hair

pineapple hair everynight

voila :grin:

im on day 8 will wash day 10:yep:

i wash my hair in sections so my hair is parted at this point where i want it to be for my wash and go

i mix around 10-12 tablespoons of olive oil and 1-2 tablespoons of silk amino acid to the large tub of eco mixing thoroughly:yep:

Last edited:

ManeStreet

I just BC'd about 3 weeks and I spent the last 3 weeks trying to figure this out. I co-wash, not a vigorous wash, more just wiping conditioner through my hair and scalp. I squeeze out most of the water but leave it so it is still really wet and dripping. I get 5 sections, 2 in the back, 2 in the front and 1 in the top middle (crown). I apply shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie, evenly and finger comb in through each section then I take a bit of coconut oil and wipe that through too. And that's it. At night I pinapple it and for 2nd day hair, I spray my hair until dripping with a spray bottle of water and add more coconut oil.

ManeStreet

Oh and I put some ecostyler on my edges and slap on a headband or tie down my edges so they will be smooth.

ladytee2

I want to try a wng so bad but Im afraid of the frizz. Im afraid I will walk out of the house fly curls popping look up two hours later with a birds nest. Thats a bad dream that could come true. I have to try a wng when Im staying around the house not going anywhere and see how it turns out.

chebaby

i normally do my true wash and goes on the weekend. my best wash and goes are naked. which means i co wash, rinse, dry in a micro fiber towel, shake and go.

the wash and goes i do during the week(not often since ive mastered the braid out lol) is usually co wash, leave in, towel, pull in to a pony tail.

and i never get second day hair.

Egyptjones

After all the Miss Jessie's (didn't work AT ALL) to Curls (barely OK) to Uncle Funky's Daughter Curly Magic (not bad) to Kinky Curly Curling Custard (not bad) I FINALLY found what works for my hair. A master-mix of 1 part Eco Styler Olive Oil Gel to 2 parts Proclaim Activator. I shingle it in on wet hair and any parts I think might frizz I smooth over with just a bit of Eco Styler Argan Oil Gel.

This is a 3 day old WnG

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

metro_qt

section hair into 8 i think is how many i done last time

apply eco styler to wet hair smooth over hair making sure ends are smoothed and not ''globby'' making sure roots are covered i have alot of hair and my hair can alot of product

focusing on roots is what stops any tangles that and using a heavier product not that KCCC crap........:look:

leave to airdry

day 5 section hair ......with wet hands refresh hair by running hands down and through the curls this will also remove some shed hair

pineapple hair everynight

voila :grin:

im on day 8 will wash day 10:yep:

i wash my hair in sections so my hair is parted at this point where i want it to be for my wash and go

i mix around 10-12 tablespoons of olive oil and 1-2 tablespoons of silk amino acid to the large tub of eco mixing thoroughly:yep:

This is exactly what I do now.
I don't shake my hair as that wont help anything.

i just pineapple everynight with my trusty durag
and just fluff out the next morning.

kurlykay

1. Cowash
2. Leave hurr wet.
3. Add leave-in to sections (4)
4. Aloe vera gel for the edges
5. Shake n go

Tis all.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I'm doing this until the fall. I will co wash with VO5 strawberries n cream, rinse, add KCKT then add KKCC. I will wash with shampoo/DC once a week with Komaza Care products.

MyAngelEyez~C~U

2nd day hair, wash n go

:grin::look:

Roux

Beautiful!!!!! I really want to try a WNG but I don't think my hair is...old enough for that yet. But soon...

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Yep I decided to start one....... Because.... I've just discovered that I can TOTALLY rock wash n go's.

So I have some Q's.

What is ur method?

i dont really "wash n go" its more of a "rake and go". it takes me about 20 mins from start to semi dry and wearable.

I usually do this on damp hair. not soaking wet hair or my hair wont curl right.

i divide my hair into sections and starting from the nape apply conditioner,rake through with my fingers and smooth and seal the curls. when im done with that i gently shake my head at the end to help the curls separate.then i lightly scrunch my hair with a towel to get rid of excess products and moisture. then i get my blowdryer and dry the outer layers of my hair and let the rest air dry during the day. by reinforcing the curl i do not get SSK or tangles when i "wash n go".

Do you whip ur hair back and forth to help the curls?
no excesive shaking of the head is pointless just a gentle shake is needed to relase the curls from the clumps that are too large that can form during the curl reinforcing.

How the HECK are u achieving 2nd day curls? Is it the product?
i honestly dont know. i never really wear my wash n goes that long. i can get a few days out of it but it wount be out like on day one. it does last longer if you use gel or something with hard hold.

hope this helps

here are some pics for you fresh from today! i actually liked my hair today go figure.

messy at the end of the day pony. wash n goes are usually a one time thing for me.plus they dont hang right once the roots are completley dry

Last edited:

twatombl

I'm jumping in with a question for 4a ladies, what products do you use to combat shrinkage for your wash and go? KCCC worked best for me to maintain my curls but the shrinkage was unreal! I would love to try something that allowed my hair to hang as much as possible.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I'm jumping in with a question for 4a ladies, what products do you use to combat shrinkage for your wash and go? KCCC worked best for me to maintain my curls but the shrinkage was unreal! I would love to try something that allowed my hair to hang as much as possible.

you need something with weight especially if you have fine hair. KCCC sucked so hard in my hair and gave me unreal shrinkage. i currently like using a thick conditioner but i have had alot of success with using gel like eco styler olive and wet line xtreme gel. the thicker the products the less likeley you will get ssk and tangling as well imo.

Triniwegian

I co-wash without rinsing out the conditioner
While in the shower I apply eco-styler gel on top of the conditioner
Rake through my hair with my wide tooth comb
Stick my hair quickly under the shower stream to get it soaking wet
Scrunch and whip my hair
Then I plop with a t-shirt and just let it air dry.

Result: