!!Hip, Tailbone, Classic,and longer Club/Challenge!!

Lucia

unlvgirl said:
Hi guys, it's been so long since I have posted. Lots have changed. I am now doing my own hair. Back in August my stylist burned and thinned out my hair. I was so upset. Since then I have trimmed away about 7 inches of the damaged hair. I am now about an inch and a half away from waist length. I am trying to get to tailbone by 08/07. Wish me luck!

Oh no that's just wrong, I'm sorry this happened to you, but we all know you can and will make a comeback. esp. your hair has already been passed WSL.
Keep on growing, and keep your head up

Flowerhair said:
I dreamed that my hair was hip length tonight! It was sooooooooo wonderful, I pulled down a piece of hair and it touched my hip. I was like "YES! My hair is hip length!
What a wonderful dream for Christmas

That's a great dream, but it can be real with some hair TLC, I've had 1 like that and my hair was Hip/Tailbone, I think it's a sign of the length I should go for.

Last edited:

Lucia

OK ladies the reveal is on. I finally got to see my hair in a while and I did make some progress it grew thicker but I really didn't get any length, I'm still Mid-back check out my avatar, that's really me, and my fotki has all the pics I couldn't load them on the boards their too big.

Last edited:

KittenLongPaw

I forgot about this thread! I reached hip length (stretched) in January, 2007, but decided to hold there by trimming off all my new growth until March, 2007 to thicken up my ends/trim off any damage. So I reached a full hip length in March :)

Now I'm working on tailbone length :yep: When I reach it, I plan to maintain my length with trims to thicken up my ends again for a few months. Then I'll probably try for classic!

camellia

KittenLongPaw, I love your new sig! You hair is beautiful!:D

I'm at tailbone now and still going for classic. If my butt would just shrink a little I'd be there sooner.:look:

I'm still going with my simple routine. I've cut co-washing out almost completely. It takes so much conditioner now and the cheapies aren't working for me the way they once did.

I may flat iron in August for the Slayer/Manson show but I'm not sure yet, I'm definitely not using any heat until then at the earliest.

dynamic1

KittenLongPaw said:
I forgot about this thread! I reached hip length (stretched) in January, 2007, but decided to hold there by trimming off all my new growth until March, 2007 to thicken up my ends/trim off any damage. So I reached a full hip length in March :)

Now I'm working on tailbone length :yep: When I reach it, I plan to maintain my length with trims to thicken up my ends again for a few months. Then I'll probably try for classic!

CONGRATS! I am sure tailbone is just around the corner. :)

Lucia

KittenLongPaw said:
Thanks you guys! :grin: Camellia I think our hair is very similar (but of course yours is longer). It is beautiful as always :)
Congratz on reaching and maintaining your new length. WTG chica

JewelleNY

Well, I am about waist length again so I am aiming for hip length by August 2007:) I worry that I may cut it off again by then because it is so hot and hard to straighten but I am going to stick with mostly braidouts and twistouts until that time:D

Candy_C

I am now joining this club!

i'm currently at waistlength (at the back) and midback at the front with some layers at armpit length

i cant wait to reach my hip, and i'm going to get there by January 2008

by...

-Puritan Pride Biotin 5mg
-Conditioner washing once a week using a Chinese Herbal conditioner (Te Tao) (sunday)
-Shampoo once a week (Wednesday)
-Strictly buns, wet bun or loose (when damp only)
-moisturing using a avocado butter lotion/combined with EVCO i've made
-every 4-8 weeks use my avocado treatment con
-praying everyday
-still pre-pooing with Amla Oil
-getting back onto Flaxseed Oil to increase the sebum that moisturizes my hair
-praying everyday for my hair and health!

good luck everybody!!!!

GoldenBreeze

This is wonderful. Congrats to all of you ladies.:grin: :clap: I watch this thread like a hawk, 'cause one day I plan to join it.

ETA: When I hit WL, I'm in. I'm not even worry'n about how long it will take.

Last edited:

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time
How is everyone doing in our little club? :)

I'm approaching hip length rapidly since I a) stopped combing and brushing and b) started moisturizing daily.

I can even wear my hair down almost every day without breakage! :D

Is hip length, tailbone and Classic length the same? Let me research...

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time
JewelleNY said:
Well, I am about waist length again so I am aiming for hip length by August 2007:) I worry that I may cut it off again by then because it is so hot and hard to straighten but I am going to stick with mostly braidouts and twistouts until that time:D

Jewelle!!! :band:
I didn't realize you were waist length now! Congratulations!!!

camellia

Still slowly inching toward classic.

I've decided classic length (when wet or stretched) will be my final goal. I'll work on getting it even after that and just maintain my hair at that length.

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time
Camellia, Classic will be my final goal also, I don't think I have the energy for longer hair than that.

It is expensive with hair products right now and it won't be cheaper when it's longer. :eek: I wish I could win a year's worth of conditioner!

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time
GoldenBreeze said:
Congrats, Jewelle, Flower, and Camellia. You ladies are working it.:)

Thank you :)
There are many more with WL or longer hair on this board that belong in this club and plenty are coming here soon :D
Your own hair is growing quite nicely :yep:

schipperchow1

Congrats to all of you ladies who have stuck with growing your hair to these lengths! Truly inspirational. What prompted you to grow to these lengths?

I'd like to get to hip or tailbone but I've got 2 more years at least & that's with retaining all new growth & no trims.:ohwell:

GoldenBreeze

FlowerHair said:
Thank you :)
There are many more with WL or longer hair on this board that belong in this club and plenty are coming here soon :D
Your own hair is growing quite nicely :yep:

You're welcome.:)

I agree, and am surprized:eek: that some of them haven't joined this club.

Thanks, I'm trying to get my old length back and go beyond. My goal is full TBL. So I have a few years to go, but I'm patient. :lol:

ETA: Good question, schipperchow1! :)

Last edited:

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time
schipperchow1 said:
Congrats to all of you ladies who have stuck with growing your hair to these lengths! Truly inspirational. What prompted you to grow to these lengths?

I'd like to get to hip or tailbone but I've got 2 more years at least & that's with retaining all new growth & no trims.:ohwell:

I can only answer for myself, but my motivation is my love for African types of hair 2-4 of any texture :D I love, love hair and especially long luscious hair and I wanted it for myself :love:

It takes time to grow hair, but it's a lot of fun when you see results. My hair grows slowly but surely :)

sugarose

Well I am definitely in this challenge. My ultimate goal is Full Hip Length, and I expect to be there 1 year from now.

camellia

GoldenBreeze said:
Congrats, Jewelle, Flower, and Camellia. You ladies are working it.:)

Thanks!:)

schipperchow1 said:

I'd like to get to hip or tailbone but I've got 2 more years at least & that's with retaining all new growth & no trims.

I just love long hair. I have some aunts with very long hair, tailbone and beyond and it's just the most beautiful thing when they take it down and let it cover their backs, full of waves from being twisted into buns... :love:

I seem to get about average growth, I don't take supplements or use growth aids, I just want to keep my hair healthy and moisturized as it grows. I can't wait until I can sit on my hair.

schipperchow1

Thank you Flowerhair & Camellia for answering my question. Both of you inspire me to keep it natural while growing, although this humidity has me tempted to texturize...

As for me, (Granted I'm not near your lengths now--I will post pictures when I figure out how to take the pic in the mirror & how to post:perplexed ) I never thought about growing my hair longer than BSl-midback. It just grew to that length. Then last year, I experienced extreme dryness & breakage...My hair was finally fed up with my experimenting, so I started looking for products for biracial & multiracial haircare. When I was telling my SIL about some of the online sites, she had bookmarked the Long Hair Care Site & asked if that was what I was referring to. It wasn't, but I started reading everything I could find about long hair, long hair care & growing hair to "exceptional" lengths. Basically, I got hooked & started "healthy" experimentation:lol:.

JustKiya

I don't think I ever posted here, because I was too much in awe of ya'll ladies and how far ahead of me on the journey ya'll are. However, me & my hair are feeling each other lately, so I figured it was time for me to step and get some more encouragement!

It's interesting - the only 'thing' I'm really doing to my hair is loving it, and giving it what it needs. I was on the vitamin bandwagon, and the scalp treatments hairwagon at first, but then I got real (or lazy :lol:) and decided to hang that up. My hair doesn't even MIND - it's gorgeous, shiny, getting thicker and longer and decidedly healthier - and really, I don't HAVE a deadline in mind - I'm growing for the long haul, and I don't plan on EVER coming back to this length again, so I should enjoy it while I can, ya know?

GoldenBreeze

nappywomyn said:
I don't think I ever posted here, because I was too much in awe of ya'll ladies and how far ahead of me on the journey ya'll are. However, me & my hair are feeling each other lately, so I figured it was time for me to step and get some more encouragement!

It's interesting - the only 'thing' I'm really doing to my hair is loving it, and giving it what it needs. I was on the vitamin bandwagon, and the scalp treatments hairwagon at first, but then I got real (or lazy :lol:) and decided to hang that up. My hair doesn't even MIND - it's gorgeous, shiny, getting thicker and longer and decidedly healthier - and really, I don't HAVE a deadline in mind - I'm growing for the long haul, and I don't plan on EVER coming back to this length again, so I should enjoy it while I can, ya know?

Hi nappywomyn, no need to be shy about posting in this thread. I'm nowhere near even waist yet, but my goal is TBL so I watch this thread and read all the new posts. I even joined the new "The Beyond Waist Length Thread" started by Cichelle. Like you, I have no specific date. I don't like that kind of pressure. I just want to treat my hair well, get reaquainted with how it grows, and wait for the length that I want. HHG chica. I look forward to seeing those long braids and twists. :)

mermaid

lucky girls...

Well Hello Ladies! I am so pleased to join this challenge.
I have been stalking and absorbing info since June (he-he) and I finally figured out how to find the tailbones!:grin: I haven't used heat since June , and I have been bunning and wearing twistouts. I don't know how much growth yet, I will check in November. So that will be 5 months, my short term goal is waist length by february, in august I needed 4 inches. I have been 100 %natural since 1997 but I didn't know about this community until now.:wallbash: (boo-hoo l.o.l) I could be sooo loong by now. I have been 1 inch past bsl for at least 2 1/2 years now.:perplexed I am excited to move on:woot:. I am looking for protective styles. anybody have a really good pro-style album on here? pref. bun styles.

Last edited: