!!Hip, Tailbone, Classic,and longer Club/Challenge!!

Mestiza

It looks like my SO notices my hair growth when I don't! :lol: I have approx. 3" of unstretched new growth. After those cuts to even it up, my hair measured 30 1/2" (airdried).

Lucia

Mestiza said:
It looks like my SO notices my hair growth when I don't! :lol: I have approx. 3" of unstretched new growth. After those cuts to even it up, my hair measured 30 1/2" (airdried).
Good job, youre WSL or very close to know prob. :D

Mestiza

Lucia said:
Good job, youre WSL or very close to know prob.

Hi Lucia! :wave: Thanks! I read about your progress, which, is outstanding! :clap:

I'm somewhere beyond my waist. My SO keeps telling me that I really don't know the true length of my hair and where it stops on my body b/c I airdry and don't use a blowdryer or a flat iron. He's probably right, but, I prefer the way that my hair looks and feels w/o the heat. :burn:

Lucia

Mestiza said:
Hi Lucia! :wave: Thanks! I read about your progress, which, is outstanding! :clap:

I'm somewhere beyond my waist. My SO keeps telling me that I really don't know the true length of my hair and where it stops on my body b/c I airdry and don't use a blowdryer or a flat iron. He's probably right, but, I prefer the way that my hair looks and feels w/o the heat. :burn:
Thanks Mestiza, :grin: I'm trying not to sabotage myself when I'm a finger snap-hey away from WSL :lol:

unlvgirl

My Crown and Glory
I was just wondering how everyone was progressing. I have been giving my hair break from pressing. The last time I pressed it was in September. I got it pressed today and I was surprised to see that I am already at tailbone again. I updated my album the password is growth. My last pictures taken were in may, after I had gotten my hair pressed and trimmed it. Happy Growing!!

ekomba

Wowww :eek: unlvgirl your hair is amazingling long!!!!!!!!! Do you plan to shoot for butt length or maintain at tailbone. Thats so beautifuuuuuuuul :D u go girl!

unlvgirl said:
I was just wondering how everyone was progressing. I have been giving my hair break from pressing. The last time I pressed it was in September. I got it pressed today and I was surprised to see that I am already at tailbone again. I updated my album the password is growth. My last pictures taken were in may, after I had gotten my hair pressed and trimmed it. Happy Growing!!

unlvgirl

My Crown and Glory
Thanks! I think I am going to go for classic and see if I can get there and how long it takes.

Lucia

unlvgirl said:
Thanks! I think I am going to go for classic and see if I can get there and how long it takes.
Your hair is beautiful, ITA why not see how long it gets you grow girl

Mestiza

unlvgirl said:

Your hair is GORGEOUS!!! I :love: :love: :love: :love: it! Where does your hair end on your body before you press it? How long is your hair in inches before and after you press it?

Sorry for all of the questions! I'm putting some thought into what my SO said about not knowing the true hair length if heat isn't used.

KittenLongPaw

I am going for 1 inch past hip length when stretched (35 inches). The only problem is that I estimate this will only be like lower bra-strap/mid back length when curly. I am currently about 1 inch from waist (29 inches). 6 inches to go!!!

Lucia

KittenLongPaw said:
I am going for 1 inch past hip length when stretched (35 inches). The only problem is that I estimate this will only be like lower bra-strap/mid back length when curly. I am currently about 1 inch from waist (29 inches). 6 inches to go!!!
That's a goal, even if you do have shrinkage mid-back curly hair is ALOT, ALOT of hair, and that's got to be repected when you reach that length all natural.

Lucia

KittenLongPaw said:
Thanks Lucia :grin: I hope you're right.
Your welcome, I'm pretty much heading for the same goal although I'm not sure how much length my natural curls will show after I reach and pass WSL, I'm hoping for mid back with shrinkage. :look:

unlvgirl

My Crown and Glory
Mestiza said:
Your hair is GORGEOUS!!! I :love: :love: :love: :love: it! Where does your hair end on your body before you press it? How long is your hair in inches before and after you press it?

Sorry for all of the questions! I'm putting some thought into what my SO said about not knowing the true hair length if heat isn't used.

My hair is 26 inches when it is pressed, i am sooo short only 4'11. when it is not pressed and not blow dried it falls around armpit length.

Lucia

unlvgirl said:
My hair is 26 inches when it is pressed, i am sooo short only 4'11. when it is not pressed and not blow dried it falls around armpit length.
That's a really good natural length including shrinkage= mermaid length wow I'm impressed :D

Mestiza

Mestiza said:

unlvgirl said:

Shrinkage is something for sure! Well, I guess that he makes a great point. Maybe, I'll use some type of heat one day to see the "true" length of my hair. :look:

unlvgirl

My Crown and Glory
I just pressed my daugher's hair and she is finally at waist length. Her next goal is tailbone. I thinking she should be there by July unless we have to trim. Her ends tend to dry out, and since she's only 10 her hair is not her priority, so she forgets to tie it up. I have school at nights so its up to my husband to put them to bed. She is so excited, I measured her hair and its 20inches from crown to the ends

http://public.fotki.com/unlvgirl/my_oldest_daughter/

pw is: her hair

SherryLove

unlvgirl said:
I just pressed my daugher's hair and she is finally at waist length. Her next goal is tailbone. I thinking she should be there by July unless we have to trim. Her ends tend to dry out, and since she's only 10 her hair is not her priority, so she forgets to tie it up. I have school at nights so its up to my husband to put them to bed. She is so excited, I measured her hair and its 20inches from crown to the ends

http://public.fotki.com/unlvgirl/my_oldest_daughter/

pw is: her hair

unlvgirl, is that the right pw???? i tried to view but could not get in.....

SherryLove

unlvgirl said:

wow, unlvgirl, i am just thinking how long my hair would be if i stood 4' 11. probably a little past tailbone length because i am 5'5 now....

your girls are the cutest!!!!!i saw your oldest daughter's hair, and it is very long and healthy looking (just like her mom's hair). and i am sure you are teaching her how to take good care of it.

Honi

There is no board.
Sherry your hair is gawgeous gurl! Soooo pretty.

unlvgirl your daughters are too cute. Your oldest daughter's hair is so thick and lush. Reminds me of Keisha Knight Pulliam's hair when she was little. I'm sure she's very excited about her length. It's beautiful!

SherryLove

Honi said:
Sherry your hair is gawgeous gurl! Soooo pretty.

unlvgirl your daughters are too cute. Your oldest daughter's hair is so thick and lush. Reminds me of Keisha Knight Pulliam's hair when she was little. I'm sure she's very excited about her length. It's beautiful!

hey there, honi....

thanks, gurl... it's coming along.....

Lucia

Sherrylove,
Your hair looks like it's getting thicker and on it's way to TBNE, you grow girl.
keep doing whatever you're doing it's working.

SherryLove

Lucia said:
Sherrylove,
Your hair looks like it's getting thicker and on it's way to TBNE, you grow girl.
keep doing whatever you're doing it's working.

hey lucia... i am hoping it will maintain some of its thickness on its way to my tailbone....LOL..... thanks, girl........

Lucia

Hey challengers,
Just wanted to update, I'm a little behind in getting to WSL and I did join this challenge b/4 reaching WSL so it's not that bad. I'm 2" from WSL longest layer. So that's now a short term goal, wow who knew? :grin: I think I can give myself 6 months from that for Hip-bone I'll have to do a real trimm not just S&D then we'll see if I want to try for Tailbone or not-that seems very, far. How's everyone else doing with the challenge?
pics are in my regime and journal, go down to the bottom big pics

Last edited:

Lucia

some inspiration pics
Thalia-singer/actress

http://www.bmi.com/musicworld/onthescene/200007/images/thalia.jpg

http://tvp.szm.com/images/thalia_07.jpg
natural

http://wallpapers.skins.be/thalia/thalia-1024x768-3605.jpg

Amel Larrieux-singer

http://www.soulfulsmoothjazz.com/Amel Larrieux.jpg

http://www.onefortytwo.com/IMAGES/Music Pictures/Amel Larrieux/amel_photo4_artists.jpg

www.geocities.com/lovelycami/Amel.jpg

Sonia Braga-actress

http://www.eamgmt.com/eam_images_medium/hair_makeup/David Michaud/beauty/08 sonia braga-web_th.jpg

Camila Pitanga-actress

http://epoca.globo.com/edic/334/joyce10.jpg

http://www.bahia-online.net/images/paraguassu.jpg

Attachments

• amel3.jpg
    amel3.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 103
  • lng1.jpg
    lng1.jpg
    1.4 KB · Views: 504
  • thalia5.jpg
    thalia5.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time
How is it going with all of you?
My hair seems to be stuck at waist length for a while now :mad:
On the other hand, people have told me my hair is so long recently so I guess it is growing, although I don't see it!

Here is some more inspiration for us! Her name is Thania Peck. I want my hair to be that long within a year or two...:)

Attachments

• Thania Peck 1.jpg
    Thania Peck 1.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 75
  • Thania Peck 6.jpg
    Thania Peck 6.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 76
  • Thania Peck 5.jpg
    Thania Peck 5.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 262

Honi

There is no board.
She's got some beautiful hair! OMG!

FlowerHair said:
How is it going with all of you?
My hair seems to be stuck at waist length for a while now :mad:
On the other hand, people have told me my hair is so long recently so I guess it is growing, although I don't see it!

Here is some more inspiration for us! Her name is Thania Peck. I want my hair to be that long within a year or two...:)

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Im not even close to waist length! :grin:

But when I started this challenge, I had like 1.5 inch of hair... now I have 6.5 inches! So I have approx. 22 inches to go! :weird:

Mestiza

I thought that my hair was stuck at waist length, too, :wallbash: but I realized that I had cut it several times to try to keep it even. :look: Despite that, unstretched, it's beyond my waist and getting closer to hip bone length. I have a lot of new growth and may not relax my hair, anymore. My hair is getting thicker and seems to be growing faster, at the moment. I wonder if it's b/c it's warmer or b/c I'm washing it, more often?