!!Hip, Tailbone, Classic,and longer Club/Challenge!!

JustKiya

Have you checked out TLHC for styles, Glory? I know they are mostly white women with long hair, but they have some AMAZING styles - esp. buns......

mscocoface

This is so inspiring, I hope in about 2-3 years or sooner I will be here with completely natural 4b hair. Shrinkage and all!!!!:lachen:

velvet

I'm joining too! Better late than never.

Just measured again at 27 inches, just at waist length for this shorty. Same as last month.

Hoping for 6 more inches by my b-day next June, which would be hip length i guess (if i had hips :rolleyes:).

Starr1

I'm so happy that so many people are going for "super" long lengths! I myself am going for classic length (it's close to golden for me) and I hope to reach my goal by January 2009. Good luck to all of you!

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I'm so happy that so many people are going for "super" long lengths! I myself am going for classic length (it's close to golden for me) and I hope to reach my goal by January 2009. Good luck to all of you!

Your hair is georgeous Star! I think I just passed out when i saw your siggy:lachen:.

That ponytail is to die for.

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time

Starr1 - your hair is gorgeous! It looks so healthy too :)
You will reach your goal...

I'm shooting for hip length which is pretty much already achieved when stretched out.

Lucia

you're so close, I'm sure you'll get there in no time. whatever you're doing it's working. luv your hair. :yep:

*Muffin*

I'm in!! I've always said that my goal length was waist length, but why not longer? Tailbone length is good. The point is that I want super-long hair. Here's how I hope to achieve it:

1.) Keep hair moisturized

2.) Low manipulation

3.) Relaxer Stretches

4.) Scalp Stimulation

Those are the basics for me. Only time will tell...

*Muffin*

Have you checked out TLHC for styles, Glory? I know they are mostly white women with long hair, but they have some AMAZING styles - esp. buns......

I'm also a member of LHC. These women have some AMAZING hair, and they have a lot of good tips, especially the ones with super curly hair. And they've got bunning down to a science :grin:.

GoldenBreeze

I haven't been on the boards in a while. It's good to see this thread is still going strong. :)

Starr, way to go girl. I'm loving that pony.

Secretrose, just keep on taking care of your hair. Lengths this long takes years, and not everyone wants ultra long hair. If you do, then go for it!

Candy_C

Yesssss

so glad this thread exists!!

i'm on this challenge!

I assume i will reach hiplength by my MAYBE 21st birthday (aug 3rd 2008) if not, i would say December 2008.....which - i have about 5-6 inches in the back to gain, and about 6-9 inches for the shortest layer in the front!!

My Plans:

• Oil Cleansing (Shikakhai Oil)
  • No Heat except Relaxer Time
  • Solid vitamin regime
  • Lotsa fish regime
  • Using avo'coco and coconut oil only

Also the usual....no trims (just s+d's) less combing, washing every 3 days (oil cleanse n co-wash) prayer and positive thinking!

(ps. i'm making a dream board - a collection of pics of long hair i admire and want that i will put on my wall to look at every morning - try it..IT WORKS!)

good luck

xx

Mestiza

Your hair is beautiful! :rosebud:

Mestiza

I'm still loving this thread, :love: which has some beauiful hair w/in it.

kbfluff

This thread is where i belong.
I won't stop being a hair growing fool until I reach tailbone in dec 2010:grin:

Starr1

Starr, way to go girl. I'm loving that pony.

Thanks GoldenBreeze!:grin: It took me so long to straighten it this last time that I highly doubt that I'll be doing it again for at least 6 months. I'm hoping the comparision photo will be dramatic.

Mestiza and GoingNatural- Thank you for the sweet compliments!

chayil0427

I just wanted to cheer you ladies on and bump your thread!

I see some beautiful locks in this thread...prime fotki stalking material :grin:

I hope to go for TBL one day...but gotta get BSL conquered first. :drunk:

Good Luck!!!

Chayil

mscocoface

Wow!!!! Ladies is there anyone natural in this challenge with my hair texture doing this?! Want to see some pics.

I would join but getting to one of these goals would be sometime in 2009 or '10 possibly.

Stretched I am somewhere around BSL now not sure if it is still top of or bottom of bra strap haven't checked in a minute. Well.....it might not be that far off. I am going for waist length end of summer '08. My ultimate, I have a dream, I have seen the promise land, Wooosaaa, goals for me would be tail bone stretched and mid back not stretched. Considering how much shrinkage I have, I figure I will reach my non stretched goal sometime around 2015!:lachen: Not sure what that would look like stretched. Goodness and mercy!

Keeping hope alive though. I am going to enjoy watching you ladies reach your goals in the foreseeable future!

Best wishes to all of you.

Last edited:

GoldenBreeze

Thanks GoldenBreeze!:grin: It took me so long to straighten it this last time that I highly doubt that I'll be doing it again for at least 6 months. I'm hoping the comparision photo will be dramatic.

Mestiza and GoingNatural- Thank you for the sweet compliments!

Girl, I know that's the truth. The last time mine was straightened was in Sept for a challenge pic update. It was only BSL, and my cousin straightened it for me but I was tired. :D I can't even think about straightening your length.