November 2014 Hits & Misses

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Hit: APB Olive and Oats oil in birthday cake. Smells so good, nice light consistency. Hair is shiny and smooth.

Sent from my Snow White Frost Galaxy S4 using LHCF

curlyhersheygirl

Tried and True Hit

APB's LI and hair pudding. This kept my hair in tip top condition without buildup when I was unable to give my hair the attention it is used to.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
New Hits:
Sally's GVP Nexxus Therappe shampoo - gentle cleansing.
Sally's GVP Nexxus Humectruss conditioner - fast acting conditioner - softens & hydrates.
Cantu Shea Butter LI conditioning cream - wonderful as a LI; very moisturizing.

NaturallyATLPCH

Continued Hit: Jessicurl DC paired with the Spiralicious for a defined, moisturized twist out and CoCleansing with the Shea Moisture Purification Mask

Potential Miss: I can't believe it but my colored hair does not like the BASK Vanilla Whiskey DC. Let's just say it acted like a hard core protein treatment instead of the softening mild protein treatment it used to. I'm going to give it one more shot but if it keeps going like this I won't repurchase.

MzRhonda

Hit: Kay Vel Creme Press :up: ~ OMG, if you want straight hair as a natural this is the one to use. I used it for my hair and my dd to flat iron and our hair look like we have a relaxer. You only need to use a little, it goes a long way.

My cousin who is a hairdresser gave me some in a plastic baggie it worked so well I had to buy a jar.

Last edited:

CrysMelis

HairCare Enthusiast
Hit: Kay Vel Creme Press :up: ~ OMG, if you way straight hair as a natural this is the one to use. I used it for my hair and my dd to flat iron and our hair look like we have a relaxer. You only need to use a little, it goes a long way. My cousin who is a hairdresser gave me some in a plastic baggie it worked so well I had to buy a jar.

MzRhonda do you apply right before you flat iron? On wet hair? What?

MzRhonda

MzRhonda do you apply right before you flat iron? On wet hair? What?

CrysMelis I apply on dry (Blow dryed) hair......I flat iron small sections and put a very little bit on each section making sure I get the roots.

My dd has long hair below mid back I did her hair on the 23rd for picture day and it held up very well for more than a week. I just redid it yesterday just because it was the beginning of a new school week.

That jar will last us for quite some time and there are 3 of us who are natural, I and my youngest prefer our hair straight my oldest only straightens her hair once in a while.

veesweets

Hit: Kay Vel Creme Press :up: ~ OMG, if you want straight hair as a natural this is the one to use. I used it for my hair and my dd to flat iron and our hair look like we have a relaxer. You only need to use a little, it goes a long way. My cousin who is a hairdresser gave me some in a plastic baggie it worked so well I had to buy a jar.

Dang I just purchased the Dudley's creme press. But if I don't like that I might try this one. I think I saw this one too but I had never heard of it

Dayjoy

Old School Member
:down: MISS
Giovanni Smooth As Silk "Deeper Moisture" conditioner--I heard so many good things about this but there was nothing deep at all about this conditioner in spite of its name or the little "conditioning level scale" on the back of the bottle. This was average at best and I wouldn't even use it as a rinse out.

SweetlyCurly

Super hit: Curling creams instead of gels.

I started this experiment in order to cut down on drying time since it's getting cold in NYC. I experimented with 3, the cantu one was a failure (maybe because of the petroleum it felt word in my hair). I've also tried the Jane Carter one and the Eden Bodyworks one as well. Loving these two!
I've found:
1. Hair dries faster
2. Curl definition is awesome
3. Volume: on wash day hair usually looks limp. Get volume on days 2 and beyond but with curling creams I get the volume right away.
4. Get multi-day hair just like gel
Might not use gels anymore for a long while.

Smiley79

HIT: Aphogee Curlific Texture Treatment
Awesome product; Mo Knows Hair used it in one of videos and I like the way it made my hair feel stronger. I plan to use it a couple more times before I do a final review.

HIT: Nexxuss Humectress
Yea, I'm decades late to the party, lol, but I found it on sale on Walgreens and decided to give it a try. Excellent slip, and it made my hair incredibly easy to detangle and manage after washing. Unfortunately, my hair went right back to being brittle dry the next day, so Im a little bumbed out about that. I plan to do some frequent deep conditioning over the next few weeks to see if I my hair will start to soften up and behave.

HIT: Aphoghee Green Tea Reconstructor
Good leave in spray; made my hair feel strong.

HIT: Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Poo and Conditioner
Amazing products and awesome value. Love the smell, love the tea tree tingle that I get on my scalp. These are keepers.

Last edited:

Smiley79

Super hit: Curling creams instead of gels.

I started this experiment in order to cut down on drying time since it's getting cold in NYC. I experimented with 3, the cantu one was a failure (maybe because of the petroleum it felt word in my hair). I've also tried the Jane Carter one and the Eden Bodyworks one as well. Loving these two!
I've found:
1. Hair dries faster
2. Curl definition is awesome
3. Volume: on wash day hair usually looks limp. Get volume on days 2 and beyond but with curling creams I get the volume right away.
4. Get multi-day hair just like gel
Might not use gels anymore for a long while.

I really want to try the Jane Carter cream...I dont think gels are for me. :nono:

Lissa0821

Miss:

Hello hydration shampoo and conditioner. My hair is dry as a brillo pad at the moment. Looking forward to sitting under my steamer this week.

xu93texas

Miss:
LG Whipped Amla Butter- I just don't like the smell. The product itself is OK. I'm giving it to my SIL.

Honi

There is no board.
Miss: Alba Botanica good & healthy moisturizing coditioner. This has lot of good things in it and I was looking forward to using it. I used CON Argan shampoo which is still performing consistently but I've found that a few conditioners I've used do not work well with them. My hair felt stripped. I knew right away when i felt it going on. Not moisturizing at all. I'll just use this up as a CO wash and be done with it.

RUBY

Hit: Kay Vel Creme Press :up: ~ OMG, if you want straight hair as a natural this is the one to use. I used it for my hair and my dd to flat iron and our hair look like we have a relaxer. You only need to use a little, it goes a long way. My cousin who is a hairdresser gave me some in a plastic baggie it worked so well I had to buy a jar.

I would like to try this but I haven't seen it around to buy.

Angelbean

Hit: vo5 mint clarifying conditioner it has a ton of slip a pleasent scent and left my hair very soft and smooth!

MzRhonda

Hit: Kay Vel Creme Press :up: ~ OMG, if you want straight hair as a natural this is the one to use. I used it for my hair and my dd to flat iron and our hair look like we have a relaxer. You only need to use a little, it goes a long way.

My cousin who is a hairdresser gave me some in a plastic baggie it worked so well I had to buy a jar.

I would like to try this but I haven't seen it around to buy.

RUBY I got mine from amazon

PJaye

Gigantic Miss:

Charging $15 to ship hair products from MO to NC. (I clicked out of that site so fast that I broke a nail. Clearly, someone has lost their mind.)