Oils,Grease,Pomades,Butters,Lotions,Cremes Challenge 2014

toaster

My coconut oil jar is now for hair and body. Ran out of my usual lotion (Camille rose sun missed body butter) so I used the coconut oil instead. Very moisturizing and the smell went away after 5 minutes. I think the Vatika Frosting would probably do the same thing, but having to pay for it to be shipped and the size of the jar would make me nervous about using it for more than one purpose.

Coconut oil, entwine butter cream, and bask sevenfold on my length.

I ordered an 8oz entwine butter cream and instead received two 4oz jars. I don't know if they even have an 8oz jar, but if not, it should be advertised that there's a discount for buying to 4 oz jars. I know it's the same amount of product, but I feel like it's misleading.

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
APB leave in spray and ayurvedic hair creme in pumpkin spice, my avocado oil, and APB pumpkin pie hair and body butter

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
Forgot I was in this challenge, again :nono:. Last night used APB Leave-in spray, BM Luscious Balanced Moisturizer, and sealed with BM Oil Moisturizer.

faithVA

DoDo IDareT'sHair Froreal3 ronie, I echo the same. I get extreme rebound drying when using water. I definitely have to layer other products along with it to make my hair feel halfway decent. I sometimes feel my hair does better if I eliminate water spritzing altogether and just go straight to cream / oil combo.

The odd thing is: water, oil, cream works great on wash day. I have no idea why I can't make it work throughout the week. I suppose, on wash day my hair loves it because it's soaking wet when I apply the oil vs. lightly misted. Seeing how I have low porosity hair, lightly spritzing isn't really moisturizing my hair, thus the oil seals out the cream.

That's a lot of rambling but that's my logic anyway.

I've been playing around with this and my hair doesn't like to be spritzed with water or usually even tea. I've been playing around with the ph of things and dropping the ph of water and tea using just a few drops of ACV. My hair has been reacting much better. I have also been able to use AVG if I mix it with water to bring its ph up to a 5 or 6. It looks like after my final rinse I need to keep my products in a ph range of 4.5 to 6 and my hair does fine.

Angelbean

Last night was wash day... On wet hair I used almond oil then applied APB spray leave in and the leave in pudding next I layered the Ayurvedic cream and sealed with my honey child honey hair cream... My hair feels so plush moist silky and soft!

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
DoDo divachyk IDareT'sHair Froreal3 ronie faithVA

I'll chime in on the discussion - natural, I believe normal or high porosity, though sometimes it act like its low porosity :perplexed:

Water spritz dried me out too. At first it will feel great, but by the next day, crunch, crunch, crackle, crackle. I tried to do a bootleg Q-Redew and steam with my Huetiful steamer face attachment, same crunch, same crackle (saves me from buying QR :look:) AVJ spritz does my hair right, so I've been using that then moisturize & seal. Soultanicals Sorrell seems to be ok, and right now I'm trying APB spritz to see how my hair feels. But no dice on water.

Jace032000

Ya'll mind if I join? I've been lurking for about 3-months now lol.

Okay, so the oils I'm using so far are:
Olive, Coconut, APB Hair Tonic

My essential oils are:
Rosemary, and Peppermint

Pomade of Choice: Almond Glaze
Hair Butter: NaturallyAmari Heavenly Curls :love:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Oh, I need to clarify - I don't and haven't used water.

I mean I use a Spritz of some sort.

But I still need to use a Crème, Lotion or Butter along with the Spritz.:grin:

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
Refreshed my braid out with Anabelle's Pumpkin Pie Hair and Body Butter and a dab of extra virgin avocado oil.

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
Applied a dab or two of APB pumpkin pie hair and butter for the night. Apb is retaining moisture exceptionally well. I wondered to myself if I should even add more :grin:.

sexypebbly

Sprayed APB cookie dough leave in and used hairitage hydration caramel frappe on my twists

Last edited:

ronie

Use SD WGBC as my leave in last night then braided my hair with thenaturalme whipped Shea butter. Washed and DCd my hair in preparation for twist extensions tomorrow. My hair is now airdrying in braids. Hopefully they will be stretched enough, so they won't need to blow it out.

sugaplum

Star Shooter
I posted this on "Hair Butter" thread:

i swear by agbanga karite. i have ordered shea butter and african black soap for years now. i have ordered shea butter from other sites and they just don't compare. i buy it by the pounds so i never run out. I use this for hair & body and for sealing.

i just made a whipped shea butter with it last night that consisted of the following:

1/2 cup Aloe Vera Gel
8oz Shea Butter
4oz coconut oil
2tbs. JBCO
2tbs. Hot Six oil (the recipe called for Jojoba oil but i didn't have any)
*optional* added NOW Orange essential oil

Attachments

• IMG_20140416_1939591.jpg
    IMG_20140416_1939591.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20140416_1940271.jpg
    IMG_20140416_1940271.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 11

Beamodel

Used APB cookie dough leave in spray

Sealed with APB Ayurvedic birthday cake cream

Sealed with HH carrot cake frosting

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
LCO'd with Bee Mine Deja's Hair Milk, Luscious, and GSO. I'm throwing on my bonnet, because it's time for the Scandal season finale :look:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
sugaplum

Welcome Ms. Lady!

Glad to have you!:grouphug2:

Delicious Mix you're sharing with us. Thanks for the Eye Candy.:love:

Please feel free to share any/many/all of your Oil Creations with us!:lick: