Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

spacetygrss

Three weeks after ordering from Soultanicals, my items should finally be delivered today. I honestly hope that I don't even like the products because I have no intention of ordering again after that long of a wait.

naija24

whiteoleander91

I am...KIND OF....

I'm still very much debating whether to chop tomorrow (what I want) vs chop in March (original plan) vs not chopping at all and just being a straight haired natural.

Regardless, I'm done with weaves. I'm so over it. and whatever I choose to do for myself, I'm making that clear to my bf. But I know that this is important to him for whatever reason, so I don't want to be seem spiteful. Either way, I'd have to pay $40 to take my weave out and shampoo it. so i'm just shifting back and forth. i just want the decision to be mine and not feel forced.

Last edited:

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
A Haiku

hair gel thick and clear
long lasting, frizz and poof tamed
to you, my curls thank

:giggle:

Would anybody participate if I made a gel appreciation thread :look: jk kinda :sekret:

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
A definite growth spurt happened in the last month. When I flat ironed for Halloween I was a definite neck length, when I flat ironed for Thanksgiving, I had my bottom layer scraping my shoulders?!

Last edited:

sweetpea7

Getting like 4 bottles TJ TTT conditioner since I'm never in the area so my hair better like it

Twistout fail. Didn't dry all the way so when I fluffed it it looked like curly semi stretched poof

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
whiteoleander91

I am...KIND OF....

I'm still very much debating whether to chop tomorrow (what I want) vs chop in March (original plan) vs not chopping at all and just being a straight haired natural.

Regardless, I'm done with weaves. I'm so over it. and whatever I choose to do for myself, I'm making that clear to my bf. But I know that this is important to him for whatever reason, so I don't want to be seem spiteful. Either way, I'd have to pay $40 to take my weave out and shampoo it. so i'm just shifting back and forth. i just want the decision to be mine and not feel forced.

Your feelings should be respected. You are being incredibly patient and considerate. I hope that he extends that same consideration toward you.

sweetpea7

Tea tree tingle smells just like peppermints.. Love it cuz my hair feels coated After my mud wash and deep conditioning. I have to shampoo my hair ughhh

spacetygrss

Oyin Hair Dew is everything! Normally my twists feel terrible after being washed (they get really dry and it takes forever to get them remoisturized). I rubbed them down with Hair Dew and my hair is so nice and moisturized after drying. Love it!

mssoconfused

Random--I have learned I get WAY more attention from guys (and women) when my hair is curly vs straight. Like men will wave me down to come over and compliment me on m hair...even when it looks a ratty mess.

Anyone else notice this?

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
Random--I have learned I get WAY more attention from guys (and women) when my hair is curly vs straight. Like men will wave me down to come over and compliment me on m hair...even when it looks a ratty mess. Anyone else notice this?
I get even more attention now that I have natural hair. Men and women compliment me. I been stopped at random places with people asking about my hair.

toaster

Aw thank you everyone! I'm honestly kind of shocked. I had no idea my hair was getting as long as it is, but I'm super happy and excited for next year.

ronie You know my regimen is easy as pie. I cowash twice a week, deep condition and detangle, twist it up for a twist out or bun. I shampoo twice a month and on shampoo days I prepoo with a moisturizing conditioner. I do a protein prepoo once a month.

I use Trader Joes conditioner and shampoo, pantene dc, and JASON biotin protein conditioner. I twist with Cantu creamy hair lotion and seal my ends with shea butter. Every night I spritz with Cantu coconut spritz and seal with shea butter.

That's really it.

ronie

Aw thank you everyone! I'm honestly kind of shocked. I had no idea my hair was getting as long as it is, but I'm super happy and excited for next year. ronie You know my regimen is easy as pie. I cowash twice a week, deep condition and detangle, twist it up for a twist out or bun. I shampoo twice a month and on shampoo days I prepoo with a moisturizing conditioner. I do a protein prepoo once a month. I use Trader Joes conditioner and shampoo, pantene dc, and JASON biotin protein conditioner. I twist with Cantu creamy hair lotion and seal my ends with shea butter. Every night I spritz with Cantu coconut spritz and seal with shea butter. That's really it.
I ve always paid attention to your regimen cause you know I love your hair. I still think you should start a thread. Everything you did this year paid off big time.

spacetygrss

I've been using the Njoy oil for 2 weeks now. I don't know about miraculous growth since it's too early to tell (plus, I'm a slow grower, so if it just boosts me up to the average 1/2 inch per month I'll be good). However, I do notice a change in my edges. I have nice, thick edges. However, I've noticed that I suddenly have a bunch of new "baby hair" (think Michael Jackson or Chili from TLC)! I guess that means that the oil is working! Hopefully, it's working all over my head like that!

Platinum

I wish I had made the decision to loc my hair when I joined LHCF. I can't imagine the thousands of dollars I would have saved instead of spending it on weaves, braid extensions, and products that didn't work for me.:ohwell: