2 stand twist out success!!!

tdillz

After being natural for 3 years I was going to give up on doing twist outs but I just probably was using the wrong products and finally today it turned out amazing!

What I used:
Wash day was last Saturday
Shampoo: hello hydration shampoo
Deep conditioned: shea moisture manuka honey and Mafura oil conditioning mask (this stuff is bomb!)
Leave in conditioner: As I Am leave in conditioner
Styler: alikay naturals shea yogurt (another amazing product that keeps my hair moisturized)
Oiled scalp with olive oil

Here are the results! I got so many compliments on it today! I was so proud I even posted it on Instagram! Times like these I'm proud to be natural!

Attachments

• image-3644504603.jpg
    image-3644504603.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 303

theRaven

Congrats girlie
Very cute and curly, good twist outs are hard to come by at times so you go girl :)

tdillz

Congrats girlie Very cute and curly, good twist outs are hard to come by at times so you go girl :)

Thanks! It took 3 years for my twist out to look like this (it's a shame) ESP in my world they are very hard to come by!!!

ronie

Glad you finally got it. To this day my twistouts can still be a hit or miss. Your definition is beautiful.

charmtreese

Twist outs are a tricky beast, but once you've got them down you'll feel like you've won the lottery! Very cute OP!

PinkSunshine77

New York's Finest
I perfected it at this point. I twist my hair before washing. I wash my hair with the twists. Condition with the twists. I tighten the twists up a little once I get out of the shower. I spray my hair with Wave Nouveau finishing mist & apply Chi silk infusion to my hair. I let them stay in a full day or two then I take them down. I get the perfect twist out every time.

Last edited:

pattyr5

Congratulations! I thought I was the only one ready to give up on the twist. Your hair looks great and you renewed my faith.

sunnydaze

Congrats..very pretty! Yes twist out success eluded my for 6 years( came out stringy/jheri curlish), until I read an old curly nikki article talking about doing them from a dry state for hair that is fine and needing volume. Now I only do them on day old wash n go hair that i have fluffed or picked out first. i then dampen each section lightly and twist with my curl and style pudding..nice fluffy defined twists every time!

tdillz

Congrats..very pretty! Yes twist out success eluded my for 6 years( came out stringy/jheri curlish), until I read an old curly nikki article talking about doing them from a dry state for hair that is fine and needing volume. Now I only do them on day old wash n go hair that i have fluffed or picked out first. i then dampen each section lightly and twist with my curl and style pudding..nice fluffy defined twists every time!

Will be trying! I haven't done a wash and go in months!