Would You Wear An Afro Wig?

Candycane044

Hey Ladies,

Lately I've been wanting to wear an afro but I don't think mine is quite big enough yet unless it's blown out. (Unfortunately, I don't want to blow it out on a regular basis because of heat damage etc.) Do you all think it would be alright if I wore an afro wig similar to the one Erykah Badu's wearing below, or do you think it looks bad?

Either way I have to wait until Sept, because I'm on a twist for growth challenge.

Hey Ladies,

Lately I've been wanting to wear an afro but I don't think mine is quite big enough yet unless it's blown out. (Unfortunately, I don't want to blow it out on a regular basis because of heat damage etc.) Do you all think it would be alright if I wore an afro wig similar to the one Erykah Badu's wearing below, or do you think it looks bad?

Either way I have to wait until Sept, because I'm on a twist for growth challenge.

Hey, if you feel comfortable with it, go for it :yep:
I have seen people with afro pony puffs (I had one at one time) and using afro hair weaved in to make their fro bigger.

Whimsy

I don't think I could ever wear a wig in public, i'd definitely wear one for a shoot though, that pic you posted is ferocious!!!

do yall remember that chick on ANTM who had that red fro weave? I loved it!

lovedone_24

Those shoes she got on are BAD!My advice though is to do you. I don't like wigs period because they make me uncomfortable.

ladylibra

i don't see why not. i wear straight-hair wigs so why not an afro one? i have a fake afro puff on right now :lol: it's all about finding the right hair and wearing it properly. :yep:

RegaLady

I've worn 'textured' half wigs before. I don't know about an afro one. But, most of us were born with afro type hair, so why not?:look: I saw a women who was wearing one at the grocery store. She was dressed to a T. And you couldn't help but notice her, she looked great!

SimpleKomplexity

I would! Erykah Badu always wearin those kute fro wigs and they look REAL! Teyana's not far behind either! I think they're kute. I tried a natural sew-in last month and loved it! I think I could rock a kute afro wig

BonBon

I remeber when Makosi in our Big Brother wore and afro weave and everyone went crazy for her.

Sadly it messed up by the end of if because she got it waterlogged lol but I did want one and I only wear kinky quick weave and people compliment it even though it gets pretty big as the curls seperate

JustKiya

I would, but I would have to be able to style it some how. I don't think that a straight 'afro' suits my face very much :lol: but I'd definitely rock an afro weave that I could style!

Candycane044

Thank you ladies, I believe I will try it when I'm off my twist for growth challenge. I'm going to dress it up some by putting a flower in it and perhaps some other accessories.

It's not the style of an afro that bothers me (or else I wouldn't be natural), it's how the wig itself would look. I just don't want the wig looking well "wiggy." I'm sure they have very nice afro wigs some places, but most of them that I've been able to find are at costume shops and we all know about the quality of wigs in those places lol. Anyways, thanks and I'll be sure to post my results!

Candycane044

i don't see why not. i wear straight-hair wigs so why not an afro one? i have a fake afro puff on right now :lol: it's all about finding the right hair and wearing it properly. :yep:

Ladylibra, where did you get your fake afro puff from and how do you have it attached to your real hair? (It looks fabolous!) I thought about doing this as well!