if you were natural and was the first lady?

anon123

Sad that we have to think about this, but people would have never accepted michelle with a fro or even a 3c curl.

I don't know that we can know this. 2 years ago people would have said "the U.S. would never accept a black man as president, especially if his name was "barack HUSSEIN obama", yet they did. Considering they accepted that, I think a that they would accept a woman with short cut curly hair is not that much of a stretch.

yuriko

If I was the wife of a presidential candidate, I would straighten my hair, but once I am officially the first lady, they would just have to deal with my fro, I would wear whatever style I feel like wearing

Evolving78

why do people have a problem with Al Sharpton's hair?LOL! i guess i would go with bunning, pinups, french twists styles. i think a woman can get away with a twa more so than a big twist out. idk. people talk about how this woman dresses, so just imagine what the conversations would be like about her hair.

Evolving78

To be quite honest , I think that we as "black people" have the problem with our hair . Im a flight attendant and whenever I wear my natural hair out -in puffs and such "they" are the ones that comment on it the most on how pretty it looks and wish they could do that and it's some of the sistas and bruhs that I get that why dont you put a relaxer or something in that hair . I said it before and I will say it again I dont understand why "we" have such a problem with our hair . We always say we are Wonderfully made so why do we have a problem with our hair. If we all wore our hair the way it came out of our scalp then who would "they" compare us with ? Our hair isnt straight by nature but we alter it ,why ? I just wish that "we"would one day get over it and accept our beautiful hair. I'm just saying,who wouldnt accept Michelle's fro ?

you answered your own question. people on the street can't accept my hair, so i know michelle would have major problems. people think that Don Imus was out of control, just imagine!

drjo91

I just read it again, i see. I would wear it curly, but have it look presentanble like someone else said. Why should i have to straigthen it out just because society says so.

Last edited:
I had that same thought today.

What if the first lady's hair sparked an international crisis??? lol

But seriously, I WISH Michelle rocked a huge fro. Alas, we're still working towards more natural representation.

luckiestdestiny

what would you do if you were natural and also the first lady? what if you didn't believe in straightening your hair? how would you style your hair or handle everyone's reactions to your hair? would you get sew-ins and wigs?

i think i would wear a sew-in or a wig because i know the world isn't ready for my afro and two strand twists!LOL!
If you're the first lady, that means the world is already ready for your look because they viewed you and your husband, and still voted for him. So you shouldn't change anything because you're already accepted....:rolleyes: