Question for All Wig Wearers

princessdi

For those of you who wear a full wig 8 hours a day everyday, how do you keep your hairline healthy? I would like to try to wear a full wig but because I'm already having trouble with thin sides, I'm afraid too. Is there a way to wear a full wig without it thinning out my sides and without it making my hairline unhealthy?

How many times a week do you wear a full wig and have you sustained any damage?:rolleyes:

Qetesh

i might not be the BEST person to answer this considering i usually dont wear a wig daily. BUT there was a month when i did everyday. I would braid my hair underneath wear it at least 8 hours it was in the summer and i didnt wear a wigcap... might be bad idea i donno... anyway so when i got home from work i would take the wig off and let my hair breathe i didnt have any issues with my hairline but my hair was braided in about 5 cornrowish braids and the sides were tightly braided down not really pulled back... my babyhairs kinda stuck out and it still looked natural enough... tho to me it was an obvious wig... but not to others

i washed my hair once a week and during this time i did achieve a good amount of growth retention ,,, i still wear wigs from time to time but not daily

Dommo

I usually wear half wigs because I'm trying to grow my new natural hair out and I will occasionally wear full wigs. I two strand flat twist my hair underneath(im not a good braider, but it works just as good) and put on a satin durag. I used to wear wig caps until i realized i was getting some sort of split stray hairs. My edges don't suffer at all as long i keep them moisturized.
This makes growing out my hair so much easier and i noticed that my hair is a lot more healthy due to low manipulation.

Hope that helps:yep:

I've been wearing a wig for the last 4 months and I usually do the following to prevent breakage of my full wig. I cornrow my hair under the wig and place my glycerin H20 mix on it daily in the morning along with castor oil for the ends. I then wrap my hair in a silk scarf and apply a black wig cap over that (until I can get a black silk scarf). I then place the wig over that. When I take my wig off at home (which is often worn waaaay greater than 8 hours due to my long days as a medical student) my hair is soft and supple. I just apply my growth mixture and put my satin bonnet on and call it a night. I haven't had a problem with my hairline yet with this method. HTH! :yawn:

MidBackCrisis

For those of you who wear a full wig 8 hours a day everyday, how do you keep your hairline healthy? I would like to try to wear a full wig but because I'm already having trouble with thin sides, I'm afraid too. Is there a way to wear a full wig without it thinning out my sides and without it making my hairline unhealthy?

How many times a week do you wear a full wig and have you sustained any damage?:rolleyes:

I would definitely consider myself a hardcore wig wearer if there is such a term lol. My mother corn rows my hair and then I have my wigs sewed on so its not like I can take it off at night and sew it on in the morning as my busy work schedule does not give me the time to do that. But as to ur question about keeping ur hair healthy under the wig, I just make sure I moisturize my hair everyday. What also helps out a little is that when my mom sews my wigs on she doesnt sew it so much so around my edges because she is well aware of the breakage that can occur. She also does it that way so that I am able to put my oils in my hair with no problem. I have been wearing wigs for a while now and for some reason my hair grows faster. Just keep it moisturized. You shouldnt have any problems. I hope that helps :gorgeous:

bluediamond0829

I wear wigs now to give my hair a break from full head sewin weaves.

I wear full wigs for 8+ hours. I dont braid my hair up because it isnt long enough to do so. So i just moisturize my hair and then put on the wig cap.

When i get home thats the first thing i do is remove the wig.