Long Hair Care Forum
Home Rules Feature Of The Month !! SUBSCRIBE !! Reviews iSpy Blogs Groups Contact Us

Go Back   Long Hair Care Forum > Long Hair Care Forum's Discussion Boards > Hair Care Tips & Product Review Discussion

User Tag List

Old 01-13-2008, 01:18 PM

Thanked 13,858 Times in 2,946 Posts
Mentioned: 589 Post(s)
Tagged: 41 Thread(s)
Default Re: Castor Oil and Hair Growth

Quote:
Originally Posted by almondjoi85 View Post
Okay...this is enough info for me to jump on the castor oil for eyebrows and eyelashes...PLUS the hair on my head. I have a section in my eyebrow that will not grow so maybe this will help and my eyelashs.....mmmm what eyelashes?!?!? haha

BUT i need to know WHAT KIND OF CASTOR OIL ARE YOU USING?
I just use the kind from Wal-Mart. It will work on your eyebrows but you have to be consistent and give it time. It's not something that will work in a couple weeks. It's very gradual but effective. Make sure to apply every night and whenever you're around the house (not going anywhere because you don't want greasy brows, lol) just slap some on. I was never consistent with my eyelashes because I didn't like the oil getting into my eyes. My eyelashes are already very long anyway so I'm not real worried about it.
Old 01-13-2008, 01:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

My father's hair started to fall out not too long ago and he started to use my JBCO on his head and he said it's making his hair come back in. He's in £oυe with this and always have them on stock.
Old 01-13-2008, 08:46 PM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)

I had wanted to wait a little longer before having to answer this question. I started using castor oil in October on my scalp and hair. When I did my relaxer in December, my hair was noticibly longer in a problem area and thicker too My research stated that castor was the world's first antiseptic - the cold pressed method was used for extraction.

It has prevented scalp eruptions, given me soft, moistured hair, and HEALED nicks and cuts!!!!
Old 01-13-2008, 09:42 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

You know what, I am soo glad I saw this thread. I just bought some organic castor oil last week. I am going to start using it to remove my eye make up and start using it on mine and my moms hair. I really hope it works.
Old 01-13-2008, 09:50 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokahontas View Post
I just use the kind from Wal-Mart. It will work on your eyebrows but you have to be consistent and give it time. It's not something that will work in a couple weeks. It's very gradual but effective. Make sure to apply every night and whenever you're around the house (not going anywhere because you don't want greasy brows, lol) just slap some on. I was never consistent with my eyelashes because I didn't like the oil getting into my eyes. My eyelashes are already very long anyway so I'm not real worried about it.
I just want to add that purchasing a better quality of castor oil, such as the Home Health brand from the health food store, one can see results faster.
Old 01-14-2008, 12:43 AM

Thanked 1,419 Times in 400 Posts
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 15 Thread(s)

I do not used C O for hair grow but for the first time in years, I started having problems with acne - bumps and all which leave spots. I tried almost everything but nothing dries it up until I started rubbing castor oil on. The spots haven't totally cleared up yet but no more bumps and my face is looking much better.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:42 AM

Hello ladies, I used castor oil and my hair loved it. The only thing I suggest it that you mix it with other essential oils. I use 100% castor oild from the health food store. It is very thick. If you use it on your scalp it will thicken and just sit there and weigh your hair down, my scalp started to itch. I use a castor oil mix with pepermint, basil, grapseed, lavender, rosemary, atlas and thyme essenital oils along with olive oil. It works wonders for the over all health of my hair.

I also used castor oil for my face. My face has a healthy glow and it does not dry out like it used to.

happy oiling ladies. I will be sholder length by November.
Old 01-19-2008, 07:28 AM

Tagged: 31 Thread(s)

bumping for respones
Old 01-19-2008, 07:57 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

I always had very thin hair, every since I began wearing braids. I began using castor oil after reading about it on the boards and the reults:

One month later of using!

Here's the result after 3 months of using:

My hair has never been this thick... EVER! Even before I started wearing the braids I didn't have hair this full and thick. I oil rinsed with castor oil mixed with avacado oil (just to make it not as thick) and I did this for 3 months and I'm very proud with the results. I'm not sure if it contributed to the growth, but definately to the thickness!
Old 01-19-2008, 08:12 AM
overworked and underpaid

Thanked 2,082 Times in 591 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 13 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Songbirdb View Post
I always had very thin hair, every since I began wearing braids. I began using castor oil after reading about it on the boards and the reults:

One month later of using!

Here's the result after 3 months of using:

My hair has never been this thick... EVER! Even before I started wearing the braids I didn't have hair this full and thick. I oil rinsed with castor oil mixed with avacado oil (just to make it not as thick) and I did this for 3 months and I'm very proud with the results. I'm not sure if it contributed to the growth, but definately to the thickness!
Very nice results!!! I used to use Castor Oil for my hair and skin, I don't know why I stopped using it. You are making me want to revisit using it again.
Old 01-19-2008, 01:38 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I just read this thread a couple of day ago and I started putting castor oil on my eye brows and eyelashes and I am already starting to see results. A couple of years ago I had an accident and I cut m eyebrows and they never grow back. I tried all kinds of expensive product and I saw little no result. Yet the answer has been in my bathroom all this time Thats funny.
Old 01-19-2008, 02:02 PM

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 21 Thread(s)

When I first went natural, I had some thin spots in my crown area from overprocessed relaxers I did hot oil treatments with castor oil for about 6 months and those spots thickened back up.
Old 01-19-2008, 02:08 PM

Thanked 2,664 Times in 359 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Castor oil has done wonders for my hair. It has help stop breakage, prevent dry scalp, as well as moisturize and condition. I just ordered some more JBCO and can't wait till it gets here!
Old 01-19-2008, 07:07 PM

I've read that castor oil promotes hair thickness and as baaaaaaadddd as I want thicker hair, I don't know why I hadn't tried it yet. I'm definately going to try it on my lashes. I think thick long lashes are absolutely beautiful. I'm trying it on my brows too as they are very thin. I have some upstairs, I'm starting tonight.
Old 01-19-2008, 07:34 PM

Thanked 1,936 Times in 750 Posts
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic View Post
I do not used C O for hair grow but for the first time in years, I started having problems with acne - bumps and all which leave spots. I tried almost everything but nothing dries it up until I started rubbing castor oil on. The spots haven't totally cleared up yet but no more bumps and my face is looking much better.
Funny you mentioned this...I had the opposite reaction. Several years ago, I was using castor oil to seal my hair and apparently I used too much. It was the kind from Wal-Mart and it broke my face out something terrible. I could change the pillow cases every night to no avail. I vowed to never use it again (at least not on my hair). I had to go to the aesthetician a few times to get rid of the hyperpigmentation (one big blemish on the side of my face where I'd slept). I am now considering using this on my eyelashes though....and I may make a scalp oil out of it (with jaborandi leaves as on overnight scalp oil treatment before washing it out)...however I will not use it on the length of my hair. I will try the Black Castor Oil once I decide if I'm going to use it again.
Old 01-19-2008, 07:39 PM

Thanked 3,586 Times in 1,719 Posts
Mentioned: 721 Post(s)
Tagged: 110 Thread(s)

I'd probably never use castor oil on my lashes but I do like how it thickened my hair when I did use it. I think it's time to pull it back out of it's hiding place and start using it again. Thanks for the reminder.
Old 08-22-2009, 10:14 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

bumping bump