Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

CluelessJL

Have just taken the plunge and bought a subscription after a couple of months reading and lurking. Now I don't know where to start! So much to learn...!

ms.blue

For the last two months, grey hairs have been popping all through my head.:perplexed. I also ran out of all my deep moisturizing deep conditioners...I'm slipping.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Attempting no wigs for a week. This will be different!

I wonder why some products formulated with amla is so irritating to my scalp.

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
Attempting no wigs for a week. This will be different! I wonder why some products formulated with amla is so irritating to my scalp.

DivaChyck how are you planning to wear your hair? Since I straightened my hair, I'll be enjoying wearing it loose in a bun and praying for a break from ssk's. Sounds like you're allergic to amla.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF please excuse typos

divachyk

DivaChyck how are you planning to wear your hair? Since I straightened my hair, I'll be enjoying wearing it loose in a bun and praying for a break from ssk's. Sounds like you're allergic to amla.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF please excuse typos

flyygirlll2
I can use Komaza Pona without issue but amla oil and some other amla products irritate my scalp. Guess it's based on the formulation.

Today I have what looks like a braid out....I pulled hair up in a french twist with a croc clip.

I will braid my hair nightly in one big bread to keep my hair from becoming tangle and hopefully that will keep ng stretched.

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
I really want to try the Curls Blueberry jelly but it's $18 plus $10 shipping. :nono:
I hope they will release this to target or walmart soon. I definitely want to try it. I really like their goddess curls. It's my go to styler. Mahogany curls did a tutorial with it this weekend.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
It's wash day, but I am too cold to get out from under this blanket. I hope it warms up today or I will have to turn on the heater.

tapioca_pudding

stephanie75miller yea I saw her vid this weekend which is what prompted me to look into it. I wonder how long it will be before you can get it on the ground.

I just checked the website and it looks like they priced it at $25 now, up from $18 just this past weekend. :drunk: what the hayell...... and it says it's out of stock.

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
stephanie75miller yea I saw her vid this weekend which is what prompted me to look into it. I wonder how long it will be before you can get it on the ground. I just checked the website and it looks like they priced it at $25 now, up from $18 just this past weekend. :drunk: what the hayell...... and it says it's out of stock.
I definitely will not be purchasing from the website with that price + shipping. No ma'am. I love their products but not enough to spend that.

naija24

sigh. i am so indecisive. love being natural but i want a rihanna pixie cut right now. i just think it's soooooo cute. I wonder if I can do this without getting a relaxer. I imagine it would require a wash and wetwrap style and then pressing it once dry...

Attachments

• f9f245a394ddc041219989bb8eb067f2.jpg
    f9f245a394ddc041219989bb8eb067f2.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 24
  • 61933c68a0a4fdf30e6bd6db95207a0e.jpg
    61933c68a0a4fdf30e6bd6db95207a0e.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 28
  • 63dc6249a1bea6e39d04a6a58203a85b.jpg
    63dc6249a1bea6e39d04a6a58203a85b.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 25

Lilmama1011

It's still sad that black women think that because your black, we are incapable of growing long hair. I had a client just say this to me " I tell people I can't grow my hair long because I am black. Black people don't have long hair", you know I school her right?

Anaisin

I just randomly clicked on a Naptural vlog, didn't know her daughter could talk and had hair already. Olivia's hair was on point in that vlog lol

ravenhairedcharm

I'm wondering what would happen if after washing my hair, I put my leave-in conditioner on, sit under a hooded dryer for a little, and then style my hair, no rinse...

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
I'm wondering what would happen if after washing my hair, I put my leave-in conditioner on, sit under a hooded dryer for a little, and then style my hair, no rinse...
I use regular conditioner as a leave in sometimes. You make want to test it out on a day your not going anywhere to make sure the conditioner you use meshes with the styler you use. Some products produce white flakes when mixed together.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
I'm on a no buy officially( hair).

I need nothing else for the next 4-5 months unless it's body products. (soap, oils/butters)

This tuneup is not going to be pretty. I have a sneaky suspension. Who said being an adult was gonna be fun???

CluelessJL

Last night my twists all but fell out, so today I will be sporting uneven and messy waves. :rolleyes:

Some days I miss the consistency of using a curling iron every morning. But, you know, not the damage.

...or having to get up 15 minutes earlier :lol:

divachyk

Fine hair naturals, are you able to detangle without relying solely on finger detangling? I'm asking for a (lurker) friend.

MilkChocolateOne

Fine hair naturals, are you able to detangle without relying solely on finger detangling? I'm asking for a (lurker) friend.

Finger de tangling doesn't remove enough shed hair. I use a comb or paddle brush after finger de tangling. The right products and working in sections decrease breakage for me.