what kind of hair clips do you use for sectioning?

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
I usually section my hair with claw clips. They don't last me very long before they break apart. What type of clips do you use? I'd really appreciate if you added a pic and mentioned where you purchased them, as well.

make_me_over

Salon care croco clips. I get them from Sally's when they go on sale

ETA: This week I purchased some more Salon Care croc clips from Sally's and I realized they were not the strong, high quality clips in my collection. The strongest croc clip I've used is by turboion and I purchased them from Folica. Sorry for the confusion.

Last edited:

Dayjoy

Old School Member
I've been using these but they snag the hair:

Sometimes I use these, but they don't hold much:

I just bought some cheap claw clips that are bigger than those above and I think I'll stick with those. If they break I'll just get some more. They don't snag.

Last edited:

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
Dayjoy thank you for replying! I remember trying something similar to the last pic when I first went natural, but my hair kept getting caught in the little grooved/teeth part. Maybe I should look around for some better quality ones, the ones I tried were kinda broke down lol

ManeStreet

I use big mouth hair clips. They don't snag. I have very thick hair & it's almost HL. These hold my hair perfectly,

image-1755701659.jpg

Napp

Ms. Nobody
i like to use single pronged duck bill clips. they slide in and out easily with no snags

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
Thanks everyone, I really appreciate all of the recommendations. I hate opening my claw clips to pin up a section only to have it fall apart in my hands. So frustrating! I think it's all of the conditioner and water that makes them weak.

i like to use single pronged duck bill clips. they slide in and out easily with no snags

Napp I really like these, but since I keep my clips in the shower, they end up rusting over time. Maybe keeping clips in the shower is the problem lol. But it's so much more convenient!

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Thanks everyone, I really appreciate all of the recommendations. I hate opening my claw clips to pin up a section only to have it fall apart in my hands. So frustrating! I think it's all of the conditioner and water that makes them weak.

Napp I really like these, but since I keep my clips in the shower, they end up rusting over time. Maybe keeping clips in the shower is the problem lol. But it's so much more convenient!

maybe you can put them in a plastic soap box and leave in it your shower

faithVA

These are my fav. I usually buy a pack from Sally's once or twice a year because I end up losing them :lachen:.

I want to try these.

I have both the original Croc Clips and the Sally's version. The original feel heavier than the Sally's I have broken at at least 8 of the original. They were no match for my hair. But I do like them. I just purchased the Sally's version. I like them because of the price but not sure how long they will last.

Last edited:

make_me_over

@make_me_over thank you for replying! so these clips don't snag your hair at all?

No snagging, they are strong, and hold a lot of hair. I like the salon care brand, I think it's the best quality and last longer than other brands I've tried.

ETA: it's actually Turboion brand croc clips from Folica that I was referring to.

Last edited: