let's talk about hair clips

newflowers

I am in the process of buying stuff for when I am finally done with these braids. At Sally's, I found colored duck bill clips coated in plastic. They only had to packs of four so I snapped them up. I did not buy the other clips for doing roller sets because they were metal and I know those can slice the hair. And I purchased no barrettes or hair bands or pony tail holders.

I want to make certain that when I buy these, I am getting the ones that will be best for my hair - which will be relaxed.

What type of hair accessories - clips, holders, bands, barrettes, ribbons - are best? What are you using that works best for relaxed hair? What about the really pretty jeweled ones for fancy occasions - can those be used safely?

Thoughts, suggestions, opinions, advise?

Isis

I've always used the long, metal duckbill clips from Sallys for the rollersetting. I've never had any problems with them damaging my hair in any way.:)

I also love the Good Hair Days pins for updos or whenever I want to pin up some of my hair. They are super hair friendly and hold better than bobby pins.

KEWLKAT103

I use ouchless headbands and pony tail holders. I'm not sure who makes them. Maybe goody, but they work realy well. I wear those almost everyday and don't get any snags or breakage.

Lavendar

I glad you brought this up...I need something cute for Spring/Summer. I just found some great barettes at Eckerds by Scunci. They have great designs are a bit larger for longer hair. All of the metal edges that touch the hair are coated in plastic. They had several styles. I love these!