what clips do you use to section your hair off?

Lilmama1011

A pic would help unless you say crocodile clip then I know what they look like lol.
I think I need to get crocodile clips because clips in my hair while detangling and washing is a nono. It always get tangled. I have like four different clips and either they are to small so I grab hair and tug when removing them, or to grabby and have to rock clips back and fourth, has a part where my hair wraps around it and gets stuck especially when wet, or has a raised seam and even though I have have filed it down and it's smooth to the touch with my fingers , when I am putting it through my sections, it seems to feel like it's still raised or could possibly be slicing hair. SO what do you use?

Lilmama1011

But then again I'm thinking just use the grabby ones and get use to rocking it side to side before removing it

ellebelle88

I use butterfly clips. I have a lot of natural hair so they are the only thing that work. I have TONS of them. Literally.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
My hair is waaaaay to thick for any clips....plus they always slip out in the shower. I make 4 ponytails using these scrunchies for my wash day. I pre-poo & shampoo in them taking the ponytails down one at a time to do so. When it's time to deep condition under my steamer, I'll still use the scrunchies but twist the length of the ponytails and then use a duckbill clip to clip the twists on top of my head to get the steam. That's the only purpose I use clips for...well other than roller setting.

Last edited:

MzRhonda

My hair is waaaaay to thick for any clips....plus they always slip out in the shower. I make 4 ponytails using these scrunchies for my wash day. I pre-poo & shampoo in them taking the ponytails down one at a time to do so. When it's time to deep condition under my steamer, I'll still use the scrunchies but twist the length of the ponytails and then use a duckbill clip to clip the twists on top of my head to get the steam. That's the only purpose I use clips for...well other than roller setting.

Oooh thanks for this.....this seems to be a much better way of doing my youngest dd hair.....it is VERY long and thick and she hates anything wash day. :lachen::lachen: This just may work for us on her. Those clips were not working....more hassle and tangling.

faithVA

I have croc clips, sally's version of croc clips and butterfly clips. I prefer the goody barrettes for washing but I broke most of them and they discontinued them :sad:

I have a lot of both the croc clips and the butterfly clips and I use them all :lol: I have short, high shrinkage dense hair and it is tough to separate and hold down. I broke 7 or 8 croc clips.

I use combinations depending on whether I am washing, applying product, styling, etc.