Paging those who self-relax with box perms

levette

Would you share your results? I just jumped on the box perm wagon last week as my money was funny and my change was strange … (translation… i was broke to shell out $75) and I was ready to relax. I ended up using the ORS relaxer in normal. I have been getting salon perms for years (Affirm sensitive) and this perm kinda texlaxed my resistant hair. But for some reason this ORS box relaxer took better than the Affirm. I'm not quite sure if I will make the ORS a permanent switch. Decisions Decisions!! I would love to see the self-relaxers who use box perms and share about the health of your hair. :yep:

Attachments

• image-1778596788.jpg
    image-1778596788.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:

Beamodel

I was relaxing with ORS or Silk Elements but the last two or three touch ups I have switched to Affirm Fiberguard and I'm not looking back.

I feel like my new growth the last 6 months or so is way healthier than when I was using ORS or Silk Elements.

Good luck...

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
When I was relaxed, I LOVED the original Silk Elements relaxer. Another good one was the Profectiv relaxer. THEE best neutralizing shampoo of all time. It seriously made my hair feel like I cowashed with the most awesome, luxurious conditioner.

PureSilver

My last relaxer I used profectiv and I love it. I will continue to use it until it gives me a reason to not like it anymore. I love the cream on cream mix and it really made my hair silky and strong. The shine is amazing as well and my hair responds to moisturizers better now.

I just need to work on my ends and everything else should fall in place.

crlsweetie912

When I was relaxed, I LOVED the original Silk Elements relaxer. Another good one was the Profectiv relaxer. THEE best neutralizing shampoo of all time. It seriously made my hair feel like I cowashed with the most awesome, luxurious conditioner.

Not a box...but I have been using silk elements for YEARS. In May I cut off all my hair into a short cut and its horribly hard to stretch relaxers with this short cut...so I was worried about overlapping and over processing but this stuff has NEVER failed me.

Toy

I have used box perms such Ors & Dark lovely since day one...I have never encountered any Issues.

*CherryPie*

I also use silk elements in the tub (lye). I love this relaxer! It leaves my hair nice and soft...and flexible, unlike the box relaxers (no-lye) that I used to use.

Not a box...but I have been using silk elements for YEARS. In May I cut off all my hair into a short cut and its horribly hard to stretch relaxers with this short cut...so I was worried about overlapping and over processing but this stuff has NEVER failed me.