Itching and Crawlies???

ttlayli

I started using Indian Products about 3 weeks ago. First time I just the Shakahai Bar, Alma oil, Shakahai oil, coconut and vatika oil.

Sunday I used everything, but I also tried the Shakahai paste. Besides the Indian products, the only thing new I used on my hair is Chi Silk Infusion.

This was SUNDAY.

Up until today I was fine....now for some reason my scalp is itching and it feels like it's crawling. :ohwell: I know I can't be sensitive to these products because I have been using them for awhile now.

I was starting to think if it was the feeling everyone described from taking Puritan's Pride...since I'm taking PP Biotin 5000 and PP B-Complex 50. But I have been taking them for a little over month now and I have not felt ANYTHING, so I'm thinking it can't be the pills.

Has anyone else had the itches using Indian Products?? :look:

carletta

:yep: I have !!!! since starting the shikakai & amla oils + intense massaging the scalp = more creepy crawling sensations ( increased new to hair growth ) !!!
My scalp also itch alot more when my hair grows . but glad to say NO REACTIONS TO THE REGIMEN !!!!!!!! :yay::yay::yay::clapping::clapping::clapping::dance7:

ttlayli

:yep: I have !!!! since starting the shikakai & amla oils + intense massaging the scalp = more creepy crawling sensations ( increased new to hair growth ) !!!
My scalp also itch alot more when my hair grows . but glad to say NO REACTIONS TO THE REGIMEN !!!!!!!! :yay::yay::yay::clapping::clapping::clapping::dance7:

Ohhhhhhh!!!! I hope that's what It means!!!! It's been about three wks since I started using the Indian Products, then BAM!!! For the past day my scalp is itching like crazy!!! :spinning: Maybe I'll get the growth I need hehehehe! :rolleyes:

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
If you've been using this stuff for a while and didn't have any reactions till now, I would say your hair is growing! (what every LHCFer loves to hear :lol: )

BTW, your hair is gorgeous! So shiny and purdy!

ttlayli

If you've been using this stuff for a while and didn't have any reactions till now, I would say your hair is growing! (what every LHCFer loves to hear :lol: )
:lachen::lachen::lachen: I know right!!

BTW, your hair is gorgeous! So shiny and purdy!

Awww thanks girlie!!!! Shoot I want your thickness though! I was looking at your pic like "Dannnggg!" LOL :spinning:

soonergirl

hey ladies!!! I have used the shikakai shampoo bar once, and use amla oil or vatika olive oil everyday... I have the itchies but like everyone else I think/hope its from growth!!!! yay.... I co wash every day too.... Are you breaking out in a rash etc??? or is it just itchie scalp????

OT: tiffers your hair looks mad thick chile, you go!!!!!!! oh yeah, Go OU!!!!

ttlayli

hey ladies!!! I have used the shikakai shampoo bar once, and use amla oil or vatika olive oil everyday... I have the itchies but like everyone else I think/hope its from growth!!!! yay.... I co wash every day too.... Are you breaking out in a rash etc??? or is it just itchie scalp????

I just have the itchies...I don't have a rash. :yep: You just got the itchies when you started using the Indian Products???

soonergirl

I really cant say girl, but every since the shikakai shampoo my hair has felt a lot thicker/dense, as I protective style everyday and its up in a claw clip....So it could just be my imagination....I am siding with your hair growing.... are there ladies out there that are experiencing allergic reactions??? These products are natural, its just hard to imagine, but I bet it could happen.... why dont you take a break from them and see what happens??? I truly hope you arent allergic, these products are new to us all and have great benefits.....I am actually so excited to use them, I feel kinda nerdy!!!:yep:

ttlayli

I really cant say girl, but every since the shikakai shampoo my hair has felt a lot thicker/dense, as I protective style everyday and its up in a claw clip....So it could just be my imagination....I am siding with your hair growing.... are there ladies out there that are experiencing allergic reactions??? These products are natural, its just hard to imagine, but I bet it could happen.... why dont you take a break from them and see what happens??? I truly hope you arent allergic, these products are new to us all and have great benefits.....I am actually so excited to use them, I feel kinda nerdy!!!:yep:

Girl I know! I stay cheesin' on wash day! :lachen:

ShiShiPooPoo

Alright girlie!

You know we seem to be on one accord with this Indian stuff!

I have noticed that I can't keep my nails off my scalp to save my life. I am justa itching and scratching and carrying on. My crown area seems to be the WORST! I was cleaning out the garage today and just had to snatch my hat off to get it like I needed and I thought I hope my neighbors aren't watching me. I really looked like some kind of fiend or something.:dizzy:

ttlayli

Alright girlie!

You know we seem to be on one accord with this Indian stuff!

I have noticed that I can't keep my nails off my scalp to save my life. I am justa itching and scratching and carrying on. My crown area seems to be the WORST! I was cleaning out the garage today and just had to snatch my hat off to get it like I needed and I thought I hope my neighbors aren't watching me. I really looked like some kind of fiend or something.:dizzy:

Hey Girl! LOL I know! :drunk:

Luckily I was at home allll day but it was horrible! I mean I was just sittin hear scratchin' forever!! :lachen: This MUST be the Indian products then! It better be!! :wallbash: After all this itchin I better get some growth or else! Grrrr! LOL :rolleyes:

I just thought...hmmm... I wonder if all this scatching, counts as SCRITCHING? :spinning:

ShiShiPooPoo

Hey Girl! LOL I know! :drunk:

Luckily I was at home allll day but it was horrible! I mean I was just sittin hear scratchin' forever!! :lachen: This MUST be the Indian products then! It better be!! :wallbash: After all this itchin I better get some growth or else! Grrrr! LOL :rolleyes:

I just thought...hmmm... I wonder if all this scatching, counts as SCRITCHING? :spinning:

Mine is itching terribly now as we "speak". I think I will get my little Vatika brush (the one that came with the oil) and scritch or whatever you call it.
Have you seen CandyC's siggy? I wonder if her hair was itching like this when she got all that growth? Maybe she'll see this.

ttlayli

Mine is itching terribly now as we "speak". I think I will get my little Vatika brush (the one that came with the oil) and scritch or whatever you call it.
Have you seen CandyC's siggy? I wonder if her hair was itching like this when she got all that growth? Maybe she'll see this.

HUH??:blush: I didn't get a brush with mine! Lucky! :rolleyes: Hmmm...I wonder if I could use an old toothbrush too scritch! :lachen:

ShiShiPooPoo

HUH??:blush: I didn't get a brush with mine! Lucky! :rolleyes: Hmmm...I wonder if I could use an old toothbrush too scritch! :lachen:

Yep. It's one of those wooden brushes with the cushion and the wooden pegs. It says VATIKA on the handle. It's not big but it's a nice brush. It was wrapped up on the bottle of oil.

carletta

no rash !!!!!! justs growth :yep:

scarcity21

Yep. It's one of those wooden brushes with the cushion and the wooden pegs. It says VATIKA on the handle. It's not big but it's a nice brush. It was wrapped up on the bottle of oil.
yep ,my Vatika oil came with the free brush too and i get the itchies too...Great minds think alike bcos I thought about using the brush to scritch too:grin:

Nazarite27

I started using Indian Products about 3 weeks ago. First time I just the Shakahai Bar, Alma oil, Shakahai oil, coconut and vatika oil.

Sunday I used everything, but I also tried the Shakahai paste. Besides the Indian products, the only thing new I used on my hair is Chi Silk Infusion.

This was SUNDAY.

Up until today I was fine....now for some reason my scalp is itching and it feels like it's crawling. :ohwell: I know I can't be sensitive to these products because I have been using them for awhile now.

I was starting to think if it was the feeling everyone described from taking Puritan's Pride...since I'm taking PP Biotin 5000 and PP B-Complex 50. But I have been taking them for a little over month now and I have not felt ANYTHING, so I'm thinking it can't be the pills.

Has anyone else had the itches using Indian Products?? :look:

OMG!!! :yep:

I just started using the Vatika and Alma oils about two weeks ago....and I really thought I had a fungus, bugs or something!! It certainly felt as if something was crawling on my scalp.

That itchy, crawling feeling went away once I washed my hair, but I have never felt anything like that.

It~Can~Grow

I don't feel like it's happening all over my head - but in spots...first it will be my nap...then the left side...then a spot on top. I don't think it's an allergic reaction because I would think it would be all over?

Anyway, I started noticing this about two days after I started rubbing my hair nightly with the Indian Hair Oil potion (cedarwood, juniper, rosemary, grapeseed, thyme eos)..

I thought it was just me...I knew my hair wasn't dirty so I could figure it out...this will make week two for me. I'm not giving up just because of the itches...but the itch-ees are causing me to scratch to the point that one area is a little sensitive now :nono:

Last edited:

BK Bombshell

OMG! I came into the forum to ask about this. My scalp has been itching like crazy and that NEVER happens. I was thinking I might be allergic or something. I've been doing my scritching with shikakai oil and everything seemed to be going okay. I'm going to do an oil wash now and then do henna and a second oil wash. Hopefully that will calm my scalp.

ttlayli

ARGGHHHH! :wallbash: I BETTER get some growth from this!!! As soon as I woke up this morning, I'm itching already! It's soooo annoying! I'm itching like crazy and it got so bad I've been carrying a fine-toothed comb around so I could rake my scalp with it. Tell me why I was outside looking G-H-E-T-T-O scrubbing my scalp and this poor old lady was looking at me like I was a fool? :lachen: I hope she didnt think I had lice! :lachen: It's so annoyong at one point I was thinking about stoping my PP Biotin and B-50 and my powders and soaps to see if it would stop, but HELL TO THE NAW!!! I'm gettin' to my goal! :grin: I'm thinking about flat-ironing once a wk now instead of waiting every two, cuz my scalp is going crazy!!! :wallbash:

BrooklynSouth

Post shikaki, tulsi shampoos, rinses I get that at times. My scalp looks fine so I'm thinking it's my hair curling as I airdry or may just be my pores reacting to the treatment. Growth would be nice..I'll see mid month when I touchup.

Me2

How is it going for you ladies? I had to stop using Vatika and Amla on my scalp when I started drawing blood from stracthing so much. I actually thought something was crawling up there and even went out and purchased a magnifying glass:perplexed. My husband thought I'd lost my mind!

Tamrin

unapologetic
How is it going for you ladies? I had to stop using Vatika and Amla on my scalp when I started drawing blood from stracthing so much. I actually thought something was crawling up there and even went out and purchased a magnifying glass:perplexed. My husband thought I'd lost my mind!

Wow Im so sorry..After the first week or two it should stop.

ttlayli

Whoa! :blush: Yeah thats what I was afraid of! I was actually using a fine-toothed comb it itched so bad! It has subsided since last night though...thank gosh!

Miss*Tress

Post shikaki, tulsi shampoos, rinses I get that at times. My scalp looks fine so I'm thinking it's my hair curling as I airdry or may just be my pores reacting to the treatment. Growth would be nice..I'll see mid month when I touchup.
My scalp has been itching more than usual even though it is clean and sebum- and dandruff-free. I reckon it's a non-allergic reaction to the herbs, or at least I hope so.