Using hair conditioner as a leave-in is great!

Lyssa

Hello everyone,

I would like to share this with everyone. My hair is really dry due from chemical treatments and I always use to condition and put gloss and serum on my hair and it's still dry sometimes. I just recently start using my regular hair condioner Claroil 5x conditioner for dry damaged hair, I use it first after my shampoo and rinse it off and then towel dried my hair and use it as a leave-in and I still use my serum afterward but I think that this makes my hair more moisturize and at least look like it, I'm thinking of trying other conditioner like Pantene Slick and Smooth. Does anyone else other than me who do this with success? and can someone recommend a really good conditioner that makes the hair silky? thanks alot

lyssa

Allandra

I love using conditioners as leave-ins. It works great on my hair, and the slip is incredible. I've used Pantene Smooth and Sleek, and that's a great one too. I'm glad it's working for you.

inthepink

I usually take some conditioner and put in a spray bottle with water and a little oil. Do you guys use it straight? Do you just apply a dallop and work it through your hair? I have to try this sometime.

[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:
I use it straight. I place a dallop in my hands, rub them together and work it through my hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I do.

TinyT

Yep, I use humectress straight from the bottle and it is awesome. I also do what hairlove does with other conditioners. I love to mix, sebastian slinky, almond oil, and water together for a water leave-in/detangler.

Isis

[ QUOTE ]
silvergirl said:
is nexxus headress basically the same thing as humectress???

[/ QUOTE ]

I use Headress as a leave-in after conditioning with Humectress and I find it to be a little different. Headress seems to be more detangling than Humectress is, although Humectress has detangling properties too.

Tracy

I do this with Pantene. I also do the spray bottle deal with Dominican Conditioners. I don't add oil though.

It is a good way to get the slip of the conditioners you like - post wash.

lunalight7

silvergirl, headdress is volumizing while humectress adds slip and detangling. I use a little oil w/headdress to prevent dullness.

nekee

I used pantene Pro-V yesterday for naturally curly hair - i used it on my new-growth and it felt sweet
But im going to be cheap and start using VO5 conditioners especially since i bought like 8 yesterday

inthepink

[ QUOTE ]
nekee said:
But im going to be cheap and start using VO5 conditioners especially since i bought like 8 yesterday

[/ QUOTE ]

ooh, what flavors, and colors, and smells??