What is your Best Leave-in Conditioner

jade998

What is your best leave-in Conditioner ?

I use Akin Intensive Moisture Leave-In Conditioner and I think it is the best leave in ever. Whenever I use it for my roller sets, my hairs come out soft and lovely.:lick:

And I normally have really dry hair

Here is a bit about it:
A'kin Deeply nourishing, intensive moisture and protective leave-in conditioner which helps to restore moisture, flexibility, and strength. Also helps protect hair from heat damage from crimping or straightening irons. Use prior to styling to add definition to curls, defrizz, and smoothness. Use after styling to sleek & smooth your style or to add moisture to dry, damaged hair. Can be used on wet or dry hair, before or after styling. These conditioners don't coat the hair with silicones like many other conditioners, they leave it soft, naturally.

What would you say was your best leave in conditioner and how do you use it?

Once I use a leave in, I don't need moisturiser as much and can get away with a light coating in the evening with my olive + grapeseed oil mixture.

I can confirm that you can use it on dry hair too :yep:

tbaby_8

I use a dominican leave in called Nacidit Leavin in Conditioner. I use it to do my roller set and it makes my hair soooo shiny, when I use it.

topnotch1010

Real Housewife of Houston
I use shescentit green grape leave-in everyday on me & dd's hair. No buildup and it leaves our hair soft and smelling great! I can't comb her hair without it! I looove this stuff!

shininnebear

i use giovanni direct, its light and I can use it on dry or wet hair, i actually like it better on dry hair, it revived my curls :lick:

HoneyDew

Mine can be used on dry hair, too.

I am using Komaza Care Shea Butter Hair lotion as my leave in.

It feels wonderful on my wet hair. A little goes a long way, too.

Allandra

[FONT=&quot]Mine is Salerm 21. I put a little on my hair after I shampoo and deep condition.

I purchased my first bottle of Giovanni Direct Leave in last week. I haven't tried it yet. I hear it has the potential to be a favorite. I shall see.

:)
[/FONT]

darlingdiva

CD Black Vanilla Leave-In.

I use it after I've washed my hair & before I put on my moisturizer.

I also use it when I'm taking my twist-out down, and when I'm in braids.

***I no longer use CD Black Vanilla Leave-In because the ingredients changed. I now use and love the Jane Carter Solution Revitalizing Leave-In.

Last edited:

candiel

My current leave-in is Giovanni Direct. I use a little after I wash and condition my hair. It makes my hair so soft and is a great detangler.

camilla

right now i am using givanni direct LOVE it and hawian silky 14 in1 BUT i am almost out of both where did you get the akin i would love to try it to compare?

right now i am in braids so i am using a mix of aphogee provitamin mixed with 14 in1 and african royal braid spray with very little olive oil and water to spray nightly

Last edited:

camilla

[FONT=&quot]Mine is Salerm 21. I put a little on my hair after I shampoo and deep condition.

[FONT=&quot]I purchased my first bottle of Giovanni Direct Leave in last week. I haven't tried it yet. I hear it has the potential to be a favorite. I shall see.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]:)[/FONT]
[/FONT]

i also use salerm 21 for my roller sets:grin:

jade998

My current leave-in is Giovanni Direct. I use a little after I wash and condition my hair. It makes my hair so soft and is a great detangler.

right now i am using givanni direct LOVE it and hawian silky 14 in1 BUT i am almost out of both where did you get the akin i would love to try it to compare?

right now i am in braids so i am using a mix of aphogee provitamin mixed with 14 in1 and african royal braid spray with very little olive oil and water to spray nightly

i use giovanni direct, its light and I can use it on dry or wet hair, i actually like it better on dry hair, it revived my curls :lick:

There is a lot of love for Giovanni, I think I have tried it, but don't remember being that in love with in. I might try it again.

I have salerm but I felt that it coated my hair. I am not in love with cones

Akin is perfect for me, it has no:
  • no sulfates (SLS, known skin sensitizer)
  • no ethoxylates (cancer causing)
  • no parabens (oestrogen mimicking gender bender preservatives)
  • no propylene glycol (skin irritant moisturiser)
  • no petrochemical cleansers
  • no silicones
  • no phthalates (oestrogen mimicking gender bender)
  • no DEA (carcinogenic) & artificial colours

Faith

I love lacio lacio. I found Giovanni left a bit of residue in my hair but the lacio lacio just melts in. I apply it after I towel dry.

likewtr4chklit

This is an on going question for me...sigh** I'm either going to try one of the Joico leave-ins raved about in the Joico thread or Giovanni Direct. Hell I might get both!

AdeyemiTL

Hands down, Salerm BioMarine Tratamiento Acondicionador Triple Activo, I love natural hair treaments, but this is one of two non-commercial products that I use.

chebaby

i have many leave ins.
paul mitchell moisture mist is my all time fave leave in spray. but i always use a spray and a creamy leave in.
i love salerm 21. but right now im in love with rusk sensories smoother conditioner too.

cocoagirl

What is your best leave-in Conditioner ?

I use Akin Intensive Moisture Leave-In Conditioner and I think it is the best leave in ever. Whenever I use it for my roller sets, my hairs come out soft and lovely.:lick:

And I normally have really dry hair

Here is a bit about it:
A'kin Deeply nourishing, intensive moisture and protective leave-in conditioner which helps to restore moisture, flexibility, and strength. Also helps protect hair from heat damage from crimping or straightening irons. Use prior to styling to add definition to curls, defrizz, and smoothness. Use after styling to sleek & smooth your style or to add moisture to dry, damaged hair. Can be used on wet or dry hair, before or after styling. These conditioners don't coat the hair with silicones like many other conditioners, they leave it soft, naturally.

What would you say was your best leave in conditioner and how do you use it?

Once I use a leave in, I don't need moisturiser as much and can get away with a light coating in the evening with my olive + grapeseed oil mixture.

I can confirm that you can use it on dry hair too :yep:

Where do you get this Akin from and can you please list the ingredients, or point me to a site that lists them? Thanks!

baddison

natural for good
i have many leave ins.
paul mitchell moisture mist is my all time fave leave in spray. but i always use a spray and a creamy leave in.
i love salerm 21. but right now im in love with rusk sensories smoother conditioner too.

Yup...me too. I use a "wet" leave-in first, and then seal that with a "creamy" one. I use Giovanni VitaPro Fusion or DooGro LeaveIn Growth Treatment. Then I apply either Giovanni Direct LeaveIn :lick: or BB Oil Moisturizer. I usually do a whole head baggy after that.:yep::yep: Moisture beyond compare!!

Toy

I use Hair One Olive cleansing Conditioner now i have another Sally's Version of Sebastian Potion# 9 Leave in Treatment.

jade998

Where do you get this Akin from and can you please list the ingredients, or point me to a site that lists them? Thanks!

Here is the active ingredients:mad:
Active Botanicals:
  • Panthenol Pro-vitamin B5
  • Nourishing Australian Certified Organic Avocado
  • Jojoba Oil
  • Vitamin E
  • Sandalwood Oil
  • Certified Organic Lavender Oil
  • Woundwort Flower Extract
You can see full list of ingredients here, but to protect formulation, they don't list individule lists, but they list every ingredient for ALL their products

http://www.eco-essentials.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=75

I am sure you can get it at wholefoods

This is an american site that sell, but I havenever used it so can't recommend it - http://www.puristusa.com/conditioner/

I am slowly switching to this line of products, it is affordable but nice.

Shaley

Here is the active ingredients:mad:
Active Botanicals:
  • Panthenol Pro-vitamin B5
  • Nourishing Australian Certified Organic Avocado
  • Jojoba Oil
  • Vitamin E
  • Sandalwood Oil
  • Certified Organic Lavender Oil
  • Woundwort Flower Extract
You can see full list of ingredients here, but to protect formulation, they don't list individule lists, but they list every ingredient for ALL their products

http://www.eco-essentials.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=75

I am sure you can get it at wholefoods

This is an american site that sell, but I havenever used it so can't recommend it - http://www.puristusa.com/conditioner/

I am slowly switching to this line of products, it is affordable but nice.

Has anyone seen this at Whole Foods? Those ingredients look really good.

I'm currently using the Long Hair Lovers leave in. It's ok so far but $22 a bottle. The Akin price is a little better with similar ingredients:rolleyes:

Stormy

Co-signing with Giovannie Direct Leave-in. Haven't used anything else. My hair looooooves this stuff!:yep:

hair_rehab

I def. agree with Giovanni leave-in, when I need a little protein I use Mane N' Tail as a leave-in (my hair loved it when I was relaxed)

blessedandlucky

i have used ntm silk touch for awhile but am switching to mop leave-in conditioner because it doesn't have any cones. i used it for the first time with my last wash and my hair is so soft and silky - i can't keep my hands out of it!! (i'm almost 6 weeks post too)

bajanplums1

i love "it's a 10" it works so well for my hair.

Ingredients
Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Propylene Glycol, Panthenol, Cyclomethicone, Silk Amino Acids, Hell Anthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Quaternium-80, Fragrance, Citric Acid

Last edited:

chebaby

i have a small sample bottle of giovanni direct and am thinking of trying it tonight but idk. if i like it i will buy the big bottle from whole foods.

i also love salerm 21 and the mop leave in.

but a really really really good leave in is the hydratherma naturals protein balance leave in. it is phenomenal. infact i just decided to use it tonight.

Kimiche

i love "it's a 10" it works so well for my hair.

Ingredients
Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Propylene Glycol, Panthenol, Cyclomethicone, Silk Amino Acids, Hell Anthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Quaternium-80, Fragrance, Citric Acid

This leave-in has great reviews on Amazon. :yep:

Shaley

Has anyone seen this at Whole Foods? Those ingredients look really good.

I'm currently using the Long Hair Lovers leave in. It's ok so far but $22 a bottle. The Akin price is a little better with similar ingredients:rolleyes:

Just called Whole Foods and another natural/organic market here. Neither of them say they carry this product.

Jade998- did you purchase from the websites you mentioned or did you get it somewhere locally?