YAY SILK ELEMENTS RELAXER IS THE BESTEST

Nanyanika

Alli77 said:
DEN! I'm glad you found a relaxer that works great! I love Silk Elements too, you're right it is the bestestest!!! I used the regular formula and it made my stuff bone straight, I think I have a mix of fine and medium strands, but lots of volume...that can be deceiving. I plan on getting the mild formula but I haven't been able to locate it at my SALLY's for 3 straight weeks. I asked the girl to order the 5lb tub for me so I can't wait 'till I try it. Welcome to the club Den! The shampoo is ok and the moisturizing treatment is good too but be careful as it can weigh your hair down. Other than that the products are fairly good and the relaxers are wonderful. I'm 2 1/2 post and my hair is still pretty soft and moist.
Yipee Alli, i'm so happy with my hair at last. You know my hair texture sounds very similar to yours, I'm not tempted to get the mild though because i know how resistant my hair can be...i love bone straight on me because my hair is mighty thick so i acheive just the right amount of body. Yeah, i didn't bother with their shampoo it was sooo expensive. Thanks for cautioinig me about the treatment, it has cones in it too, i'll only use it for relaxer touch-ups. I hope my hair remains nice and soft too, I'm soo to be in the SE Relaxer club.

Healthb4Length

den1 said:
Yipee Alli, i'm so happy with my hair at last. You know my hair texture sounds very similar to yours, I'm not tempted to get the mild though because i know how resistant my hair can be...i love bone straight on me because my hair is mighty thick so i acheive just the right amount of body. Yeah, i didn't bother with their shampoo it was sooo expensive. Thanks for cautioinig me about the treatment, it has cones in it too, i'll only use it for relaxer touch-ups. I hope my hair remains nice and soft too, I'm soo to be in the SE Relaxer club.

Den you know we go ways back like Reebok Hi-top sneakers and gold plated rope chains:lol: :lol:. I know our textures are very similar, and that means a lot of drama!:grin: When I see your posts I know what you're going through, I'm so happy that this worked out because you've been searching for a good relaxer for a long time. Your hair should remain soft, even when I'm a lazy bum my hair still feels soft.

Nanyanika

Alli77 said:
Den you know we go ways back like Reebok Hi-top sneakers and gold plated rope chains:lol: :lol:. I know our textures are very similar, and that means a lot of drama!:grin: When I see your posts I know what you're going through, I'm so happy that this worked out because you've been searching for a good relaxer for a long time. Your hair should remain soft, even when I'm a lazy bum my hair still feels soft.
Ha Ha lol!! i've never had so much hair drama in my entire life, I'm so relieved that its all over, I've been carrying this heavy load a long time and now my deliverance has come, lol i feel like i'm in Church. I'm hoping by my next touch-up i can show some decent hair length shots i'm waiting for my hair to spout now, since i got my ends cut and level. wish me luck, i'm always embarking on a new hair journey, this one i hope will remain pleasant.

Armyqt

Congrats Den1. I too suffer with dryness. My hair has always been naturally dry. I use Phyto Index 1 because my strands are fine, but my hair is neither testurized or relaxed. So I've been thinking hard about straightening my hair more. What relaxer did you use before? I'm debating btwn trying the Phyto Index 2 and the SE mild. I don't want my hair bone straight, but something has to give at this point. BTW, thanks for the review and HHG. :)

caribeandiva

Human being
hmm.. you make me wanna try it now. i get similar results with Bantu, the first relaxer that didn't leave me underprocessed or with burns.

Nanyanika

Armyqt said:
Congrats Den1. I too suffer with dryness. My hair has always been naturally dry. I use Phyto Index 1 because my strands are fine, but my hair is neither testurized or relaxed. So I've been thinking hard about straightening my hair more. What relaxer did you use before? I'm debating btwn trying the Phyto Index 2 and the SE mild. I don't want my hair bone straight, but something has to give at this point. BTW, thanks for the review and HHG. :)
Thank-you Armygt, I used the Elasta QP sensitve scalp no lye, it worked out fine the first time but i began to experience dryness issues and the second time my hair was underprocessed which increased the dryness problem, i got so frustrated that i switched to SE lye, its the best decision i could have made. I feel SE mild could be perfect for you. good luck whatever you decide.

Nanyanika

caribeandiva said:
hmm.. you make me wanna try it now. i get similar results with Bantu, the first relaxer that didn't leave me underprocessed or with burns.
TRY IT, TRY IT i'm a "product pusher" lol

Armyqt

den1 said:
Thank-you Armygt, I used the Elasta QP sensitve scalp no lye, it worked out fine the first time but i began to experience dryness issues and the second time my hair was underprocessed which increased the dryness problem, i got so frustrated that i switched to SE lye, its the best decision i could have made. I feel SE mild could be perfect for you. good luck whatever you decide.

Thanks Den1. I'll be strecthcing for quite a while so I have lots of time to make a decision. I'm happy to hear that this has been such a positive experience. Getting the hair thing just right can be a bit daunting at times. Looking forward to your updates. :)

Healthb4Length

den1 said:
Ha Ha lol!! i've never had so much hair drama in my entire life, I'm so relieved that its all over, I've been carrying this heavy load a long time and now my deliverance has come, lol i feel like i'm in Church. I'm hoping by my next touch-up i can show some decent hair length shots i'm waiting for my hair to spout now, since i got my ends cut and level. wish me luck, i'm always embarking on a new hair journey, this one i hope will remain pleasant.

Well, Despite all the hair drama your looks fabulously amazing! I've been have drama with shedding this season but I'm surprizingly calm about it, I think it's my turn to have hair drama now. It will pass, I know by next year I'll see great results, starting in November I'm weaving it up (C&G) method...I just need a break. You'll be fine Den, your hair grows super fast! You'll probably be waist length again by this time next year.

Tee

eyunka said:
A frined of mind purchased Silk Elements Relaxer for herself and allowed me to use it on my daughter's hair.....a mild at that and usually use Regular. Anyway the perm took so well that I plan to use it myself when it is time.

Yup, Nique did mine and I loved it. She used the mild on my hair. My hair was very soft.

Den1....I am glad you loved it as much as the rest of us.

Okay, I've been having underprocessed issues, too. I'm seriously considering trying SE on my next touch-up in a couple of weeks. I like the fact that you all say it straightens well, leaves the hair soft, and doesn't burn. I'm 90% sure that's what I'm using next time.

Congrats, Den1!

Nanyanika

Alli77 said:
Well, Despite all the hair drama your looks fabulously amazing! I've been have drama with shedding this season but I'm surprizingly calm about it, I think it's my turn to have hair drama now. It will pass, I know by next year I'll see great results, starting in November I'm weaving it up (C&G) method...I just need a break. You'll be fine Den, your hair grows super fast! You'll probably be waist length again by this time next year.
Thank-you Alli, like you i was having a lot of shedding issues, i belive that its also linked to stress in my life. Please don't say its your turn to have hair drama, that's not a nice thing to go through. Your hair is gorgeous and thick already, I want to weave up for a few months, i would like to strecth for 4 months, do you know what type of weave regimen you will be following. Its a shame because my hair grows very quickly yet, i've had to cut so much due to damage from the texturizer, thank God i've removed most if not all of the damaged ends. I hope my hair will gain strength and thickness again.

Nanyanika

Letitia said:
Yup, Nique did mine and I loved it. She used the mild on my hair. My hair was very soft.

Den1....I am glad you loved it as much as the rest of us.
Thanks, its so amazing how a relaxer can leave your hair so soft..even before i put the conditioner on, I'm really in love with SE...btw Letita your hair is soo thick and pretty, i can't wait to get back to your length.

Nanyanika

Miz Jackson said:
I just finished with a regular and am amazed at how straight my hair is. I really like this relaxer.
Its great that you love SE too, I'm in love with straightness

Candy_C

that ashame my relaxer never work for you!!! :(:(:(

i'm sure u used regular in elasta tho init? i use the mild/sensitive and have never had issues. guess its different hair different reaction! well done anyway sis x

Nanyanika

CarmelTreat said:
Okay, I've been having underprocessed issues, too. I'm seriously considering trying SE on my next touch-up in a couple of weeks. I like the fact that you all say it straightens well, leaves the hair soft, and doesn't burn. I'm 90% sure that's what I'm using next time.

Congrats, Den1!
I think SE would be great for the underprocessed areas too, trust me i've been suffering for 3 years with this issue, and i tried three diffrent relaxers to correct my problem and they did nothing. I just made sure that i moisturised well during the week before my relaxer. I was very surprised with SE because i have sensitive scalp that burns easily and i was sitting down anticipating a tingle sensation and I felt NOTHING, i was so comfortable. I wish you the best.

Nanyanika

Candy_C said:
that ashame my relaxer never work for you!!! :(:(:(

i'm sure u used regular in elasta tho init? i use the mild/sensitive and have never had issues. guess its different hair different reaction! well done anyway sis x
Hey Candy, i'm so sad elasta QP mild sensitive didn't work for me, the first time my hair was so silky and nice and i don't know what happened on my last touch-up, but my hair was shedding like crazy, rough and dry. I think the no-lye formula dries my hair out too much, i was thinking of just switching relaxer formula rather than a new brand, but after reading reviews i decided to try it first. Thanks for your help.

Healthb4Length

den1 said:
Thank-you Alli, like you i was having a lot of shedding issues, i belive that its also linked to stress in my life. Please don't say its your turn to have hair drama, that's not a nice thing to go through. Your hair is gorgeous and thick already, I want to weave up for a few months, i would like to strecth for 4 months, do you know what type of weave regimen you will be following. Its a shame because my hair grows very quickly yet, i've had to cut so much due to damage from the texturizer, thank God i've removed most if not all of the damaged ends. I hope my hair will gain strength and thickness again.

I think its stress related too, I've been taking time out to relax and enjoy life. Thanks for the compliment, that means a lot. The weave regimen I plan on following is similar to C&G method; weave with a cornrow base, a little of the front left out for blending. I plan on washing once a week in sections and use a spray-in leave-in conditioner for moisture. I would moisturize between the tracks every other day with a braid spray (African Royale) and that's it. I also checked out Reneice's regimen (www.fotki.com/Reneice), it was pretty simple and she got maximum growth from it. I plan on doing this for about a year and stick to it too. My weave appointment is in a week, I can't wait!

Nanyanika

Alli77 said:
I think its stress related too, I've been taking time out to relax and enjoy life. Thanks for the compliment, that means a lot. The weave regimen I plan on following is similar to C&G method; weave with a cornrow base, a little of the front left out for blending. I plan on washing once a week in sections and use a spray-in leave-in conditioner for moisture. I would moisturize between the tracks every other day with a braid spray (African Royale) and that's it. I also checked out Reneice's regimen (www.fotki.com/Reneice), it was pretty simple and she got maximum growth from it. I plan on doing this for about a year and stick to it too. My weave appointment is in a week, I can't wait!
Thanks for responding!! Good luck with your appointment and please do post pics, I really wouldn't mind putting a weave in around christmas. At least it stops me from obsessing about my hyair.

den1 said:
I think SE would be great for the underprocessed areas too, trust me i've been suffering for 3 years with this issue, and i tried three diffrent relaxers to correct my problem and they did nothing. I just made sure that i moisturised well during the week before my relaxer. I was very surprised with SE because i have sensitive scalp that burns easily and i was sitting down anticipating a tingle sensation and I felt NOTHING, i was so comfortable. I wish you the best.

Yeah, I've tried a few but that particular underprocessed area is still misbehaving. I've been keeping up with protein and moisture to prevent breakage. This is very encouraging, though - especially the no burning part. I hate a burning scalp and try to avoid it at all costs. I'm going out to buy my SE tomorrow for my Friday touch-up. I'm so excited! I'll let you know how it goes. :grin:

Was it the luxury moisturizing conditioner that you used after neutralizing (or before)? I'm just going to get all of the products I need and take it in for my hairdresser to use.

Last edited:

Nanyanika

CarmelTreat said:
Yeah, I've tried a few but that particular underprocessed area is still misbehaving. I've been keeping up with protein and moisture to prevent breakage. This is very encouraging, though - especially the no burning part. I hate a burning scalp and try to avoid it at all costs. I'm going out to buy my SE tomorrow for my Friday touch-up. I'm so excited! I'll let you know how it goes. :grin:

Was it the luxury moisturizing conditioner that you used after neutralizing (or before)? I'm just going to get all of the products I need and take it in for my hairdresser to use.
Good luck, with SE touch-up on friday, i really do hope you like the relaxer. please do remember to post on your experience. I used the moisturizing treatment after neutralising, i didn't use SE netrualiser poo, it was too expensive so i bought the one by Proclaim.

MrsBKJ

Hey den
glad this worked out for you, which relaxer had you used previously? I know you have said but my memory is failing me.
ALso where did you get it from? Do you know of any internet places i could order?
Im thinking of my touch up and am waivering between phyto and this now...help!
lol
Thanks

Nanyanika

RachiQue said:
Hey den
glad this worked out for you, which relaxer had you used previously? I know you have said but my memory is failing me.
ALso where did you get it from? Do you know of any internet places i could order?
Im thinking of my touch up and am waivering between phyto and this now...help!
lol
Thanks
Hello Rachique, I used Elasta QP sensitive no-lye, the first time it worked well, but the second time i was underprocessed and my hair was very dry and unruly. I purchased Silk elements from Sally's in Gants hill, past ilford I'll try to get their number for you. I'm currently 2 weeks post and my hair feels so silky and moist without the dry feeling from Elasta QP no lye. good luck.

Kenedie

Hi Ladies!

After reading this thread, I thought I would give SE a try since I wasn't too thrilled with my last relaxer. I have to say I am really impressed! My hair is really soft and silky. I usually wait a couple weeks before I give any relaxer thumbs up but it already feels totally different from any relaxer that I have had so with that I am pleased.

Thanks for posting this!

Ken:)

Nanyanika

Kenedie said:
Hi Ladies!

After reading this thread, I thought I would give SE a try since I wasn't too thrilled with my last relaxer. I have to say I am really impressed! My hair is really soft and silky. I usually wait a couple weeks before I give any relaxer thumbs up but it already feels totally different from any relaxer that I have had so with that I am pleased.

Thanks for posting this!

Ken:)
Congrats that's brilliant, I'm approaching 3 weeks post and my hair still feels and looks silky and moisturised. Thanks for writing in to share your experience with SE.

preciousjewel76

Question: I've read that some ladies add oils to the SE relaxer before applying. What are the benefits of this, and which oils have you used?