YAY SILK ELEMENTS RELAXER IS THE BESTEST

Nanyanika

First of all I’d like to say thank-you to all the ladies who recommended silk elements lye relaxer. My hair is so moisturised, healthy and silky now with NO DRYNESS. This is my best relaxer experience my few years of relaxing, and you know what I DIDN’T BURN ONE BIT.

I went to Sally’s this morning and picked up the regular formula and their moisturising conditioner. I decided to skip purchased their neutralising poo, when I saw the price. I got the one by proclaim. Some of you remembered how upset I was to find out that my hair was underprocessed 5 weeks ago with Elasta QP no lye, and my last stylist feathered my hair with a razor, which screwed up my ends even more.

I was seriously considering cutting of all my texturized ends, however taking advice from you ladies, especially miziani mami, and after reading numerous good reviews of silk elements I decided it was the way to go as a last resort. I’m so glad I did.

My good friend and natural hair stylist, Anne came to do my hair she, based my scalp with Vaseline and got the relaxer on my head in 3mintures, she used a fine tooth comb as my hair is resistant and thick.

We followed the timing guide of 22 minutes for coarse hair as I had a fair amount of new growth, she thoroughly rinsed out the relaxer, and neutralised with proclaim, before she slapped the conditioner on, I took a glance at my hair in the mirror I couldn’t believe how shiny, soft and healthy my hair looked and this is BEFORE I PUT THE CONDITIONER ON.

I sat under the drier for 15-20 minutes, and had it rinsed out I really loved the way my hair felt. Anne applied the Elasta QP leave in Styling lotion, on damp hair followed by keracare oil moisturiser with jojoba oil and keracare essential oils, and blow dried my hair straight, she did a 2 inch blunt cut, to even up my hair and remove split ends,

Its A SHAME my hair was bra-strap length, now its arm pit length, but I’m happy that my hair is healthier now. I plan to keep my ends healthier by using my baggy method and I will never let go of silk elements. I’m really getting the PJ twitch the other silk elements conditioners ingredients sounds so good, I’m heading back to Sally’s this week.

PS. KIZZY I PICKED UP THE MILD FOR YOU, I WILL POST IT ON WEDNESDAY.

Last edited:

eyunka

A frined of mind purchased Silk Elements Relaxer for herself and allowed me to use it on my daughter's hair.....a mild at that and usually use Regular. Anyway the perm took so well that I plan to use it myself when it is time.

Cayenne0622

CONGRATS!!! I'm glad you like it! I am going to switch from regular to mild at my next application in November!! I tried it for the 1st time about 5 weeks ago and I really like it too!

Nanyanika

eyunka said:
A frined of mind purchased Silk Elements Relaxer for herself and allowed me to use it on my daughter's hair.....a mild at that and usually use Regular. Anyway the perm took so well that I plan to use it myself when it is time.
Its excellent that the mild worked on your daughers so well, i think the regular is pretty gentle on my hair. One of the things i was worried about is getting scalp burns, i had to switch to no-lye because of the fear of getting burnt, i was so pleasantly suprised that silk elements didn't even cause a slight tingle and i could sit comfortably for my hair to be properly processed. Good luck if you decide to try it, i'm sure you won't be disappointed.

MizaniMami

Yessss! I am so glad this worked for you. I really had my fingers crossed for you. Once again congrats. Mines did burn but I think it iwas because I washed two days before. Next time I will was only a week before and I will base the night before and before relaxing.

Nanyanika

Cayenne0622 said:
CONGRATS!!! I'm glad you like it! I am going to switch from regular to mild at my next application in November!! I tried it for the 1st time about 5 weeks ago and I really like it too!
Thank-you, has it caused any dryness or shedding? and is there any particular reason why you are switching to mild? do you think its a strong relaxer?

Nanyanika

MizaniMami said:
Yessss! I am so glad this worked for you. I really had my fingers crossed for you. Once again congrats. Mines did burn but I think it iwas because I washed two days before. Next time I will was only a week before and I will base the night before and before relaxing.
aWW thank-you so much Mizani you really helped me STOP and THINK before taking the drastic step of cutting most of my length off, i'm glad you and the others encouraged me to do a corrective. My ends are near straight, but very loosely waved now and i'm happy with that.

AtlantaJJ

Congradulations!! I'm telling you that SE is the bomb!! I am using the mild, it seems to work really well. I only leave it in for 10 mins because I just came out of braids. I"m going to use it for my retouch and leave it in a little longer next time, but my results couldn't be better espeically considering that my hair wasn't in the best condition due to braid abuse.

A keep fer sur!

Nanyanika

AtlantaJJ said:
Congradulations!! I'm telling you that SE is the bomb!! I am using the mild, it seems to work really well. I only leave it in for 10 mins because I just came out of braids. I"m going to use it for my retouch and leave it in a little longer next time, but my results couldn't be better espeically considering that my hair wasn't in the best condition due to braid abuse.

A keep fer sur!
Thank-you, your hair looks great in the avatar, i really am in love with the results too, i will never switch back to no-lye or change this brand of relaxer Looks like i've found a staple. Have you tried any of the other silk elements products? if yes what is your opnion

SUPER SWEET

:eek: Den look at the shine and silkyness. I gotta try it now...bye bye Dudley.
Beautiful Hair Den but you always have had a pretty head of hair.

Nanyanika

mysweetevie said:
:eek: Den look at the shine and silkyness. I gotta try it now...bye bye Dudley.
Beautiful Hair Den but you always have had a pretty head of hair.
Thanks mysweetevie.The pic in my siggy isn't silk elements one, i'm trying to upload my new ones but i'm having some trouble.

Nanyanika

Here are the pics, Ill get some length shots as soon as i find someone to take them

Last edited:

fancypants007

den1 said:
Thanks!! I'm certainly pleased that I caved in and tried this relaxer, I really do hope you like it.

Den1, happy to hear about your good experience with SE. I too tried it for the first time the end of August, and my hair was so silky. I switched from the wash and wear relaxer which is lye to the SE lye. I'm self-relaxing and I'm only looking for my curl to be released just a little so I left it in for about 10 minutes (5 to apply and 5 to smooth) and my hair turned out just the way I wanted it to. I will be doing a touchup the end of this month with SE. I'm happy that your dryness has disappeared and your hair is now silky and moisturised.

Nanyanika

fancypants007 said:
Den1, happy to hear about your good experience with SE. I too tried it for the first time the end of August, and my hair was so silky. I switched from the wash and wear relaxer which is lye to the SE lye. I'm self-relaxing and I'm only looking for my curl to be released just a little so I left it in for about 10 minutes (5 to apply and 5 to smooth) and my hair turned out just the way I wanted it to. I will be doing a touchup the end of this month with SE. I'm happy that your dryness has disappeared and your hair is now silky and moisturised.
Thank-you!!! yes the dryness has disappeared and i feel i can now finally enjoy my experience as a relaxed head instead of battling with underprocessed textures. I believe i'm now ready for acheiving my hair length goals, i'm going to head back to bra-strap length, by using the baggy method, and strecthing relaxers to 4 months, taking supplements, good diet for health reasons and i will dust my ends every now and then. The next task i must tackle is finding the right products for my hair and sticking by them.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I am transitioning because I haven't found a relaxer that could get my hair strait and keep it that way.:ohwell: I'm under pressure from my hubby because he wants me to keep it relaxed. He doesn't understand that my hair refuses to relax. Has anyone else used SE as a corrective relaxer and what techniques did you use? I am 8 weeks post and my last CR was ORS. My hair at the nape refuses to relax and my sides are texlaxed. I can't get a strait style and I have a semi curly wash n go. Will this relaxer help me get my hair strait? I am just at a loss as to what to do. I don't want to BC again. If I can get a relaxer that will get my hair strait, it will solve alot of problems.

Last edited:

Nanyanika

DDtexlaxd said:
I am transitioning because I haven't found a relaxer that could get my hair strait and keep it that way.:ohwell: I'm under pressure from my hubby because he wants me to keep it relaxed. He doesn't understand that my hair refuses to relax. Has anyone else used SE as a corrective relaxer and what techniques did you use? I am 8 weeks post and my last CR was ORS. My hair at the nape refuses to relax and my sides are texlaxed. I can't get a strait style and I have a semi curly wash n go. Will this relaxer help me get my hair strait? I am just at a loss as to what to do. I don't want to BC again. If I can get a relaxer that will get my hair strait, it will solve alot of problems.
No you don't have to be a professional to get se relaxer.Which formula do you use mild/regular? My hair is alsdo resistant so i use the regular formula and my hairdresser combed in thin sections, i left the relaxer on for the full timing.

growingbrown

I just purchased this relaxer today at Sallys and plan to relax within a few weeks. That will give me time to purchase its conditioning treatment. :grin:

DDTexlaxed

I use the regular because I find the super really eats up my edges. I am hoping to wait til the beginning of November to try SE. If it doesn't work, I will be done with relaxers and long transition. I am sick of this struggle that never seems to end with me.:ohwell: I really miss being able to do my cute relaxed styles.

Nanyanika

growingbrown said:
I just purchased this relaxer today at Sallys and plan to relax within a few weeks. That will give me time to purchase its conditioning treatment. :grin:
Good luck!!You will definately love se conditioning treatments its excellent

Nanyanika

DDtexlaxd said:
I use the regular because I find the super really eats up my edges. I am hoping to wait til the beginning of November to try SE. If it doesn't work, I will be done with relaxers and long transition. I am sick of this struggle that never seems to end with me.:ohwell: I really miss being able to do my cute relaxed styles.
Maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea for you to return to natural for a while.

Cayenne0622

den1 said:
Thank-you, has it caused any dryness or shedding? and is there any particular reason why you are switching to mild? do you think its a strong relaxer?

I'm switching to mild because I have fine/medium textured hair and the regular processed the thickest part of my hair too fast! My crown was bone straight before I could get the relaxer on my nape and hairline. I ended up under processed in those areas, which is good, because my hair is fine there and probably needed a little break. I am choosing to switch to mild so that I'll be able to evenly apply without rushing.

Nanyanika

Cayenne0622 said:
I'm switching to mild because I have fine/medium textured hair and the regular processed the thickest part of my hair too fast! My crown was bone straight before I could get the relaxer on my nape and hairline. I ended up under processed in those areas, which is good, because my hair is fine there and probably needed a little break. I am choosing to switch to mild so that I'll be able to evenly apply without rushing.
Thanks for responding, I found that the regular formula, takes time to relax my hair, maybe because i applied a lot of moisturisers prior to relaxing. I have medium and fine strands however my hair is resistant.

mango387

den1 said:
First of all I’d like to say thank-you to all the ladies who recommended silk elements lye relaxer. My hair is so moisturised, healthy and silky now with NO DRYNESS. This is my best relaxer experience my few years of relaxing, and you know what I DIDN’T BURN ONE BIT.

I went to Sally’s this morning and picked up the regular formula and their moisturising conditioner. I decided to skip purchased their neutralising poo, when I saw the price. I got the one by proclaim. Some of you remembered how upset I was to find out that my hair was underprocessed 5 weeks ago with Elasta QP no lye, and my last stylist feathered my hair with a razor, which screwed up my ends even more.

I was seriously considering cutting of all my texturized ends, however taking advice from you ladies, especially miziani mami, and after reading numerous good reviews of silk elements I decided it was the way to go as a last resort. I’m so glad I did.

My good friend and natural hair stylist, Anne came to do my hair she, based my scalp with Vaseline and got the relaxer on my head in 3mintures, she used a fine tooth comb as my hair is resistant and thick.

We followed the timing guide of 22 minutes for coarse hair as I had a fair amount of new growth, she thoroughly rinsed out the relaxer, and neutralised with proclaim, before she slapped the conditioner on, I took a glance at my hair in the mirror I couldn’t believe how shiny, soft and healthy my hair looked and this is BEFORE I PUT THE CONDITIONER ON.

I sat under the drier for 15-20 minutes, and had it rinsed out I really loved the way my hair felt. Anne applied the Elasta QP leave in Styling lotion, on damp hair followed by keracare oil moisturiser with jojoba oil and keracare essential oils, and blow dried my hair straight, she did a 2 inch blunt cut, to even up my hair and remove split ends,

Its A SHAME my hair was bra-strap length, now its arm pit length, but I’m happy that my hair is healthier now. I plan to keep my ends healthier by using my baggy method and I will never let go of silk elements. I’m really getting the PJ twitch the other silk elements conditioners ingredients sounds so good, I’m heading back to Sally’s this week.

PS. KIZZY I PICKED UP THE MILD FOR YOU, I WILL POST IT ON WEDNESDAY.

Did you use the Luxury Moisturizing Condition (Tube/Bottle) or the Moisturizing Treatmen (16 oz. Tub)?

DDTexlaxed

den1 said:
Maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea for you to return to natural for a while.

I won't be transitioning to natural. It will be transitioning to a texturizer. :D I think you're right though. Perhaps relaxed hair is just not for me. A texturizer will slightly lessen my shrinkage. I was only gonna remain relaxed for my hubby. It's more fun for me to long transition.:lol:

Healthb4Length

DEN! I'm glad you found a relaxer that works great! I love Silk Elements too, you're right it is the bestestest!!! I used the regular formula and it made my stuff bone straight, I think I have a mix of fine and medium strands, but lots of volume...that can be deceiving. I plan on getting the mild formula but I haven't been able to locate it at my SALLY's for 3 straight weeks. I asked the girl to order the 5lb tub for me so I can't wait 'till I try it. Welcome to the club Den! The shampoo is ok and the moisturizing treatment is good too but be careful as it can weigh your hair down. Other than that the products are fairly good and the relaxers are wonderful. I'm 2 1/2 post and my hair is still pretty soft and moist.

Nanyanika

DDtexlaxd said:
I won't be transitioning to natural. It will be transitioning to a texturizer. :D I think you're right though. Perhaps relaxed hair is just not for me. A texturizer will slightly lessen my shrinkage. I was only gonna remain relaxed for my hubby. It's more fun for me to long transition.:lol:
I wish you luck with your decision... i know how hard is is when you struggle with hair problems..i've been struggling for the last 3 years, if i knew the texturizer would never work for me in the long run, i would have got a stylist to relax my hair straight.