YA'LL AND YOUR KERATIN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irresistible

External keratin wouldn't cause Keratosis pilaris. Your basal cells in the epidermis of your skin produce your keratin which forms a water resistent barrier on your skin, scalp and nails. Internal and subcutanous dermatitis can cause your basal cells to product more keratin in response to the irratitation, as an attempt for your body to help protect the skin. This is where the keratin buildup comes from, not products.

Your liver actually stores enough vitamin A to last nearly a year as long as you don't have major illness. If you have a healthy body fat percentage or a little extra chub:look:, you also have a larger store of it too. Your liver absorbs vitamin a in the form of retinol palmate since that is the fat soluable form of vitamin A. Beta carotene, found in veggies is the water soluable form that your body can process, convert, and store as well if need be. Otherwise, you pee the extra out every couple of hours.
has this been proven? did someone put keratin on thier head every day and get studied? I mean this probably has not happened! So who can say what mass amounts of keratin would do for sure? again not studied right? but what about it clogging the pours? wouldnt that lead to the keratosis skin conditions , when its all stuck in there and can only build up?

ImFree27

Also, all keratin isn't the same either. The keratin produced in your skin, your scalp and your nails is different.

yup all keartin is not the same, I read it in Aubrey's book, most products that contain Keartin is not even strong enough to do nothing, its hard to get the right formula and most producers are too cheap to add cystine to it...

Irresistible

yup all keartin is not the same, I read it in Aubrey's book, most products that contain Keartin is not even strong enough to do nothing, its hard to get the right formula and most producers are too cheap to add cystine to it...

if Keratin can make the hair hard dry and brittle what is doing to scalps?

me-T

so what if somebody was doin that brazilian keratin treatment (keratin AND formaldehyde) and using megatek?

nodisrespect

For those who may not be sure what a genetic condition is:

A genetic disorder is a condition caused by abnormalities in genes or chromosomes. While some diseases, such as cancer, are due to genetic abnormalities acquired in a few cells during life, the term "genetic disease" most commonly refers to diseases present in all cells of the body and present since conception. Some genetic disorders are caused by chromosomal abnormalities due to errors in meiosis, the process which produces reproductive cells such as sperm and eggs. Examples include Down syndrome (extra chromosome 21), Turner Syndrome (45X0) and Klinefelter's syndrome (a male with 2 X chromosomes). Other genetic changes may occur during the production of germ cells by the parent. One example is the triplet expansion repeat mutations which can cause fragile X syndrome or Huntington's disease.

If you bothered to read all that and use a few deductive skills, the gist of all that is: ALL THIS OCCURS BEFORE THE BEING IS EVEN BORN. This is a result of NATURE, not NURTURE.

How are you steady trying to say putting a product with keratin on your head will cause this condition when the bumps don't even show up on the head? You get them on the arms, legs, and thighs (and butt if you are really unlucky).

Please stop trying to scare people into not using a product just because you don't believe in growth aids.

Irresistible

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

thank you gymfreak, i mean, honestly. Quite frankly, keratosis pilaris is a hereditary condition in the first place...

....:lachen:

it really aint that far fetched that the only reference to it would be hereditary since people dont generally go around putting loads of keratin on their heads:look:

gymfreak336

has this been proven? did someone put keratin on thier head every day and get studied? I mean this probably has not happened! So who can say what mass amounts of keratin would do for sure? again not studied right? but what about it clogging the pours? wouldnt that lead to the keratosis skin conditions , when its all stuck in there and can only build up?
Your stranum cornuem layer is converted in a process called keratinous, to keratin protein every month.
The surface of your skin is keratin so how would applying what is already there naturally externally clog your pores. That is why the keratin buildup that occures in Keratosis comes from your basal skin cells making the keratin and then excreting it through the cell.

Irresistible

If you bothered to read all that and use a few deductive skills, the gist of all that is: ALL THIS OCCURS BEFORE THE BEING IS EVEN BORN.

How are you steady trying to say putting a product with keratin on your head will cause this condition when the bumps don't even show up on the head? You get them on the arms, legs, and thighs (and butt if you are really unlucky).

Please stop trying to scare people into not using a product just because you don't believe in growth aids.
Thats because the overproduction is throughout their bodies you guys are creating that environment and the same conditions on your heads. too much keratin

Irresistible

If you bothered to read all that and use a few deductive skills, the gist of all that is: ALL THIS OCCURS BEFORE THE BEING IS EVEN BORN. This is a result of NATURE, not NURTURE.

I dont believe in growth aids that could do harm! :nono:

and that was my only point all along!

DMJ's Mom

Ya'll got my head spinning! I'm trying to keep up with this thread and do my own research on the internet but :spinning:

Irresistible

Also, all keratin isn't the same either. The keratin produced in your skin, your scalp and your nails is different.

So is it safe to create an environment of too much keratin consistently on ones scalp and follicles?

because yeah how much worse that its another from of Keratin that what our bodies make?

ladylibra

More or less its a disinfectant. You know in movies where they kidnap somebody and put the white cloth soaked in some liquid over the person's mouth? that's formaldehyde. its in building materials and many household products.

i thought that was ether? :look:

(sorry for hijacking the thread)

Irresistible

OMFG.

Let me leave this thread before I have to break out the crayons and be rude.

see the fact that you even feel that you would need to be rude is crazy

I am just simply posting what I believe could be risks! nothing more!

if you dont feel that, then so be it! keep using the Keratin, but these are things I myself would consider , before using Keratin as much as with MT/OCT I have the right to post it for others to consider without ANYONE BEING RUDE TO ME!

gymfreak336

So is it safe to create an environment of too much keratin consistently on ones scalp and follicles?

But see, thats the thing, What is too much?

These products are not 100% pure keratin. First of all, much of the product ends up on the hair closest to the scalp after you massage it in and you wash your hair weekly which removes any dirt and buildup from any products. Like I said before, the outer covering of your skin is made of keratin. Keratin is a tough fibrous protein, that is why it covers your skin. It provides protection, mainly from baterical infections or any other pathogen.

Nice & Wavy

There are ingredients in eyeliners that aren't good for you, but you wear it everyday.

Look at what they put in the color of the eyeliner:

Colorants used in eyeliners (and other cosmetics used around the eye) must be approved by the FDA (in the United States). Colorants that can be used in products for other parts of the body aren’t necessarily safe enough to be used around your eyes.

Typical colorants include iron oxides and ultramarine pigments. Carmine is another colorant you see from time to time. It’s a red color made from crushed insect bodies. Mmmmm!

I'd rather put keratin on my scalp....:lachen:

WomanlyCharm

O.k., I just have to ask...why are you so upset about this? :look:

Did that previous thread about Megatek and Ovation really bother you that much?

Because quite honestly, I don't see what the problem is. This is pure drama plain and simple.

You say you're worried people might just slop something on their heads without doing any research...what research have YOU done into the products you're so stridently posting against?

99.9% of the ladies on this board are smart enough to take a look at the products they're using and after some thought and possibly even trying them out for themselves (novel concept, right?) they can make their own decision.

There are also numerous stickies and threads regarding protein overload, and any other hair problem we've all had to battle at one time or another. And the women using the products you seem to dislike so much are here as well to offer advice and counsel. Not scare people with overblown rheteric and prophecies of DOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMM! :lachen:

Irresistible

i thought that was ether? :look:

(sorry for hijacking the thread)

Its all good girl! I really dont care

I'm just tired of the people that act like you aint supposed to speak up if you want to about something or want to control a thread! ugh!

so by all means! I'm mad about that stuff being in there too! I'm about to use more and more natural products and less commercial bs. I have steadily been doing that

hey If I'm wrong about the things in this thread, so be it. I still think it dont make no sense to take such risks with Keratin! That can make your hair hard! people are saying they are putting on their scalps! But there is hair there too :look:

gymfreak336

There are ingredients in eyeliners that aren't good for you, but you wear it everyday.

Me too N&W, especially considering how easily viterous humor can be a site of pathogen trasmission....:rolleyes:

nodisrespect

see the fact that you even feel that you would need to be rude is crazy

I mean I don't want to be rude and have a remedial science class and break down in the easiest GED terms how it's just not possible to CREATE a genetic condition like you are trying to say. Furthermore, there is no reason to bother because clearly your mind is made up and no amount of stone cold facts will make you see that, so it doesn't even matter.

DMJ's Mom

LMAO that's why I quit wearing makeup! I heard about the crushed insect thing and could of swore I felt things crawling all up on my eyelids and in my eyebrows!:rofl::rofl:

Irresistible

Because someone said things negatively to me there, when I was just speaking my mind! thats why!

damn it dont even take research to know Keratin makes your hair hard! doh!

most people ALREADY know that, and what was it I posted on this thread, RESEARCH, right or wrong, yup, thats what it was :yep:

but by all means dont let me stop you, go put that keratin on your head!

I aint tryin to save yo head!

but this is a fact , PROTEIN OVERLOAD CAN AND MOST OFTEN WILL LEAD TO HAIRLOSS! PONT BLANK! RESEARCH THAT!

But you know its just supposed to make sense what yall are doing :yep:
O.k., I just have to ask...why are you so upset about this? :look:

Did that previous thread about Megatek and Ovation really bother you that much?

Because quite honestly, I don't see what the problem is. This is pure drama plain and simple.

You say you're worried people might just slop something on their heads without doing any research...what research have YOU done into the products you're so stridently posting against?

99.9% of the ladies on this board are smart enough to take a look at the products they're using and after some thought and possibly even trying them out for themselves (novel concept, right?) they can make their own decision.

There are also numerous stickies and threads regarding protein overload, and any other hair problem we've all had to battle at one time or another. And the women using the products you seem to dislike so much are here as well to offer advice and counsel. Not scare people with overblown rheteric and prophecies of DOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMM! :lachen:

Status
Not open for further replies.