wigs for summer time protection?

How do you protect your hair from the scorching sun?

• Total voters

DivaD04

do you ladies think wearing wigs is a great way to protect my hair from the scorching summer sun. If I wear braids I dont think there will be to much protection.

Charlotte

I will be wearing a wig throughout the summer..... I just hope I don't look like a hot sweaty mess! I had no idea how much the heat the wig cap and the wig retained.......

No wig cap for me as the weather gets hotter!!

ladylibra

if you can forgo the wig cap, i'd suggest it. cuz Lordy does that thing lock in heat! :lachen:

i like wearing wigs in summer though, especially if i want a straight-hair look. then i don't have to worry about my hair frizzing or reverting. :yep:

DivaD04

well, i dont want to burn up to death so i'm think'n crochets...i can stand those in the summer

vegasQT

I wear wigs year round and I love them. I live in Vegas and we have 117 degree weather and my wig never bothers me. I wear very short human hair wigs like this...
It is a really light wig and I don't wear nylon wig caps. The caps are like a net.​

DivaD04

I wear wigs year round and I love them. I live in Vegas and we have 117 degree weather and my wig never bothers me. I wear very short human hair wigs like this...

It is a really light wig and I don't wear nylon wig caps. The caps are like a net.​

thats cute! its all wispy, and ready to go!:grin:

BrooklynSouth

Collecting my shorter wigs for summer right now...I work and live in the AC..very little time out in the heat..besides when I'm free most weekends out in the heat I wear one single or two single braids once in a while a braidout but this warm weather season it'll be wigs..the hair improvement is well worth it for me.