Wigs

TRINITY05

I plan on wearing wigs for most of the summer. I decided to do this to give my hair a break from blow dryers and flat irons. Could anyone give me their thoughts on my decision. Are you for or against wearing wigs?

Finewine

I think they can be an asset. I'm about to place an order for a full lace today i think (Whoo, it's hard to part with 200+ dollars though:ohwell: ). I'm tired of people commenting on my "nappy head" and I don't want to relax frequently. I just want to give my hair a break and i think that a wig is my best bed. That way, i won't feel obligated to flat iron or use direct heat when i go out.

SignatureBeauty

I think it is great, I just started a wig challenge but you see at the bottom it says "As Needed" I am natural and have been for 2 years but I Big Chopped before I got any really good growth LOL!! But I never wore wigs, but I have gotten bored with the Twa so I bought one yesterday,But I cannot wear that sucker all day, I was uncomfortable because I am use to my hair being Free LOL!!! But I wanted a protective style, But I think I might do better in the Winter with a Wig, but for now I will just wear it as needed.

Good Luck to you!!

amwcah

Go for it! I have worn wigs for the past three months. It worked great for me. I have accumulated six thus far. My regimen was to wash every three days, deep condition, moisturize, seal, and braid my hair going into 5-6 cornrows. I baggy my whole head, apply a wig cap, and wig.

Since my braider is back in town, I will be alternating between the braids, wigs, and phony ponies.

balisi

I'm all for it. Wigs are great when: you are transitioning; growing out a short haircut; giving your hair a rest; you want to try out a different hairstyle, haircolor or length. Wigs can help to do away with bad hair days. Just make sure to properly care for your hair and hairline at all times. At one time I had an entire wig wardrobe. In fact, I became somewhat addicted to wigs because I really like variety. In a way, wigs made me lazy for doing my own hair, but I always shampooed and braided it once a week. I never donned a wig without putting on a wig cap first.