WHY WHY WHY!!! Your So Called Friends!!!!!

Tamrin

unapologetic
pray for her she will be fine. on the sly show her some of your technics. Some folks are naturally negative but one day at s time you win them over. in the mean while keep on what you been doing and keep it moving..:creatures

Gryphyn

I think a true friend would be happy for you, but if you guys have been friends for a long time I understand why you don't want to let her go. If you're going to keep her around, you should tell her straight up to focus on growing her own hair. Turn the negative energy back around on her.

Avin'sMom2010

Thanks guys for all your comments and suggestions, the next time I hear a negative comment from her about my hair I'm just gonna tell her in a nice way of course that I don't appreciate her negativity and you do YOU regarding your hair and I WILL DO ME because evidently what I am doing is WORKING!! Hopefully this will end the hair convos.

nelli711

StephyPoo said:
Thanks guys for all your comments and suggestions, the next time I hear a negative comment from her about my hair I'm just gonna tell her in a nice way of course that I don't appreciate her negativity and you do YOU regarding your hair and I WILL DO ME because evidently what I am doing is WORKING!! Hopefully this will end the hair convos.

There you go!

Tee

StephyPoo said:
You know I think about this alot, but I guess I put up with it because I am an only child and I had always thought of her as like the sister I never had, and I just figure everbody cant be like me, I would NEVER dream of saying those things to someone, so I'll leave it in the hands of God and I will continue to be the best person I can be to her and everyone one else around me, even though she HURT me she didn't KILL me!!

That's the way to think about it!!

chayil0427

Girl this is so on point with me today. Last night there was an accident at my apartment and they had to turn the water off. Well I'm in a plastic cap with my conditioner on when the fire dept. pulls the plug.

So I call my "so called friend" and asked her if I could come over and rinse my hair. She seemed appauled and disgusted at the idea of me using her shower. :eek: Even though early she'd given her dog a bath in there.

I couldn't believe it. She's a super hair hater as well. When I mention doing something to my hair she's all "is your hair long enough for blah blah blah" ... one time I showed her macherieamours hair and she was all "ooh I hate her...that's probably a weave".

So after all this...plus a ton of other things like her making me sit on plastic when I'm in her car :eek: I've decided to cut her off. My onle regret is that I didn't do it years ago.

Chayil

Ummalhadiqah

I have a similar freind. We are doing a contest to loose weight and so I mentioned that I also have some hair length goals. I told her that I would like my hair to be to the legth of where underarm is before the end of the year. She heartily guffawed and said " you should set more realistic goals".
:nono:

Last edited:

DSP

These stories are making me so mad!:mad: I want to slap all these so-called "friends" for treating such lovely women this way. These are some evil, envious harpies who don't know the meaning of the word friend. Friends are supposed to be our "chosen family" -- people who lift us up when the world wants to tear us down. These heifers are worse than any enemy since they know how to get you where it really hurts.

Every so often, it's good to prune the friendship tree of any sick or twisted branches. It helps the tree remain strong and healthy. Just sayin'...

Hair Iam

StellaB said:
I just have to pray for people like that.

"Father God" I pray that all of my sisters on earth can find themselves from within. I pray God that all my sisters on earth can shed this stereotype that has been so mind-driven in our culture. Give us strength to face the things that we cannot not change and the wisdom to know the difference. Amen
I am just glad that I have met a group of real sisters who know the meaning of friendship and respect.

AMEN AND AMEN