Why, Oh Why did I ever go back to relaxers????!!!

Soul♥Flower

I started my transition back in 1999. I was natural for about 3 years, I didn't like it because being natural was just becoming popular where I lived, I was the only one anywhere with natural hair, I didn't know of any cute styles to wear, and I hated always having to wear 2 strand twists, puffs, or cornrows. I didn't know how to take care of natural hair so I didn't know that the dryness and frizziness was damage, I thought it was just the way my hair was.

Now 7 years later, I have realxed hair, I've chopped it off about a good 3-4 times, and I am so jealous of nappturals with hair galore. My mother, friend, and sister decided to go natural 2 years later, and though they would never admit it, I know it was because I had the courage to do it first.

Anyway, now there hair is soooo long and healthy, my friend actually decided to go natural 3 years after I did and her hair is almost down to her behind.

Now, I'm stuck with this ole snatch back.

I always wonder how my hair would be now if I had never relaxed.

Why Oh Why!!!!!!
It just isn't fair.:cry2:

Last edited:
girl it's hair it will grow back.
IT will be long and hard but keep on track and you will be back to where you where and longer

:eek:
rinygirl6 said:
I started my transition back in 1999. I was natural for about 3 years, I didn't like it because being natural was just becoming popular where I lived, I was the only one anywhere with natural hair, I didn't know of any cute styles to wear, and I hated always having to wear 2 strand twists, puffs, or cornrows. I didn't know how to take care of natural hair so I didn't know that the dryness and frizziness was damage, I thought it was just the way my hair was.

Now 7 years later, I have realxed hair, I've chopped it off about a good 3-4 times, and I am so jealous of nappturals with hair galore. My mother, friend, and sister decided to go natural 2 years later, and though they would never admit it, I know it was because I had the courage to do it first.

Anyway, now there hair is soooo long and healthy, my friend actually decided to go natural 3 years after I did and her hair is almost down to her behind.

Now, I'm stuck with this ole snatch back.

I always wonder how my hair would be now if I had never relaxed.

Why Oh Why!!!!!!
It just isn't fair.:cry2:

I know exaclty what you mean. I was natural for about two and a half years. I has armpit lenth when stretched . Then i decided to relax in 04 i went form armpit to shoulderI(stylist said i had bad split ends:eek: ) :eek: My third relaxer after that i had the worst experience eva . Relaxer was left in the middle of my head and it kept falling and breaking(dint know a darn thing about protien treatments neutralizing again) i was left with only an inch in certain areas(a hot mess). Slapped some braids in started reaching abount taking care of Relaxed hair. I then found the hair boards. Now i have to play catch up with everyone one.:ohwell: Oh Man i always think of how long my hair would havebeen if i had kept it natural maybe midback:) I'm learing new things about my hair every day. I plan on going natural again after i reach my goal of armpit or brastrap length first. Everything will work out dont worry:) HHG:D

I keep thinking maybe I should've gone natural when a stylist ruined my hair a few years back (had to chop it up to my ears, I should have cut more to get all the damage but I couldn't bear to go any shorter).
I don't know why it didn't occur to me. A friend of mine asked me later, "Why didn't you go natural?" (I've talked about it in the past) and I was like, :ohwell: . I still think about it, esp. when I get 10+ weeks post touchup and have lots of newgrowth to play in. The main thing stopping me now is that my hair is actually long-ish again. I HATE short hair on me.

If your hair isn't too long for you to easily part with, I say go for it.

Its only hair. You can do whatever because it will grow back. We all have hair moments. Chop it or baby it back to health. :)

Hello.... sounds like you're a determined person so whatever you decide to do you'll be successful, esp. as you see how you've inspired others.... It's all good.... BTW, I had to respond to commend you for the use of the term "snatch back"! I had flashbacks! :)

Peace....

Don't worry rinygirl! You can either chop your hair off or grow it out transitioning if you want to have natural hair again. Now you know that dryness and frizziness does not mean damage and that natural hair isn't just limited to twist, puffs, and cornrows. Even as a natural myself, I get bored with wearing hairstyles so I always try something different. I think I've found the style I really like...the stretched out afro puff. And I'm still learning about my natural hair as far as what my hair likes and dislikes. My hair is also ever changing as it grows out. It's an interesting journey. Take care and happy hair growing!

*Poohbear*

AWWWW, it's okay. I was thinking about relaxing recently, but decided against it. I think you should just start transitioning again. I know people say, "It's just hair", but it doesn't feel that way when it's on YOUR head!

Are you thinking about transitioning again? It's never too late. Instead of being "jealous of nappturals with hair galore" use them as inspiration. You can do it! A year or two from now you could have a head full of beautiful natural hair.

Back