WHY GROW YOUR HAIR LONG?? 4 THE LADIES!!

My hair was long when I was younger but I just had to have my hair cut before I entered the 7th grade (that was my adolscent crisis as I like to call it). I've always wanted to grow my hair back since then. Right before I entered college I decided to grow out my hair via braids while I'm school. I didnt want to deal with relaxing, trimming, and i knew i would become a slave to the curling iron. So to prevent that, my hair is braided. I am about to enter my sophomore year of college and the braids have helped me retain so much growth. I should be bra-strap by February or March of next year.

Isis

Re: True.

Why not? I'm enjoying this challenge of growing my hair, just to see how long it will grow. It's pretty fun!

nomadpixi

-Because I've always had stylist screw up my hair and since I'VE been perming it, it's never been this long or healthy.
-I'm curious what I'd look like with long hair, since I had a TWA back around 1997 and looked too boyish (I'm very thinly built)
-I HATE WEAVES! There is something about weaves that feels like you've gone too far for some reason. I don't know. Maybe it's just me
-It's never really out of style and has many styling options
-I feel pretty, Oh so Pretty...

Valerie

I have more hair now, than I had as a child and I love it see every time I loose out my hair, it is getting longer.

sabie19

I want long hair because I think it would look good on me. I also want to show that everyone can grow long hair with the proper care. My hair may be a little tight curl but it can grow like others. I just need moisture. Another thing is that Long Hair that is healthy looks good.

Wolftrap

I was going to post this question. There is an article I was reading in one of the black hair care magazines on this topic. It said that over 80% of black celebritites have hair weaves. It was talking about how black men view long hair as a huge thing and many prefer women with long hair. It also talked a little about self esteem issues and black women and why we want long hair. It also talked about the Images we project on tv and especially in the music videos all the women have long flowing hair. It was very interesting. I'll see if I can find it and post it on here.

My reason are becaue I have always since I was younger wanted long hair and I got teased so much about my hair as a child. And also I have to agree, "The Boys Like It"

angellazette

Well...I've worn my hair short (shaved in the back,stacked curls heyyyy!) and longer, almost bra strap. I prefer it longer.

jemini

I don't like the way I look with short hair for some reason, I just don't have the face for it.