WHY GROW YOUR HAIR LONG?? 4 THE LADIES!!

keiron

i know this is a long hair forum etc but i would love to know why do u want your hair long? i mean most would say its not just that as long as its healthy but why have Long hair is it cause we know most carribean/african heritage hair is super rare to grow long!
holla.

KinksnCurlz

Hey Keiron. I can only answer for myself and my reason is because most people believe that sistas cannot have long/healthy hair. They assume that when it's long, it's a weave and that gets on my nerves oh so much. And because my hair has never went beyond a certain length and I want to see if everyone was correct when they said it will.

ngaa

Re: True.

well i have to agree with caramela coz i too jus want to wipe that smirk off them ppl that say that afro hair dont grow long and also because my hair aint never been shoulder length and i'm tired of short hair so i thot long hair wud definatly be a change from what i was used to

p.s.i love that left eye poem

H

HairObsessed

I just think I'm more beautiful with long flowing shiny healthy hair. It makes me feel better about myself.

SherryLove

I am ready to join my mom's and grandma's (who have slightly below waist length hair) long hair club....

G

I believe that it's the epitomy of femininity. I also want to see how long it will grow.

Chipmunk

I've never had really long hair before, just below shoulders. I just want to see how long it will grow if I take care of it, I've never done that consistently before.

Plus when my mother told me that all my great grandmothers (on both sides) had hair at least to their waist, I thought I could at least get it longer than shoulders.

lala

I wouldn't say it's super rare for us to grow long hair. I think it may be that most have not had access to the appropriate products or information on how to care for our hair.

My maternal grandmother had knee length hair and so did my mother's eldest sister. My Mom and her sisters have all had waist length hair and so have many of my 1st cousins. So its not impossible for us to have long hair (if we desire it).

Janice

Well I have a big egg/rock head, lol. Maybe I am exagerating a little bit, but I feel that long hair will definetly suit my head shape better.

Besides I think it is a feminine to have long hair. It doesn't constitute for being lady like but it does help.

Just my opinion

sweetcocoa

Cause I CAN and because I want to prove that the time I spent on the care of my hair on techniques and products and the things I say WE as Black women SHOULD be doing to our hair is TRUE!

tasha

[ QUOTE ]
I've never had really long hair before, just below shoulders. I just want to see how long it will grow if I take care of it, I've never done that consistently before.

[/ QUOTE ] ditto

adrienne0914

i don't think i need a reason to have something that most other races take for granted... but if i did, i'd have to agree with caramela... "BOYS LOVE IT!!"

joyous

I want to grow long hair because as Caramel said most people think that sistas, especially my hair type 3C/4B cannot grow long, healthy hair. Secondly, although my hair has been past my shoulders most of my life, I want to see just how long it can grow with proper care.

ineedmoney

sup keiron,
i got 2 reasons for growing out my hair. 1rst i just want healthy hair again. i remember my soft curly hair and how nice it was. i feel so dumb because i loved my hiar then but know i did this to myself ( chlorine damage, lack of knowledge and a pointless perm), so i want to fix it myself.
also i always got teased about my hair growing up. i was always being called nappyhead by ppl. even now in high school. everybody telling me i need a perm. but you know what i want to show them that not only will i get what it is that they covet, long hair, but i'm gonna do it my way and show that nappy hair is just as good as anything else because it's mine and it's strong and i love it.

Dandy112

I want healthy and long hair because I think I look better with it and I want to see how long it will grow, I am always cutting my hair to maintain a short chin length bob...but now I am going to let it grow grow grow

keiron

awwwwwwwwww all the replies thats nice i understand now i just had to ask u ladies..... i want to cut my hair if it gets to long cause its past shoulders in only 1 year from growing it.

phynestone

Ineedmoney-

I hear you about being teased. I get still get it every now and then, but I'm in college. This is something you'll have to learn how to deal with. Sad but true.

I'm growing it out for pretty much the same reasons as everyone else. I've never had long hair b/c my mother always handled improperly and I'm already proving to people that 4A/B hair can and does grow to great lengths. So many of us are just misinformed about our hair. I can't wait until it reaches past my bra strap. All the haters won't have CRAP to say!

Valerie

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] ditto

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the first time, it has been this long and even my sides have grown.

Stormy

keiron my reasons are a little different from most of the ladies here.

I got tired of wearing a short cut for years because although it was cute and I got tons of compliments it was just too time consuming and costly to maintain. I have to get up too early in the mornings for all that. Once I start getting new growth I can't hide it like I can with longer hair. If I'm having a bad hair day, or in a hurry I can easily just pull it back in a bun and go! two other things...the only time my hair ever grew past my ears was when I had a curl back in the 80s!
I'm trying to prove to myself that my hair can grow long and be healthy even without the curl. Last...I want to prove to all of the so called hair stylists who used to say I wasn't coming to them enough (and they messed my hair up even when I did) that I can grow my hair myself! I can't wait until I reach my goal so I can go back to the shops, act like I'm interested in a hair care product, and just flaunt it in their faces! I've already had one former stylist who saw me in Sam's Club compliment my hair. I politely thanked her though. She's nice she just didn't know how to handle my hair type I guess.

chic

I have long hair(pass my waist). I've always had long hair my whole life and long hair isn't rare in my family so long hair isn't a big deal to me. I'm just into taking care of my hair.

Stormy

I forgot to add...long hair is more versatile (for me as long as it's not too long). I can wear my hair in more styles now that look better with longer hair.

LondonDiva

[ QUOTE ]
i don't think i need a reason to have something that most other races take for granted

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 100%

People ask me some supid questions like what are you going to do with it once it gets long
Why don't they go and as the same question to a white or asian chick.

Integrity

lol. i just love long hair. i also like a challenge cos it takes effort and dedication to grow type 4 hair long

Nessa

So the look can suit me.
So that I can show everyone my hair is now long
So that I can show off and tell them my hair has grown
Boys like it gotta agree with caramella
It looks good on me
And I won't be so obseesive over my hair that much.

Lindy

I want long hair because I love doing my hair in different styles and with long hair you have SOOO many styling options!!