WHY ARE CHRISTIANS SO HYPOCRITICAL

Evolving78

Sis, this is what my good friend (evangelist) said to me that I said I wasn't going to share here....I needed to share her words of wisdom!!!

A king arranges for the marriage of his son. He sends out the invitations and everything is made ready but the guests refuse to come. Some of them even attack and kill messengers of the king. He sends out his armies to destroy them and burn their city. Then the king sends his servants out into the highways to invite everyone they find to the wedding. Matthew 22:10 (NKJV)

When the king comes in to see the guests, he sees something unusual. Everyone is wearing a wedding garment except for one man. Some commentators say everyone would have been provided with a wedding garment. Others say it was up to the guest to wear an appropriate garment. In any case, every single one of these people (the house was full) had been brought in "off the streets" so to speak yet all of them were wearing appropriate garments except for one man. This was an insult. The king had invited him into his home. He was given a seat at the king's own table and yet he put forth absolutely no effort into trying to show respect for the king or his son. It was sort of like taking the king's grace (he didn't earn nor deserve an invitation) and throwing an insult back at the king.

When I first heard this story, I came up with all sorts of excuses for the man. It wasn't his fault, he didn't have proper clothing, he didn't have time to change, etc. Now I know better because you see, I've learned that God is a righteous judge.

This tells me the man had no legitimate excuse, he simply did not do what he knew he was supposed to do.

This makes us daughters of The King. I like to call us princesses.

A good parent sets clear expectations. They don't allow their children to behave any old way. In fact, the quickest way for you to make a child feel unloved is to not set any expectations for them. You make them feel like they're just not worth putting any effort into. Really.

I may be a princess but that doesn't give me the freedom to run around and act any way I please. I can't go around the countryside being rude and abusive to everyone I meet. I can't go and hang out in places doing things a Princess of God has no business doing.

A question I must always keep before me is: Would someone be shocked and surprised to learn I'm a Princess of God? If they would, then I need to step in front of the mirror and examine myself carefully. Why are they shocked? Are my actions befitting a princess? Are my words befitting a princess? Am I running around in the garments made by the King's own dear hands and given to me personally or am I covering them up and hiding them with some old, dirty, smelly rags I found. Am I feasting at the table of the King or am I dumpster-diving?

God doesn't want me to just be a princess, He wants me to act like one!

This post and ClassicChic's thread about Bath and Body works are so hitting this on the nail!

Inches411

Hi there. :hiya:I've been following this thread and was only going to lurk. I didn't really want to say anything, but I will share something about my thoughts on Christians being hypocritical. In your earlier post you said you don't even call yourself a Christian anymore. I think I can understand why you do that from the explanation you gave. But here is where I looked at myself. I wondered at one time if I was being enough of a Christian to tell people I was. I didn't want to take the Lord's name in vain, so to speak, and call myself a Christian but not be Christ-like. But I have matured to the point where I will call myself a Christian at all times because Jesus is my Savior, not because of any perfection I have reached. I hear people coming down hard on Christians all the time. I've been guilty too. Perhaps it is because we hold people who identify with the name of Christ to such a high standard?

I quoted you because you came off here to me as being angry. Maybe I misunderstood, but it went beyond just a discussion or even disagreement right here. Discussion is good, disagreeing is inevitable, but attacks are not necessary or productive. Let's try this again, okay?

she came off angry because of the way this person responded to her.. did you read that part? not saying it was the right way to respond but its understandable. no ones pointing out others faults but the op.... the way other ppl reacted to her post wasnt the best way either.. how bout we talk about that.... its seems we trying to come off trying to tell the op how to act when we need to learn how to act ourselves..

Nice & Wavy

she came off angry because of the way this person responded to her.. did you read that part? not saying it was the right way to respond but its understandable. no ones pointing out others faults but the op.... the way other ppl reacted to her post wasnt the best way either.. how bout we talk about that.... its seems we trying to come off trying to tell the op how to act when we need to learn how to act ourselves..

Sorry, sis...the OP came into CF today, angry. Her thread began this way and this is how people are going to react....it's hard to respond to a post like that.

With that said...I think we ALL need to take some deep breaths and remember who we represent...Jesus the Christ! He is the One who is able to make all grace abound for us!

We cannot allow the enemy to have the victory any longer in this forum, in the Name of Jesus!

Jesus is Lord over all...or not Lord at all!

Inches411

Sorry, sis...the OP came into CF today, angry. Her thread began this way and this is how people are going to react....it's hard to respond to a post like that.

With that said...I think we ALL need to take some deep breaths and remember who we represent...Jesus the Christ! He is the One who is able to make all grace abound for us!

We cannot allow the enemy to have the victory any longer in this forum, in the Name of Jesus!

Jesus is Lord over all...or not Lord at all!

i agree the title itself is angry lol.. i mean i know that but i discerned that she must have been hurt by something to make a statement like this so i wasnt quick to just run and tell her off just because of it. I just made a simple statement. If i feel that someone comes off angry because of hurt im not going to just be angry back.. makes no sense at all. you try to get the root of the problem. yes she could have presented her feelings way better but . I hope no one feels that all this comments are arguments. God knows thats not my intention. But i noticed a couple things. like smart comments like what in the world..you must be new.. snide remarks that were not necessary in my opinion... and im sorry this is the cf correct? so just cause someone came in angry dont me we gotta react the same way... thats makes us just as bad. I had enough common sense to not take offense to wat she was saying cause i know that im not intentionally a hypocrite and i also had enough sense to know that she was not referring to all christians.

Last edited:

trenise

Sure we can talk about that. Yes, I read what Kayte wrote, but I am responding to the OP because she initiated the thread. In all humility, I'm sure I do need to learn how to act. I pray and ask God to help me be the woman He means for me to be. I'm much further along now than I used to be praise God. Will you pray for me that I continue to mature in the Lord? And not just me, but anyone who is falling short or that comes off as a hypocrite. I don't want to be the cause of someone else stumbling. Let's pray for one another.

Inches411

Sure we can talk about that. Yes, I read what Kayte wrote, but I am responding to the OP because she initiated the thread. In all humility, I'm sure I do need to learn how to act. I pray and ask God to help me be the woman He means for me to be. I'm much further along now than I used to be praise God. Will you pray for me that I continue to mature in the Lord? And not just me, but anyone who is falling short or that comes off as a hypocrite. I don't want to be the cause of someone else stumbling. Let's pray for one another.

Will do sister. Please pray for me as well.. Thanks

Nice & Wavy

i agree the title itself is angry lol.. i mean i know that but i discerned that she must have been hurt by something to make a statement like this so i wasnt quick to just run and tell her off just because of it. I just made a simple statement. If i feel that someone comes off angry because of hurt im not going to just be angry back.. makes no sense at all. you try to get the root of the problem. yes she could have presented her feelings way better but . I hope no one feels that all this comments are arguments. God knows thats not my intention. But i noticed a couple things. like smart comments like what in the world..you must be new.. snide remarks that were not necessary in my opinion... and im sorry this is the cf correct? so just cause someone came in angry dont me we gotta react the same way... thats makes us just as bad. I had enough common sense to not take offense to wat she was saying cause i know that im not intentionally a hypocrite and i also had enough sense to know that she was not referring to all christians.
I hear you, sis...I hear you loud and clear!:yep:

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
your are right.. she is doing the same thing she post that she hates other christians do... so she in herself is being hypocrital but at the same time kayte comments were not so nice.. and i like the way kayte post most of the time but this one i really disagree with. calling her a coward and saying she intentionally wanted to start a fight and want attention.. all these false accusations wasnt necessary. so in the end we all are hypocrites.. each and every one of us and tahts why we all need jesus to help us with our issues.
I understand and thank you for sharing this.

I just want to give a big hug and welcome to 'TDennis' and to apologize for my comments.

Something may be amiss, but I don't want to discourage her or anyone else from experiencing the love of God and the path to resolve whatever it is.

So to our OP, and Sister in Christ..."TDennis"

:bighug:

Come on back and let's 'fix it', whatever it is. God didn't call us Ministers of Reconciliation in Vain. :nono:

Heartfelt blessings... :giveheart:

Shimmie

Staff member
Sis, this is what my good friend (evangelist) said to me that I said I wasn't going to share here....I needed to share her words of wisdom!!!

A king arranges for the marriage of his son. He sends out the invitations and everything is made ready but the guests refuse to come. Some of them even attack and kill messengers of the king. He sends out his armies to destroy them and burn their city. Then the king sends his servants out into the highways to invite everyone they find to the wedding. Matthew 22:10 (NKJV)

When the king comes in to see the guests, he sees something unusual. Everyone is wearing a wedding garment except for one man. Some commentators say everyone would have been provided with a wedding garment. Others say it was up to the guest to wear an appropriate garment. In any case, every single one of these people (the house was full) had been brought in "off the streets" so to speak yet all of them were wearing appropriate garments except for one man. This was an insult. The king had invited him into his home. He was given a seat at the king's own table and yet he put forth absolutely no effort into trying to show respect for the king or his son. It was sort of like taking the king's grace (he didn't earn nor deserve an invitation) and throwing an insult back at the king.

When I first heard this story, I came up with all sorts of excuses for the man. It wasn't his fault, he didn't have proper clothing, he didn't have time to change, etc. Now I know better because you see, I've learned that God is a righteous judge.

This tells me the man had no legitimate excuse, he simply did not do what he knew he was supposed to do.

This makes us daughters of The King. I like to call us princesses.

A good parent sets clear expectations. They don't allow their children to behave any old way. In fact, the quickest way for you to make a child feel unloved is to not set any expectations for them. You make them feel like they're just not worth putting any effort into. Really.

I may be a princess but that doesn't give me the freedom to run around and act any way I please. I can't go around the countryside being rude and abusive to everyone I meet. I can't go and hang out in places doing things a Princess of God has no business doing.

A question I must always keep before me is: Would someone be shocked and surprised to learn I'm a Princess of God? If they would, then I need to step in front of the mirror and examine myself carefully. Why are they shocked? Are my actions befitting a princess? Are my words befitting a princess? Am I running around in the garments made by the King's own dear hands and given to me personally or am I covering them up and hiding them with some old, dirty, smelly rags I found. Am I feasting at the table of the King or am I dumpster-diving?

God doesn't want me to just be a princess, He wants me to act like one!
Wow... what a message. And it's true, we can't behave and hang out in places doing things where a Princess of God has no business going/doing. And these aren't 'rules', it's our protection, our covering and our separation from the world who does not 'reflect' but consistantly rejects God.

Highly Favored8

case and point:
oh and by the way... who is trying to pick a fight? who is fooling themselves? You took it as a fight because of your defensiveness and whatever other psychological issues you may have going on... people like you are exactly the reason why people run from Christ... you have no idea my backgrounds, my struggles, or anything...
and no, i don't need attention, i have plenty. i was simply trying to start a discussion, ms. writer. this is a forum, isn't it? and why do you care? maybe you need to get over it, and not me, because obviously you took it to heart. and I can see why... I was talking about people like YOU. i bet you went to church today too... LOL

Hi Tdennis44,

I truly understand what you are saying and I will say this that Kayte is one of a couple of posters in this forum when Kayte posts she can talk to what a person has/or is going through. However, I hope she can come back in and clairify b/c Kayte posts in Love. This is why I love her posts.
I pray that you both Kayte and You can reslove and speak and understand in love what each of you is trying to say.

Now back to your post- I truly understand what you are saying and IRL it is the same thing. Yes, they are hypocritical Christians online, and IRL.
There is no denying that. However, still try to respond in love. This forum is so big and so many women here with different life expericences and walks with the Lord. I seen threads get taken way out of context instead of what the OP is saying. However, again I truly understand where you are comming from sorry you had negative experience(s) and I pray that you will not let this hinder you. You made a post on how you felt IMHO it is cool your just expressing how you feel.

Pslams 143:2
"Do not enter into Judgement with your servant,
For you in Your sight no one living is righteous."
This means all of mankind/human kind

In Christ Love,
HF8

Last edited:

kayte

ETA to keep it simpler

I ask for forgiveness..if that's possible
I honestly did mean my post to be kind of a tough love ..and a true invitation to look within but I do admit after painful reflection...
some anger was there that didn't belong on that post..and ultimately
I applied my own post ..to me :ohwell:
Thank God

and why do you care?
I do care about you
that's not flippant... I mean it

maybe you need to get over it, and not me, because obviously you took it to heart. and I can see why...

yes..I did take it to heart
..in that I'm now examining me ..not at you
again..sorry if I made any one upset

I was talking about people like YOU.

Well...you were right...I do try to do a little bit better than
the day before?....hypocrisy...that's a hard one...it's insidious
we are not always aware,see...

I know I am too invested in honesty
not just as..a virtue but experience has taught that lying to my self has only made more heartbreak..... many times though, I am misguided....
thank you for pointing it out

i bet you went to church today too...

Again ...you are right!..I didn't..I'm sure that has a lot
to do with why I'm a little lost these days

looking forward to doing that again:grin:

Last edited:

kayte

but i do disagree with you insuiating that she maybe deliberately starting this thread to pick a fight. maybe im wrong..

ETA.. I re-read my post and I did use the word deliberate
so you were right..

You are actually mistaken... If you re-read my post.I never said that what I meant was..in opening a loaded thread..with the title as such..that there might be something else{ subconciously}
going on..in attempting a possible arguementative thread..
that means not deliberate
and I think another member did post a link about the rules
which supports threads that veer away from contention

calling her a coward and saying she intentionally wanted to start a fight and want attention.. all these false accusations wasnt necessary. so in the end we all are hypocrites.. each and every one of us and tahts why we all need jesus to help us with our issues

We sure do need Jesus...
I'm sorry for the misunderstanding
I was not calling OP a name.....
to post in the way she did..actually takes a lot of strength..though I do not agree with the sentiment or the dynamic in the way she posted

I meant the actions were reflective of that energy...
because perhaps it takes a deeper courage to be vulnerable
..possibly... I dunno...

I can absolutely see where that would be questionable,though, and thought of as one and the same
so.. I agree, it was poor choice of words in an already loaded discussion
I do apologize

in terms of wanting attention ..there's nothing wrong with that!...
we all do....we post to get acknowledgment... solidarity... support wisdom
humour, perspective,community,
et al
I meant... a concern about negative attention seeking
but as God pointed out to me ...that is not my business ...

I understand where the op is coming from .. thats why i stay away from here too.. its sickening sometimes. honestly

This is so sad...I think you've asked for prayer and have been supported here
but you feel... maybe not? ....
I do hope you feel better...
there is a lot of love though from imperfect beings
in God's imperfect world
but I remember in Love in Perfect LOVE
there is no terror..only God who is LOVE

be blessed....

ETA
but i cant lie and say that i agree with something you said when i dont. im glad we got this all cleared up.. take care god bless

I was not refering to your agreeing or disagreeing with me..or lying
shakes my head..far from it
it was as I referenced...your quote "sickening"...and it's why I gently reminded you ..that same forum supported you and will continue to do so
but I can certainly understand backing away if it causes confusion.
that choice of wording..... is what took me aback..is all
yes dear,God bless

Last edited:
kayte you're pretty cool for that response...:bouncy:
and i may have been less than mature for mine lol... its always fun to be sassy for a second though... and i must admit i am hating on the eloquence of your writing :notworthy
daps n hugs

trenise

I feel so much better seeing yall's posts Kayte and tdennis44. I really do. Thank you for coming to explain yourself Kayte. I think you two probably have a lot in common.

GV-NA-GI-TLV-GE-I

Sigh...with all due respect, there is a certain amount of "I'm better than you and...blah, blah, blech" on this CF. There is a definite amount of attempting to determine who is and who isn't a so-called "real" christian.:nono: I think this is what she's referring to and it's disheartening. Some of the so-called "christian" attacks on here are more savage than that of wolves on a rabbit. I'm just stating the truth....

Nice & Wavy

Sigh...with all due respect, there is a certain amount of "I'm better than you and...blah, blah, blech" on this CF. There is a definite amount of attempting to determine who is and who isn't a so-called "real" christian.:nono: I think this is what she's referring to and it's disheartening. Some of the so-called "christian" attacks on here are more savage than that of wolves on a rabbit. I'm just stating the truth....

Inches411

You are actually mistaken... If you re-read my post.I never said that what I meant was..in opening a loaded thread..with the title as such..that there might be something else{ subconciously}
going on..in attempting a possible arguementative thread..
that means not deliberate
and I think another member did post a link about the rules
which supports threads that veer away from contention

We sure do need Jesus...
I'm sorry for the misunderstanding
I was not calling OP a name.....
to post in the way she did..actually takes a lot of strength..though I do not agree with the sentiment or the dynamic in the way she posted

I meant the actions were reflective of that energy...
because perhaps it takes a deeper courage to be vulnerable
..possibly... I dunno...
I can absolutely see where that would be questionable,though, and thought of as one and the same
so.. I agree, it was poor choice of words in an already loaded discussion
I do apologize

in terms of wanting attention ..there's nothing wrong with that!...
we all do....we post to get acknowledgment... solidarity... support wisdom
humour, perspective,community,
et al
I meant... a concern about negative attention seeking
but as God pointed out to me ...that is not my business ...

This is so sad...I think you've asked for prayer and have been supported here
but you feel... maybe not? ....
I do hope you feel better...
there is a lot of love though from imperfect beings
in God's imperfect world
but I remember in Love in Perfect LOVE
there is no terror..only God who is LOVE

be blessed....

hey kayte.. yes i have asked for prayer here before.. thats why i remembered you cause u always responded when i posted and your response was very nice and i was kinda blown off by some of your comments.. but the reason i dont come on here is not something that should be taken personal. i believe that there are truly genuine people on here but for me being on this forum cause me more confusion than good so thats why i backed away from it.. It maybe have been me not understanding things and it might have nothing to do with the forum it self so please dont take offense. LIke I told you in a pm.. i love the way you post.. but i cant lie and say that i agree with something you said when i dont. im glad we got this all cleared up.. take care god bless

Theo

You know, and I say this all in love.

I think sometimes we as Christians need to bite the bullet and actually practice some of this humility that we often speak and recognize truth when we hear it.

TIME and TIME AGAIN, we hear both BELIEVERS and UNNBELIEVERS talk about how the JUDGEMENT and HYPOCRISY of people who claim to be Christians is what turned them against from the church (and in this case the Christian forum) in the first place. I don't know, I heard it too many to just dismiss it anymore.

Let's face it. The church (and the CF) has got some hypocrites and they are misrepresenting Christ. I just wish some of all you chastise (in love, of course :spinning:) some of the hypocrites as much as you do the gays and the rest of the sinners.
And for what its worth, I'm a born-again Christian myself... I gotta call it like I see it.

GV-NA-GI-TLV-GE-I

I think sometimes we as Christians need to bite the bullet and actually practice some of this humility that we often speak and recognize truth when we hear it.

TIME and TIME AGAIN, we hear both BELIEVERS and UNNBELIEVERS talk about how the JUDGEMENT and HYPOCRISY of people who claim to be Christians is what turned them against from the church (and in this case the Christian forum) in the first place. I don't know, I heard it too many to just dismiss it anymore.

Let's face it. The church (and the CF) has got some hypocrites and they are misrepresenting Christ. I just wish some of all you chastise (in love, of course :spinning:) some of the hypocrites as much as you do the gays and the rest of the sinners.
And for what its worth, I'm a born-again Christian myself... I gotta call it like I see it.

Edited: ( to reflect a general aspect of struggle...not nec. with people in this forum)

I myself am a sinner! And I don't have the same religious experience as anyone else...it's all subjective. But i struggle off and on with this thing - this bus ride called "christian"...because the past christian example (throughout history) has been horrible...for all my people. It's not judgement per se....it's looking at realities. It's hard and I often feel like a deceived person for having entered it...but with time comes clarity. The precepts are perfect, not the people incorporating them in their lives. Thank you for your comment. All of us can learn, every one...from history and certainly from each other. But inherently, there is a vein of "arrogance" in how the gospel's often presented, particularly with certain denominations. Is it sensitivity to protect one's past? Perhaps. But then again, it's G-d who makes the person what he is, culture, mindset, spiritually.

Last edited:

Bachelorette

case and point:
oh and by the way... who is trying to pick a fight? who is fooling themselves? You took it as a fight because of your defensiveness and whatever other psychological issues you may have going on... people like you are exactly the reason why people run from Christ...

Hmm :ohwell:

Shimmie

Staff member

The bottom line is that the entire human race Christian/Non Christian has their izzm's, skizzm's, pet peeves, about diverse issues of life. Be it 'whatever'.

No one and I mean NO ONE... definitely including me... is exempt from making judgments about anything and everyone in this thread, in this entire forum community of LHCF (all forums), and folks outside of this forum, lurkers, and whoever have demonstrated and will continue to demonstrate this human vice this quite vividly.

So that makes everyone a hypocrite...period. :yep: :yep: :yep:

It's just life. We "ALL' have an issue with some issue or issues and yet we 'ALL' still have our own issues which we have in hindsight.

No small wonder why Jesus said, "How long must I tarry with you...?" He meant all of us. NO One gets a free pass out of this. :nono: We're all doing the very same thing ... making a judgment, an assessment, an observation, of what someone else has said or done. I'm the first one to admit about me.

Last edited:

MuseofTroy

OK...
I have an issue with Christians... Its to the point now where I don't tell people I am a Christian, I just say Jesus is my savior... but be that as it may...
I am so disappointed and almost disgusted as I look through these forums... I have seen a lot of women talking about all these "things" that people have to do if they are Christians. I have seen A LOT OF JUDGMENT...:cry3:
I am just going to say this::orders:
Just because you are a Christian does not make you God himself. Nobody has the right to tell someone that they are wrong or that they are not a good Christian or that they are not fully devoted because they walk different than you do.:poke:
Why don't we just try to help each other in their struggles? If someone feels that secular music is causing them to stumble, then if they say so, try and help. That doesn't mean its the same for everyone...:naughty:
If someone wears certain types of clothes, that doesnt make them more "worldly" than the next person... You were "worldly" when you lied and said you were an APL 3c when you know you are an SL 4b fine...
All sin is equal, and all people were created equally in sin, and we all need Christ to go to heaven. Lets concentrate on those truths rather than measuring out judgments and counting good deeds. The old testament was such a long time ago... We are here to help the world, not to be just like them and exclude and hurt others... with that said, I'm out.:angel:

Hypocrisy is wrong. However in my opinion it is not judgmental to correct someone of WRONG behavior because you are genuinely trying to help them and enrich their lives. Christians are supposed to be a light to the world so if we are sitting around being messy and foul, how is that going to serve as a testimony to others? Personally I'm sick of these fair weather Christians who don't speak out against evil or injustices because they are afraid of being perceived as close minded or don't want to make any enemies. When I correct someone, I expect the same to be done to me. I want to be corrected of anything I'm doing wrong and may actually be unaware of. As a Christian the spot light is on you so if you are running around sinning and being like the world, how are you going to talk to someone else about God and being Christ-like? This is why the church is weak and why Christians are laughable these days because we aren't a light to the world. We aren't supposed to be doing the same mess as non believers. WE are supposed to be better than that but sadly that is not the case.

I already quoted this in another post but I should use it again because it definetly applies to this discussion.

Judge not, that ye be not judged" (Matthew 7:1). The dynfunctional sinner’s favorite quote when it clearly talks about hypocritically attacking someone else when you are suffering from sin as well. None of us are perfect but we are supposed to support and want each of us to overcome on weaknesses.

The Bible clearly states that God’s people are expected to correct, rebuke and be bold to those who are sinning from a position of love and genuine concern.

James 5:20 Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins. John 7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

Romans 14: 1 Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations. 2 For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs. 3 Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him. 4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

1 Corinthians 6: 1 Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unjust, and not before the saints? 2 Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters? 3 Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life? 4 If then ye have judgments of things pertaining to this life, set them to judge who are least esteemed in the church. 5 I speak to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you? no, not one that shall be able to judge between his brethren?"

Nevertheless if I see anyone, especially my loved ones particpating in behavior that is destrimental to themselves and others, I will speak out and try to help them within my capacity. There is nothing wrong with holding someone accountable for their behavior. We all need to be held accountable. You don’t just let sh*t sit in the middle of the room. You clean it up.

MuseofTroy

I also want to add that it is not our place to determine if someone is a real Christian or not. Only God knows. There are people who go to church every Sunday and go through the motions of praying to God but belong to the devil. There are homeless people on the street who are saved. For anyone who is ashamed to be a Christian, then that is something you should take up with God. I don't follow anyone but Jesus Christ. That is where my allegiance is with. How another individuals acts has not bearing on my salivation. However when we know there is an area in our life or behavior that needs improvement, we aren't suppose to just throw up our hands and embrace the sin, we are supposed to fight it and try our hardest to get out of bondage. What I've noticed these days is that many Christians just give up and use excuses as to why they won't change certain behavior. Nevertheless to the new poster, people are flawed whether they are Christian or not. You need to worry about your own personal relationship with God. There is nothing wrong with correcting another behavior but don't come from a position that you are perfect.