WHY ARE CHRISTIANS SO HYPOCRITICAL

OK...
I have an issue with Christians... Its to the point now where I don't tell people I am a Christian, I just say Jesus is my savior... but be that as it may...
I am so disappointed and almost disgusted as I look through these forums... I have seen a lot of women talking about all these "things" that people have to do if they are Christians. I have seen A LOT OF JUDGMENT...:cry3:
I am just going to say this::orders:
Just because you are a Christian does not make you God himself. Nobody has the right to tell someone that they are wrong or that they are not a good Christian or that they are not fully devoted because they walk different than you do.:poke:
Why don't we just try to help each other in their struggles? If someone feels that secular music is causing them to stumble, then if they say so, try and help. That doesn't mean its the same for everyone...:naughty:
If someone wears certain types of clothes, that doesnt make them more "worldly" than the next person... You were "worldly" when you lied and said you were an APL 3c when you know you are an SL 4b fine...
All sin is equal, and all people were created equally in sin, and we all need Christ to go to heaven. Lets concentrate on those truths rather than measuring out judgments and counting good deeds. The old testament was such a long time ago... We are here to help the world, not to be just like them and exclude and hurt others... with that said, I'm out.:angel:

pookaloo83

OK...
I have an issue with Christians... Its to the point now where I don't tell people I am a Christian, I just say Jesus is my savior... but be that as it may...
I am so disappointed and almost disgusted as I look through these forums... I have seen a lot of women talking about all these "things" that people have to do if they are Christians. I have seen A LOT OF JUDGMENT...:cry3:
Just because you are a Christian does not make you God himself. Nobody has the right to tell someone that they are wrong or that they are not a good Christian or that they are not fully devoted because they walk different than you do.:poke:
Why don't we just try to help each other in their struggles? If someone feels that secular music is causing them to stumble, then if they say so, try and help. That doesn't mean its the same for everyone...:naughty:
If someone wears certain types of clothes, that doesnt make them more "worldly" than the next person... You were "worldly" when you lied and said you were an APL 3c when you know you are an SL 4b fine...
All sin is equal, and all people were created equally in sin, and we all need Christ to go to heaven. Lets concentrate on those truths rather than measuring out judgments and counting good deeds. The old testament was such a long time ago... We are here to help the world, not to be just like them and exclude and hurt others... with that said, I'm out.:angel:

Preach.......

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
Thank you. You have said what I have been thinking for years. Sometimes it is so bad that I don't even come over to the Christian forum and I say that as a minister.

MA2010

OK...

I don't know where this post stemmed from, but I am sorry if someone excluded or hurt you girl. You have some excellent points in your post (bold) and I love your honesty.

There are many women here who have embraced to no end on the Christian forum (Shimmie, Nice and Wavy, many others).

You have to remember that we all are from different walks of life, but God's children nonetheless. Sometimes we have to agree to disagree and let God answer our individual questions, struggles, concerns, and convictions HIMSELF :yep:

God bless you girl and try not to let negativity pull you away from possible healthy fellowship here ((((HUGS)))).

yeah i don't like the confrontation thread... i'm like can't Christ do that on his own? Doesn't he every day? I know he confronts me on an HOURLY basis LOL

Nice & Wavy

Wow...sorry to see this here, but I should have expected such.:nono:

First, welcome to the Forum...I see you just joined LHCF this month.:yep:

Second, you must remember that not everyone who calls themselves "christian" may be a true, practicing one here in the CF.

I do believe that a thread started like this is a portal for unbelievers to come and give more reason to bash christians like myself and many others, who only try to share in love, the gospel of Jesus Christ. I'm sorry that you feel the way you do, but I do know that when I have issue with other believers, I should take it to them privately FIRST, like the Bible says I should. One time I said something about what another believer said, and although it hurt me, I should have gone to her about it but didn't. When she read what I wrote, she was upset (naturally) and called me to talk. We talked it out and now everything is better. That's how we should do things...I'm sorry, but this here is kinda rough to take.

I pray that the Lord will bring healing to us as believers...there are so many that will see this and be turned away from wanting to become a christian because of it, and we must be very careful of this....we must always be in a mindset of being Christ-like and that goes for all of us.

Praying for this forum...always.

Nice & Wavy

I don't know where this post stemmed from, but I am sorry if someone excluded or hurt you girl. You have some excellent points in your post (bold) and I love your honesty.

There are many women here who have embraced to no end on the Christian forum (Shimmie, Nice and Wavy, many others).

You have to remember that we all are from different walks of life, but God's children nonetheless. Sometimes we have to agree to disagree and let God answer our individual questions, struggles, concerns, and convictions HIMSELF :yep:

God bless you girl and try not to let negativity pull you away from possible healthy fellowship here ((((HUGS)))).
Thank you for thinking of me in that way, Manushka!

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member

Thank you :kiss:

Shimmie

Staff member
OK...

If someone wears certain types of clothes, that doesnt make them more "worldly" than the next person...

You were "worldly" when you lied and said you were an APL 3c when you know you are an SL 4b fine...

You're venting; and it is so understandable. :yep:

But......

You are doing exactly what you are 'venting' about. :yep: :nono2:

Dear one, humans no matter who we are, are prone to find and state 'fault' in one another. Be it right or wrong, that's what humans do. All humans. And being a Christian doesn't exempt one from being human.

Angel you've made a judgment about someone's hair description, that they lied. Or you've used it to make your point. Either way, it's a contradiction. How do know a person is lying about their hair? For one thing, these hair descriptions are not that easy to access for everyone. My APL may also be anothers BSL because of our body frames and sizes.

I 'get' what you are trying to convey. It's a vent of disagreement and it's okay. Because.... you are human; a precious human who has also made a judgment as all humans do, and you shared it with us.

Can't help but love you. We all have vents. I'm finna' to open an air vent myself before the day is over. Afterall, I'm human. :yep:

:welcome3: to Life! :love3:

beaux cheveux

OK...
Hon, if you are a Christian you are not following other Christians, you are following Christ. I don't understand why we put so much attention on other people, when you are not following them.
There are good and bad people everywhere. I could point at any religious or nonreligious group and say they are hypocrites.
People are people. You can find judgment anywhere if you are looking for it, in fact you saying 'they are hypocrites' can be considered a form of judgment. No one knows anyone's christian walk to decide if they are a hypocrite or not, saved or unsaved, a 'real' or 'fake' christian (whether that means).
It is only human nature to overlook one's flaws and see another's. It's not going to change anytime soon, this is the world we live in.

Inches411

I understand where the op is coming from .. thats why i stay away from here too.. its sickening sometimes. honestly.. but i also agree with the other posters. dotn follow ppl follow god. they will always be people who say or do or act they way they should.. dont let it affect you. I agree this is a big forum with many ppl from diff background so not every is not gonna agree but thats life. And to add in my opinion we all christian or not have been hypocrites one time in our life. I know i have.. it wasnt intentional but i had problems so yea i was a hypocrite too so dont get too mad we all have our low points sometimes..

Nice & Wavy

I dunno, maybe its me...but, people are so quick to stay out of the CF, yet...will go into the other forums (ET, OT) with no problem and accept all that's said there and sometimes agree.

Maybe its me.....

(Just so that ya'll know...I'm not talking about you, just people I know) quote by: Pastor Paul Sheppherd

Shimmie

Staff member
Hon, if you are a Christian you are not following other Christians, you are following Christ. I don't understand why we put so much attention on other people, when you are not following them.
There are good and bad people everywhere. I could point at any religious or nonreligious group and say they are hypocrites.
People are people. You can find judgment anywhere if you are looking for it, in fact you saying 'they are hypocrites' can be considered a form of judgment. No one knows anyone's christian walk to decide if they are a hypocrite or not, saved or unsaved, a 'real' or 'fake' christian (whether that means).
It is only human nature to overlook one's flaws and see another's. It's not going to change anytime soon, this is the world we live in.

Thanks. That's the point I was making. :yep::yep::yep: There's no escape from anyone making any type of judgment on anything in this life. That's what it is ... Life. :love3:

kayte

WHY ARE CHRISTIANS SO HYPOCRITICAL

Blanket generalizations of these kind are meaningless
as is the title thread.... provocative and UN-Christlike

Do not fool yourself by blaming others..
with all respect...that's a cowardice...
your shame of Christianity has everything to do with
you and your relationship to Christ
NOT the CF

Have you ever heard that saying
If it's hysterical {your rant} it's historical?..meaning something deeper is goin on

As one human being to another..when I pick a fight..{like both of your posts }
and say it's because of THIS ....chances are very good ..it''s really something else

So,keeping it real....
do you have it in you OP to turn this around..into a positive?
some very very loving answers were given you..that's a gift
can you receive that and give thanks?
I challenge you...to.

Ask yourself what do I really need? clearly it's attention ...but what else?
what is hurting you..OP? A happy follower of Christ does not deliberately
start a fight.

Start there please,and release the impulse to scapegoat the CF
No it's not perfect..no one said it was
neither are Christians..neither is anybody else
neither are you...

get over it

in Christ
~~~~~K

Last edited:

Highly Favored8

OK...

AMEN a TRILLION Times to the bolded.

Highly Favored8

ITA with the OP. Who are we to judge, we need to come together in love. This is the only way to win the world. Yes, ITA it is too much judgement. OP keep it movin and do not worry about judgement seeds of others b/c they are dealing with their own issues.

Inches411

NOT the CF

If it's hysterical {your rant} it's historical?..meaning something deeper is goin on

and say it's because of THIS ....chances are very good ..it''s really something else

So,keeping it real....
I challenge you...to.

start a fight.

neither are you...

get over it

in Christ
~~~~~K

i somewhat agree with what you are saying... i agree that no one is perfect even christians but i do disagree with you insuiating that she maybe deliberately starting this thread to pick a fight. maybe im wrong.. maybe there is something i missed but all i see is someone who frustrated and needed clarification on something not tryign to start a fight. I also dont agree with you stating that she is seeking attention by doing this.

But all in all the op needs to know that everyone make mistakes does and says thing they shouldnt do.. and that she should not let those things affect her walk with christ cause in the end.. all that matters is your relationship with him and him only.

Last edited:
case and point:
oh and by the way... who is trying to pick a fight? who is fooling themselves? You took it as a fight because of your defensiveness and whatever other psychological issues you may have going on... people like you are exactly the reason why people run from Christ... you have no idea my backgrounds, my struggles, or anything...
and no, i don't need attention, i have plenty. i was simply trying to start a discussion, ms. writer. this is a forum, isn't it? and why do you care? maybe you need to get over it, and not me, because obviously you took it to heart. and I can see why... I was talking about people like YOU. i bet you went to church today too... LOL

NOT the CF

So,keeping it real....
I challenge you...to.

start a fight.

neither are you...

get over it

in Christ
~~~~~K

Shimmie

Staff member
case and point:
oh and by the way... who is trying to pick a fight? who is fooling themselves? You took it as a fight because of your defensiveness and whatever other psychological issues you may have going on... people like you are exactly the reason why people run from Christ... you have no idea my backgrounds, my struggles, or anything...
and no, i don't need attention, i have plenty. i was simply trying to start a discussion, ms. writer. this is a forum, isn't it? and why do you care? maybe you need to get over it, and not me, because obviously you took it to heart. and I can see why... I was talking about people like YOU. i bet you went to church today too... LOL
:timer: I knew this was coming...

It was just a matter of time. But why go so overboard, especially with the last two sentences of attack against Kayte? I don't understand, because it's what you were venting about. It just blew away the points of your original post.

Last edited:

Inches411

It was just a matter of time. But why go so overboard, especially with the last two sentences of attack against Kayte? I don't understand, because it's what you were venting about. It just blew away the points of your original post.

your are right.. she is doing the same thing she post that she hates other christians do... so she in herself is being hypocrital but at the same time kayte comments were not so nice.. and i like the way kayte post most of the time but this one i really disagree with. calling her a coward and saying she intentionally wanted to start a fight and want attention.. all these false accusations wasnt necessary. so in the end we all are hypocrites.. each and every one of us and tahts why we all need jesus to help us with our issues.

Nice & Wavy

Sis, this is what my good friend (evangelist) said to me that I said I wasn't going to share here....I needed to share her words of wisdom!!!

A king arranges for the marriage of his son. He sends out the invitations and everything is made ready but the guests refuse to come. Some of them even attack and kill messengers of the king. He sends out his armies to destroy them and burn their city. Then the king sends his servants out into the highways to invite everyone they find to the wedding. Matthew 22:10 (NKJV)

When the king comes in to see the guests, he sees something unusual. Everyone is wearing a wedding garment except for one man. Some commentators say everyone would have been provided with a wedding garment. Others say it was up to the guest to wear an appropriate garment. In any case, every single one of these people (the house was full) had been brought in "off the streets" so to speak yet all of them were wearing appropriate garments except for one man. This was an insult. The king had invited him into his home. He was given a seat at the king's own table and yet he put forth absolutely no effort into trying to show respect for the king or his son. It was sort of like taking the king's grace (he didn't earn nor deserve an invitation) and throwing an insult back at the king.

When I first heard this story, I came up with all sorts of excuses for the man. It wasn't his fault, he didn't have proper clothing, he didn't have time to change, etc. Now I know better because you see, I've learned that God is a righteous judge.

The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring forever; The judgments of the LORD are true and righteous altogether. Psalm 19:9

This tells me the man had no legitimate excuse, he simply did not do what he knew he was supposed to do.

But when the time had fully come, God sent his Son, born of a woman, born under law, to redeem those under law, that we might receive the full rights of sons. Because you are sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, "Abba, Father." So you are no longer a slave, but a son; and since you are a son, God has made you also an heir. Galatians 4:4-7 (NIV)

This makes us daughters of The King. I like to call us princesses.

A good parent sets clear expectations. They don't allow their children to behave any old way. In fact, the quickest way for you to make a child feel unloved is to not set any expectations for them. You make them feel like they're just not worth putting any effort into. Really.

I may be a princess but that doesn't give me the freedom to run around and act any way I please. I can't go around the countryside being rude and abusive to everyone I meet. I can't go and hang out in places doing things a Princess of God has no business doing.

A question I must always keep before me is: Would someone be shocked and surprised to learn I'm a Princess of God? If they would, then I need to step in front of the mirror and examine myself carefully. Why are they shocked? Are my actions befitting a princess? Are my words befitting a princess? Am I running around in the garments made by the King's own dear hands and given to me personally or am I covering them up and hiding them with some old, dirty, smelly rags I found. Am I feasting at the table of the King or am I dumpster-diving?

God doesn't want me to just be a princess, He wants me to act like one!

HeChangedMyName

It's simple: We as Christians aren't perfect. A part of our imperfection is in judging others. We edify ourselves, we idol worship, we sin just like everyone else. The difference is that we are accountable for it and we know better. But life is a struggle and all we can do is to stay in the Word and saturate every fiber of our being with God's love, wisdom, knowledge and his Word and pray that none of us is cut off in eternity.

Now that isn't to say that it is cool and to each his own, because I don't subscribe to that train of thought anymore, but we all have to live and learn.

trenise

case and point:

Hi there. :hiya:I've been following this thread and was only going to lurk. I didn't really want to say anything, but I will share something about my thoughts on Christians being hypocritical. In your earlier post you said you don't even call yourself a Christian anymore. I think I can understand why you do that from the explanation you gave. But here is where I looked at myself. I wondered at one time if I was being enough of a Christian to tell people I was. I didn't want to take the Lord's name in vain, so to speak, and call myself a Christian but not be Christ-like. But I have matured to the point where I will call myself a Christian at all times because Jesus is my Savior, not because of any perfection I have reached. I hear people coming down hard on Christians all the time. I've been guilty too. Perhaps it is because we hold people who identify with the name of Christ to such a high standard?

I quoted you because you came off here to me as being angry. Maybe I misunderstood, but it went beyond just a discussion or even disagreement right here. Discussion is good, disagreeing is inevitable, but attacks are not necessary or productive. Let's try this again, okay?

Inches411

It's simple: We as Christians aren't perfect. A part of our imperfection is in judging others. We edify ourselves, we idol worship, we sin just like everyone else. The difference is that we are accountable for it and we know better. But life is a struggle and all we can do is to stay in the Word and saturate every fiber of our being with God's love, wisdom, knowledge and his Word and pray that none of us is cut off in eternity.

Now that isn't to say that it is cool and to each his own, because I don't subscribe to that train of thought anymore, but we all have to live and learn.

nice post.. I would like to add that i have learned from my personal experience to not to be so quick to be angry if you feel someone is being hypocrital because sometimes some ppl have no clue they are even being hypocrital. I know that i have been that way sometimes and when someone pointed out to me i have to clutch my heart cause i didnt even realized it and i felt really bad about it and i was glad that person pointed in out to me in a loving way..

Nice & Wavy

Hi there. :hiya:I've been following this thread and was only going to lurk. I didn't really want to say anything, but I will share something about my thoughts on Christians being hypocritical. In your earlier post you said you don't even call yourself a Christian anymore. I think I can understand why you do that from the explanation you gave. But here is where I looked at myself. I wondered at one time if I was being enough of a Christian to tell people I was. I didn't want to take the Lord's name in vain, so to speak, and call myself a Christian but not be Christ-like. But I have matured to the point where I will call myself a Christian at all times because Jesus is my Savior, not because of any perfection I have reached. I hear people coming down hard on Christians all the time. I've been guilty too. Perhaps it is because we hold people who identify with the name of Christ to such a high standard?

I quoted you because you came off here to me as being angry. Maybe I misunderstood, but it went beyond just a discussion or even disagreement right here. Discussion is good, disagreeing is inevitable, but attacks are not necessary or productive. Let's try this again, okay?
:kiss:...I'm blessed by your post....just blessed:yep: