Who wants to view den1s photos?

Hi Quinny,
Your Quest: Tell me in the natural pic #1 is that your hair after taking out of braids?

No, I just loosed out my bantu knots, then combed my hair down.

Hi Londongirl
Your Quest: which products you use

Are you ready for this?!!!

Moisturisers
Wildgrowth hair oil
Doo gro hair oil
Pink Oil moisturiser
Lustrasilk moisture max oil moisturising hair lotion
African Pride Braid sheen spray
Sta-sof-fro hair spray oil sheen and comb out conditioner
Luster's Pink Glosser
Elasta QP Thermal Designing Liquid
Carrot Oil

Shampoos
Creme of nature detangler/conditioner
Aphogee shampoo for damaged hair
Motions Treatment Shampoo
Aphogee Deep moisture shampoo with Evening Primrose oil

Deep conditioners/Conditioner
Motions CPR Treatment conditioner
Lekair cholestrol
Doo Gro Deep down Intense penetrating conditioner
Aphogee leave in conditioner

Hair and scalp treatments
Solera herbal double strength herbal hair formula
Profectiv Healthy ends
Profectiv Breakfree
Aphogee Keratin and green tea reconstructizer
Infusium 23 original for damaged/unmanageable hair
Aphogee 2 minute keratin reconstructor

Your Quest: How do you manage to comb your hair?

I usually get my hairdresser friend, to comb my hair for me, so she does all the hard work.

Denise, you have very lovely hair, it's thick, it's long and it's healthy. Congratulations on your weight loss, try to eat more vegetables, treat yourself once a week to your favourites chocolates etc, exercise and your weight, slowly but surely come up. I started a healthy eating, more salads etc, plus I have an exercise plan. Please please don't go on the horrible diets, like slim fast etc to lose your weight faster, you are doing fine. You are an inspiration to all us natural girls, with type 4b hair. Do you have a particular routine you follow. Please share with us. Also thank you very much for sharing your pictures. Again, you have very lovely hair.

Hi PeaceSteem
Your Quest: how long did it take you to grow your hair this long?

Throughout my teens I had thick medium length hair around the shoulders, deciding to grow my hair seemed impossible due to misinformation, I believed only whites and asians could have very long hair. I decided to start growing my hair waistlength from July 2002 after being inspired by literature on the internet regarding how vitamins and minerals aid in growing healthy after reading the HF37 testimonials on people who had acheived faster hair growth.

my hair was a few inches past my shoulders, probably above bra-strap in july 2002. At the time my hair was shedding and breaking off as fast as it grew, I didnt know how to have healthy hair plus retain the length, until i looked for the answers.

It really wasn't hard getting my hair to grow longer, faster, within that short space of time. It took hardly no time at all to get it this long. I sometimes get up to 2inches in a month, recently I had 1 inch of growth in 2 weeks due to the vitamins and minerals, i'm also following a healthy hair care regimen that works for me. I'm 24 years old now!

You can access my regimen from a past thread on Who gets 3/4 of an inch to 1 inch? by Keylargo

Also try Robin Woods website called www.growafrohairlong.com

I follow parts of her regimen on how to handle and look after afro textured hair.

If you need anymore information let me know
/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'd like to thank everyone for the kindness and inspiration you have shown towards me as a new member.I wish the very best for you all, in acheiving the goals you truly deserve. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanx a whole bunch for responding to my post. After seeing your wonderful head of hair I guess you were bonbarded with questions.

I found the growlongafrohair.com about five months ago. I know what you mean about the growth. I keep braids in no extentions in for two months take them out for a week and back in for two months. About two weeks after putting the braids in I see some major Growth and I know it ain't slippage because I don't have extentions. Well, that's all for now, Thanx because you confirmed what is possible.
Peace and Blessings

Den 1,

You have a beautiful head of hair girl and you said it was breaking...?

Thanks for sharing you have given me inspiration!

Julia

Hi Julia
Yes I mentioned that my hair was breaking before I had begun, the quest for longer hair that was about 7 months ago.

Thank-you /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hi Valerie,
Your Quest: Do you have a particular routine you follow?

Yes, please refer to the thread Who gets 3/4 to 1 inch? by KeyLargo. I have posted my regimen on those pages.

I hope you find it helpful, thanks for the advice and best of luck on your healthy eating plan. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hi Den1,
After reading all these raves, I am dying to see the photos, but everytime I click on the link for "Den's Pics," I receive the message, "The page cannot be displayed." Is your album still available?
Thanks! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Den, both you AND your hair are gorgeous!! Don't sell yourself short. You look far from horrendous. Your hair is so incredibly thick. You're obviously doing something right. Thanks for sharing - great inspiration for those of us seeking length and thickness. And, of course, welcome to the board!

den those pics are truly inspirational!!! i think you are beautiful... please dont continue to say negative things about yourself! I'm sure you'll reach all your goals... and let us know when u do!

I finally accessed your album. Your hair is so dark, full, long, and shiny! Beautiful! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Oh yeah, and I love the bantu knots, especially. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Dear Denise
Thanks very much, I was able to find your regime. You have done very well. Congratulations on having lovely hair and look forward to those waist hair pictures, you are a true life Rapunzel.

hi Den i see that your vitamin regimine works GREAT for not only your hair but your skin as well they are both beautiful. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks for sharing. Your hair is extremely thick and your skin is flawless.

Keep your head up! I am sure that if you keep working at losing weight, the pounds will continue to fall off.

Lastly, when you started taking the body cleanser, did you experience any initial skin breakouts?

Hi Elliot,
Your Quest: when you started taking the body cleanser, did you experience any initial skin breakouts?

I never experienced any skin breakouts whilst using the cleanser, in fact it made my skin more radiant.

Thank-you

Hi Den! once again, lovely hair. try not to relax it if you can. i just stopped relaxing my hair in october of 2002 and i think that my 4b hair is much healthier. just a thought.

anj. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Den1 I am bouncing on my head to see your pics but fr some reason I can not access it...help me help me./...I wanna see!!!

you and your hair are gorgeous! I wish I had your flawless skin. I agree with the other ladies...stop putting your self down. As for the recent weight loss congratulations and good luck! I know how hard it is when u are unhappy with your weight...but know that u are beautiful just they way u are whetehr u choose to continue or dieting or not anmd on top of that u have a beautiful head of hair to top it off. I get when it is pressed out it looks even prettier!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Back