Who wants to view den1s photos?

Nanyanika

Hi, everyone
I'm quite new here and i've just finished processing my natural photo's for the first time. Please ignore my horrendous appearance, not to mention my horrible hair ends. And yes i'm fat, but actually lost 2 1/2 stones on the atkins plan. I have 4b hair, as you will see it has not been straightened yet, looks more like an afro.My goal is to reach waistlength,in the next 5 inches of growth, obviously this would involve straightening the hair texture.

http://uk.photos.yahoo.com/deniselhaynes

Type in or click on Den's pics

Hi den1,

Be sure to set your album for Public sharing. Right now it says your album is empty. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

It says your album is empty...
Is 2 1/2 stones equal to 40 lbs? I guessed by referring to "Bridget Jones' Diary". /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Edit: Nevermind--I can see them now. Nice!

Wow! Your hair is so thick, healthy, shiny and pretty. You have a lot of it too. Welcome to the board, and thanks for sharing your pictures. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

You're welcome! Do you ever press your hair? If you do, take some pictures. I would love to see it. Every time I see pictures like yours they make me want to go natural. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Den1 Your hair looks awesome! The Bantu knots are a work of art I bet you got a nice set from them when your took them out.

What is your routine please share. How often do you take your hair down? Your pics are an inspiration I have 6 1/2 inches of natural 4a/b hair and thought I could only achieve 8 inches at most. Well, I will not speak defeat anymore thanx to your pictures I know I am cabable of growing long natural hair. Now I have proof that I don't have to give up length over texture /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Peace and blessings

Oh, Den1

I was just wondering how long did it take you to grow your hair this long. Don't worry so much about your wieght being a good person on the inside is what's important first then rest will take care of itself.

I love your photos, especially the Bantu knots. If I had that much hair, I'd wear it that way all the time. Thanks for sharing.

Hold up, HOLD UP >>>Pause >>>Stop!!!!

What's up with the constant bashing and bringing yourself down? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

There is no need for that because you DON'T look horrendous at all. You're a beautiful young lady with a head-full of beautiful, natural hair. I know women whom are struggling to get their hair just half the length and healthiness of yours & your ends don't look horrible neither. Sometimes as women we can be our worst critics. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

If you follow a great regimen, you'll defintely get the 5" that you want soon.

Welcome to the group... Great pics... Keep up the good work!

Sindeee

Den

You and your hair is beautiful. Congratulations on your hair and your 2.5 stones lost. That's a serious accomplishment. I wish you future luck in all your goals.

Well said Sindee.

Den, you know you're cute girl! And your hair is fabulous. Thank you so much for sharing your photos. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Den your pictures are gorgeous!!! And so are you! You have great hair, great skin, I'm jealous!!

I am also an unrelaxed type 4, so your length (without being straight) is my first goal. Because I have shrinkage that would put me where you are when stretched.

I think your hair looks great!

I notice you said 2 stones. You may have already mentioned this, but are you from the UK? Just asking because I've only heard that term from a girlfriend who is from there. Congratulations on the success with the Atkins also.

Thanks for posting your pics AND your routine. The pictures are very inspiring to me!

I appreciate you!

Tara /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Girl that's WHOLE lotta hair on your head. Goodgoogamooga! /images/graemlins/grin.gif Just gorgeous. I can only imagine the length if you pressed it. I am SOOOO jealous! And I don't think your ends look bad at all. I think they are just curly *shrug*

Den1 your hair is lovely, thick and healthy. Tell me in the natural pic #1 is that your hair after taking out of braids? It's very shiny. Joost maaarveloooouuuss!

Q

den, i'm with everyone else! you're very pretty. don't knock yourself! we all have things we don't like about ourselves. i also want to lose weight, but it doesn't make me love adrienne any less. neither should you!!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

adrienne

p.s. thanks so much for sharing your pics. girl, you got A LOT of hair! and it's just beautiful!!!

Den1,

You hair looks wonderful. It is so thick and full, and just because you're a little heavy doesn't mean squat here! There are a lot of us who are on the quest to lose weight, don't think less of yourself because you are heavy because you are doing something abou it. How long have you been natural?

Sorry to bug you den 1 but can I ask which products you use and how you manage to comb your hair. I'm growing out a relaxer and would like to be natural for 5 years if I can just learn to moisturise and comb the hair.

Lovely natural hair and very beautiful skin. You made some mention of your weight loss and I hope you reach all of your goals. It looks like you take good care of your hair and it is so thick...I love thick hair. Thank you for sharing. Bonjour. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hi Pebbles,
I never press or use any heat on my hair, however when i have acheived my waist-length goal, I'll definitely send you a photo. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Back