Who still uses Phyto hair products?

Oh? Tell me more about this phytojoba! I NEED moisture.

Wait until payday, IMMA 'bout to go crazy with some Phyto and then try to get it past my DH!

I followed the directions on the box. Just smoothed it through my hair and left it on for 5 minutes. My hair was moisturized for quite a while. Soooooft too. It's got jojoba oil in it. So it's moisturizing and really penetrates the strands.

Here's a synopsis from a website. I find it to be quite true to my experience:

The Phytojoba Intense Hydrating Mask is specially designed to instantly moisturize and protect dry hair.

Jojoba oil, which is extracted from the jojoba plant see, was chosen for its gentleness and remarkable compatibility with the hair's natural characteristics. Known for its regenerative emollient and protective properties, jojoba oil moisturizes dry hair leading the way to nourished, healthy hair.
With its creamy texture and delicate scent, the mask provides deep conditioning by restructuring the hair's protective film, which helps hair retain moisture. With continued use of Phytojoba Mask, hair becomes revitalized, shiny and more manageable.
Who Should Use? People with dry, dehydrated and brittle hair.
Directions For Use: Shampoo hair and rinse. Apply a quarter size amount to wet hair. Comb through with fingers to evenly distribute product over the entire head of hair, focusing on the ends. Leave on 2 to 5 minutes, depending on hair's thickness. Rinse thoroughly.
Frequency: Can be used daily. Ingredients: Angelica Archangelica Root Extract. Water/ Aqua ( Eau Purifee). Cetearyl Alcohol ( Derive D'Huile De Coco). Cetrimonium Chloride. Cetyl Alcohol. Propylene Glycol. Dipalmitoylethyl Hydroxyethylmonium Methosulfate. Decyl Glucoside. Dimethicone. Simmondsia Chinensis( Jojoba ) Seed Oil. Citrus Aurantium Dulcis ( Orange) Oil. Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride. Ceteareth-20. Trideceth-12. Tetrasodium Edta. Amodimethicone. Fragrance/ Parfum. Limonene. Linalool. Benzophenone-4. Phenoxyethanol. Parabens ( Butyl, Ethyl, Isobutyl, Methyl, Propyl). Citric Acid.

I love the relaxer, it's just so expensive. I used it once during my hair journey, but it used to be an old favorite. I've never been impressed with the rest of the line, but I may revisit it.

Took the $60 risk last weekend and am very happy for it.

Welcome to the best hair you've ever had in your life. It doesn't get better than this relaxer. Which index did you use and what texture are you?

I love the relaxer, it's just so expensive. I used it once during my hair journey, but it used to be an old favorite. I've never been impressed with the rest of the line, but I may revisit it.

Mm. I've got to agree. Phytospecific is not wear it's at. Phyto on the other hand is where it's at. It's so much lighter. It just lets my hair breathe, but still gets the job done. I will say that the vital force cream bathe is a great protein treat. I will be using it this weekend. That's all that i like from the Phytospecific line. I'm having a hard time finishing my samples that came with my relaxer because I just don't like them on my hair. But they are quite big samples.

Yeah. If you go on the Phyto french websites they have a brand new products. It's an overnight conditioning mask. The french get all the new stuff a year or more before we even hear about it. I"m jealous.

I got phytojoba as a recommendation from Newflowers. It's lovely. So moisturizing. I also got the vital force shampoo, but it's got a sulfate in it. It doesn't lather though. It's so crazy. I just use it like a co wash because it like the ingredients. I'm contemplating returning it though and just getting more conditioner. Lord knows i've got enough CON to last me over a year, and I do miss my beloved Mizani botaniphy shampoo.

This is my FAVORITE protein shampoo EVER. But its tricky. Youve gotta work with it. When you do, you get a great suds.

First, your hair has to be clean. Rinse rinse rinse rinse rinse alll of the residue out. Then follow the instructions to the T. I believe it says something about lathering 2 times and letting it sit, this is key.

Before I use this protein shampoo, I pretty much rinse for 3-5 minutes with plain water, massaging scalp and gently squeezing hair length in downwards motion. Then I SHAKE THE CONTENTS. It shouldnt come out watery, that means it settled. Then I take about a dime to nickel size in palm. Rub together. Massage into scalp. I don't worry about dovering the length of hair with the first rub, I waste product that way.

Then, I wait maybe 5 minutes while I exfoliate face, sing a song, etc.etc ..

Then I repeat the process. The 2nd time I apply shampoo to head, it gives great bubble. Sometimes I dont ge it right, its usually because I was impatient and skipped a step somewhere. (Not shaking the bottle, not letting hair get wet and rinse off residue, etc. etc)

HTH!

I use the Vital Force too and the shampoo is tricky. Sometimes after I've put the shampoo in my hair I have to wet my hair some more...I've also added a tiny bit of water to the shampoo in my hands and worked up a lather and then applied to the hair.

How come some shampoos act like this? Is it because it has oil in it?

Hey Just saw your post here! ITA and use the same methods. I have no reason why it takes work to sud up, but when it does, hair is SOFT which is unusual after protein. :yep:

My guess is the quality of the ingredients...but not sure...

This is my FAVORITE protein shampoo EVER. But its tricky. Youve gotta work with it. When you do, you get a great suds.

First, your hair has to be clean. Rinse rinse rinse rinse rinse alll of the residue out. Then follow the instructions to the T. I believe it says something about lathering 2 times and letting it sit, this is key.

Before I use this protein shampoo, I pretty much rinse for 3-5 minutes with plain water, massaging scalp and gently squeezing hair length in downwards motion. Then I SHAKE THE CONTENTS. It shouldnt come out watery, that means it settled. Then I take about a dime to nickel size in palm. Rub together. Massage into scalp. I don't worry about dovering the length of hair with the first rub, I waste product that way.

Then, I wait maybe 5 minutes while I exfoliate face, sing a song, etc.etc ..

Then I repeat the process. The 2nd time I apply shampoo to head, it gives great bubble. Sometimes I dont ge it right, its usually because I was impatient and skipped a step somewhere. (Not shaking the bottle, not letting hair get wet and rinse off residue, etc. etc)

HTH!

thanks, lovie. you're awesome. i will definately try your advice.

Welcome to the best hair you've ever had in your life. It doesn't get better than this relaxer. Which index did you use and what texture are you?

Mm. I've got to agree. Phytospecific is not wear it's at. Phyto on the other hand is where it's at. It's so much lighter. It just lets my hair breathe, but still gets the job done. I will say that the vital force cream bathe is a great protein treat. I will be using it this weekend. That's all that i like from the Phytospecific line. I'm having a hard time finishing my samples that came with my relaxer because I just don't like them on my hair. But they are quite big samples.

I absolutely agree- I am not a fan of phytojoba, I am a LOVER of phytojoba - both the shampoo and the conditioner. One thing I've found to very true of phyto is following the directions is key, and, most importantly, as wonderful as the products are the first time, you see definitive improvement with continued use. The products really improve the condition of the hair with long term use - but you don't always see the immediate slippery, coated feeling you can get with other products.

Since we're on a roll here, I suggest trying phytoneutre for your next clarifying shampoo. This shampoo is the best - clean hair, clean scalp, products work even better. Of course, I would rather not have hair if I had to live without my phyto7.

If any of you use Sabino, which Phyto (or Phytospecific) product would you use under the Sabino?

I absolutely agree- I am not a fan of phytojoba, I am a LOVER of phytojoba - both the shampoo and the conditioner. One thing I've found to very true of phyto is following the directions is key, and, most importantly, as wonderful as the products are the first time, you see definitive improvement with continued use. The products really improve the condition of the hair with long term use - but you don't always see the immediate slippery, coated feeling you can get with other products.

Since we're on a roll here, I suggest trying phytoneutre for your next clarifying shampoo. This shampoo is the best - clean hair, clean scalp, products work even better. Of course, I would rather not have hair if I had to live without my phyto7.

LoL. What a rave. I went and got samples of phyto 7 AND phyto 9 yesterday from Sephora. We'll see....

I used the Phytopolleine Botanical Scalp Stimulant tonight. Courtesy of B&BW's 75% off Sale.:grin:

Felt really, really good on my scalp which can sometimes be a little tender from daily application of Mega-Tek, so it was very soothing. Sort of like a Combination of Tee Tree EO and Peppermint EO Mixed.:blush: Very invigorating. I will use this weekly and see if it can soothe my dry & sometimes itchy irritated scalp.

Plan to Steam with the Phytocitrus Mask for about an Hour (Also Courtesy of the Sale):grin:

^^^Damn that citrus mask sounds lovely T, please come back and let us know what it's like! :grin:

I steamed with this for about an Hour Friday Night. Taken directly from the Box:

Phytocitrus (with Shea Butter and Grapefruit Extracts) Nourishes, Boosts Radiance

"Phytocitrus Provides the energy and radiance necessary to restore the beauty of hair weakened by coloring or bleaching products.
This rich and creamy mask is enriched with plant butters of illipe and shea, to deeply nourish and regenerate hair.

Naturally acidic, grapefruit extract smoothes the hair scales in order to set the color, while castor plant all imparts ultimate shine. The restructuring properties of sweet almond protein leaces hair silky soft and incomparably supple even after one application."

Felt really good. Will Use Often. A Good Purchase. Retailed for $38.00 but got it for about $9.50.:yep:

Last edited:
Hi Ladies,

I have been using the Phyto relaxer since last year and I really like it.

Unfortunately I developed a bald spot recently due to stress. I am trying to baby the spot to allow it to fill in. I use megatek and I can already see some fuzz there. I just orderd the Phyto Phanere - Hair and Nails for hair growth and I start taking them next week. I hope they encourage some faster growth.
I have also ordered the PhytoSpecific Phytogrowth Serum. Has anyone used this with good results? I really only want to use it on the bald spot and my thin edges.

I am really hoping Phyto helps. I am so bummed out by this bald spot as it is in the front centre of my hair and so noticeable. And yet the rest of the hair is really healthy.:sad::sad::sad:

Please cross your fingers for me and please give me any tips if you have any.

PS: I will not be doing a touch up until those spot fill in and even then I will not apply relaxer to those spots.

Front and center spot - is this where you tie a scarf? Can you explain more about why you think this happened? The products and plan for correcting the problem seem like they will work, but I really think understanding and alleviating the cause of the problem is very important.

Front and center spot - is this where you tie a scarf? Can you explain more about why you think this happened? The products and plan for correcting the problem seem like they will work, but I really think understanding and alleviating the cause of the problem is very important.

Thanks so much for your response. I am really worried about hat spot.
Strangely it is NOT where I tie my scarf as I tie my scarf at back or wear a silk cap.

The doc says there is nothing wrong with my scalp or skin nor do I have any deficiencies. So he think it is stress. I think so too. I have gone through a rather tough phase in the last few months but now I am much better.
The hair really literally is a missing patch surrounded by healthy hair.

Last edited:
I use -
Phytospecific Index I
Phytophanere Vitamins
Phytospecific Vitale Force (Protein)
PHytojojoba Shampoo
Phytosesame Conditioenr

I have tried many many MANY phyto products...successfully...but gradually narrowed down because it got OUTTA control. I probably started on Phyto in 2006.

By the way - its true about the pills. No lie. They're glorius. Naturals, relaxed and tex laxed...all in my circle..saw my growth wanted to know why, and that one factor has improved hair condition. Softer new growth, additional length. After 2 years of using PHytospecific relaxer, my one friend converted when she saw how Phyto preserved the integrity of hair...and you could stretch longer. There are many good things I can say about that line. Very expensive, but worth it. However, you must make sure that you are using complimentary products. You cant mix every cheapie with top shelf. Luckily, CON still works with Phyto, and I have enough stockpiled to leave me comfortable for now.

Hee hee.

Used to take the vitamins. They were awesome.
Now I just take biotin. Doesn't soften my texture but i get all kinds of crazy growth.

Hi Ladies,

I have been using the Phyto relaxer since last year and I really like it.

Unfortunately I developed a bald spot recently due to stress. I am trying to baby the spot to allow it to fill in. I use megatek and I can already see some fuzz there. I just orderd the Phyto Phanere - Hair and Nails for hair growth and I start taking them next week. I hope they encourage some faster growth.
I have also ordered the PhytoSpecific Phytogrowth Serum. Has anyone used this with good results? I really only want to use it on the bald spot and my thin edges.

I am really hoping Phyto helps. I am so bummed out by this bald spot as it is in the front centre of my hair and so noticeable. And yet the rest of the hair is really healthy.:sad::sad::sad:

Please cross your fingers for me and please give me any tips if you have any.

PS: I will not be doing a touch up until those spot fill in and even then I will not apply relaxer to those spots.

Good luck with your journey. I have the Phytospecific Growth Serum, but no problem spots. Its hard to say how it helped, I kind of fell off using it because I got such good growth with the Phytophanere. :/

Sorry that I can't provide more reliable feedback on this product, I just haven't been consistent enough with my use on it for the purpose of growth.

Hopfully you will see positive results quickly, and report back with good news. :)

Good luck with your journey. I have the Phytospecific Growth Serum, but no problem spots. Its hard to say how it helped, I kind of fell off using it because I got such good growth with the Phytophanere. :/

Sorry that I can't provide more reliable feedback on this product, I just haven't been consistent enough with my use on it for the purpose of growth.

Hopfully you will see positive results quickly, and report back with good news. :)

Thanks so much for your response and encouragement. I'll keep you posted!:yep:

To All The Phyto Heads --- I Gotta Tell You --- I Absolutely Love the Phytopolleine Botanical Scalp Stimulant (Pre-Poo) Treatment. It's the Best.:cloud9:

I still use the Phyto Relaxer Index I as a texturizer. Love it! My hair is the strongest it's been with a relaxer. It maintains the strength and integrity of my hair vs the other relaxers that seems to "melt" it. I touch up probably 4-5 times/year (so 2-3 boxes). I hate the milk that comes with the kit and never use it, but I got samples of some of the other Phyto products and I really like the Ultra Nourishing Conditioner. If I used anything else from the line it would be that.

I am so jealous of you with your big phyto sale - it is not on sale at any of the BBW with 25 miles of my home. Major bummer! The Phytopolleine Botanical Scalp Stimulant is quite nice - sage, pepermint, and other good stuff.

I tried the Intense Nutrition shampoo and conditioner - these are excellent protein treatments which don't leave your hair hard and crunchy; the same with phytocitrus which also smells yummy.

Polly and Co has free shipping and a gift with purchase deal right now. I need a new back up tube of my beloved phyto7 - 5 oz for $45 is a great deal (unless you're getting on sale at bbw:rolleyes:).

I love this too, but the smell is overpowering. I've gotten excellent results.

IK. The Smell is a Wee Bit how can I say: "Strong":look: I felt I got fantastic results the very first time I used it. It is really good for those that have sore, itchy, dry scalp issues.

*Smells like something that could really open up the Ol' Sinsuses*:lachen:

Back