Where Is My Bi-Weekly Washers At?

MizaniMami said:
Okay, give your hubby a high five for me.

Okay, I am on day 6 post shampoo and the itchies have taken me captive.:lol:

I wouldn't make it.

I was going to see if you made then ask what was the secret to keep those itches away.

Letitia said:
I was looking at this and you all almost got me confused. I was thinking, Mizani had it right the first time. Bi-weekly is every 2 weeks. The hubby even pulled out the dictionary because he said....How can it be any thing other than every two weeks.:ohwell: lol.

still lol at you MizaniMami.

Thank you...:lol: I was sitting here complexed like...:confused: :confused:
Mizani was correct in her statement..

*okay, raising hand*

I was a 2x a week, then 1x a week washer....

then when it got really hectic this past August, I didn't have time to bother with my hair (instant weave/wigs are my best friend, I don't have to worry about any styling or putting my hands in my head) - I went two weeks without washing it....and my hair grew...it actually looked better:eek:

Then I told a family member...I think I'm going to do this until touch up time (which was this past weekend) - and I am now convinced..that my fine haired follicles...like to be left the h*** alone...with my hands not in it...just give it some moisture during the week...and leave it alonnnnnnnnne.

So, I will be a bi-weekly washer until I at least reach my hair goal.

I wash every 2 wks when I'm being lazy (or feeling under the weather)
never had a problem
in fact, it gives me a much needed extra break from dealing with the hair :)

You ladies that itch and scratch...do you have dandruff or is your scalp dry? Do you use a variety of commercial products that have sulphates? I know that some people have some underlying scalp conditions, sensitivities etc. My point is that most people who have dandruff, have itchy scalps and scratch and feel the need to scratch and many who have a dry scalp have a tight uncomfortable feeling in their scalp and they actually feel scalp relief from the shampooing motion and from the water. Since I have neither, that may be one of the reasons why mine does not bother me. THIS IS NOT TO SUGGEST THAT ANYONE WHO CHOOSES OR FEELS THEY NEED TO SHAMPOO MORE OFTEN has a dandruff or dry scalp problem. It is just a question for information only. bonjour

It depends on how my hair is feeling.:lol: sometimes it's every week and then I might wash my hair every other week.

MizaniMami said:
Or anyone who has ever attempted to wait it out 2 weeks. I am def. wanting to hear from the protective stylers who do this.

So I am almost one week post shampoo and my hair is taking this surprisingly good! I am almost thinking about going another week and trying the biweekly wash thing! That will make it only 6 washes before the next relaxer-that way I don't have to deal with the newgrowth much.

So where my biweekly washers at? How is the shedding on wash day? Are you happy doing this? Any pros or cons I should know about?

ETA:Yall know I'm slow. I am/was referring to washing everu other week/twice a month

My last wash was at 13 weeks post after 13 days of not washing and I was shocked at how little hair I lost(I even posted about it LOL)!
I think I'm preferring this the longer I stretch. I think in the last few weeks of stretching(I'm at 14 weeks) the less manipulation the better. I think I'll probably stretch to 18 weeks(my longest) and wash once or twice more.

One thing I noticed though is I'm more itchy this time. I think that's because it's been 3 weeks since my last henna and that stuff keeps your scalp super healthy.I think I need to make sure to henna with each wash and I'll be fine.

Last edited:
i wash every 2 weeks now. I was doing it more often but I think it was too much. Castor oil is good for itching. I add it to my spritz as well as essential oils. Some good ones for itch are lavender, rosemary, tea tree, sage.

alexstin said:
My last wash was at 13 weeks post after 13 days of not washing and I was shocked at how little hair I lost(I even posted about it LOL)!
I think I'm preferring this the longer I stretch. I think in the last few weeks(I'm at 14) the less manipulation the better. I think I'll probably stretch to 18 weeks(my longest) and wash once or twice more.

One thing I noticed though is I'm more itchy this time. I think that's because it's been 3 weeks since my last henna and that stuff keeps your scalp super healthy.

That's what I am thinking at week 8 or 9 I may start washing biweekly!I remember your post and it actually helped inspired me to post this. I would LOVE to lose that amount of hair.

2cute2B4gotten said:
I always thought bi-weekly was every other week and bi-monthly was every other month. Like if you say, "I get paid bi -weekly" that would mean you get paid every other week. Is this not correct?:look:

OOOOPS!! :Blush2: Dang I just reconfused everybody! That's what I get for thinking I could help! LOL!

Okay so:

Bi-weekly = every 2 weeks
SEMI-weekly = 2x a week

I'm sorry MizaniMami. Didn't mean to jack up your thread.

I did use that Eqyss Survivor detangler for the first time with that particular wash so I'm sure that plays into the equation as well. Did you ever get around to trying it?

I think I'm going to give it a try because most of all my time now is devoted to studying. Also, when I was still using a stylist I used to go every 2 weeks for a wash and set and my hair did pretty good as long as I kept it moisturized.

I wash every two weeks simply because my hair is too hard to detangle and plus i'm lazy. The only time I get the itchies is when my scalp is dry, so I LIGHTLY oil my scalp. My hair doesn't stink unless I've been sweating a lot. I just completed a 19 week stretch and gained over 4 inches of newgrowth, so I guess washing every other week works for my hair.

alexstin said:
I did use that Eqyss Survivor detangler for the first time with that particular wash so I'm sure that plays into the equation as well. Did you ever get around to trying it?

You liked it? My hair laughed at it.:mad:

MizaniMami said:
You liked it? My hair laughed at it.:mad:

Sorry!!!:ohwell: I still want to try the Biolage daily tonic and make a decision between the two because I'm a little concerned about the keratin in the Eqyss.

I always alternate between daily washing and washing every two weeks. I find that washing every 2 weeks works better for me. I don't have to fool with washing my hair and it fits with my busy schedule. I have less tangles and less breakage. My hair looks better from not washing so often. It's also softer. The only thing I like about daily washing is the cleanliness and freshness, but I hate the tangles and when my hair shrinks up, strands tend to stick together. When I wait 2 weeks to wash, my hair is not all stinky, dirty, nor itchy so that's not a problem for me. When I wait to wash every 2 weeks, I wear two strand twists and I might do a twistout on the 2nd week before washing. When I wash daily, I usually wear a plopped shrunken coily fro. Hope that helps!

Last edited:
Mahalialee4 said:
You ladies that itch and scratch...do you have dandruff or is your scalp dry? Do you use a variety of commercial products that have sulphates? I know that some people have some underlying scalp conditions, sensitivities etc. My point is that most people who have dandruff, have itchy scalps and scratch and feel the need to scratch and many who have a dry scalp have a tight uncomfortable feeling in their scalp and they actually feel scalp relief from the shampooing motion and from the water. Since I have neither, that may be one of the reasons why mine does not bother me. THIS IS NOT TO SUGGEST THAT ANYONE WHO CHOOSES OR FEELS THEY NEED TO SHAMPOO MORE OFTEN has a dandruff or dry scalp problem. It is just a question for information only. bonjour
This is a good point. :scratchch I don't have dandruff or sensitivities but my shampoo does have sulphates.

mkstar826 said:
i wash every 2 weeks now. I was doing it more often but I think it was too much. Castor oil is good for itching. I add it to my spritz as well as essential oils. Some good ones for itch are lavender, rosemary, tea tree, sage.
I do have castor oil and these essential oils. One of these days, I'll experiment with not washing for 2 weeks and see what happens. If the itching starts afer 4 days, I'll massage a blend of lavender and rosemary oils into my scalp (a refreshing blend). I'll post about my results.

Isis said:
I do have castor oil and these essential oils. One of these days, I'll experiment with not washing for 2 weeks and see what happens. If the itching starts afer 4 days, I'll massage a blend of lavender and rosemary oils into my scalp (a refreshing blend). I'll post about my results.

Me too. I will experiement with I get 8 weeks post relaxer!

beyondcute said:
Definitions of 'biweekly' (bī-wēklē) - 5 definitions - The American Heritage® Dictionary

biweekly (adj.) Happening every two weeks.
biweekly (n.) A publication issued every two weeks.
biweekly (adv.) Every two weeks.

Im a whenever washer but I usually dont go longer than 2 weeks without washing. When I was younger and strangely my hair was at its longest (mid teens) I got my hair washed once a month. But then again my mother has 4 daughters and at the time we were all below bra strap naturals... Who can blame her?

That's what I thought... Thanks!:)

I'm not going to lie washing weekly has made me hair go from BSL to SL- NOT COOL!! Will be going back to my bi-weekly washing and pressing regimine because my hair was growing like crazy!! Sorry guys can't to the daily washes. I guess it depends on your hair type and whether not it's permed or natural, etc. Gotta do what works for ME. Happy Hair Growing!

Oh and I mean I will go back to washing every two weeks-works like a charm for me since I press. That means heat only twice a month:yep:

Oh and I mean I will go back to washing every two weeks-works like a charm for me since I press. That means heat only twice a month:yep:
Same here.

I use to wash like 2 times a week but now I dont have the time to do all of that and when I do have the time I'm too lazy. I think I will wash every 1-2 weeks. I think this will be better for me because I do use heat afterwards so only using heat twice a month may be helpful.

Yep. It may not be the most popular choice you gotta do what works for your hair. I cannot wait to go back to bsl and beyond. I was doing well b4 the whole weekly washing thing. NO MORE SETBACKS!:grin:

Back