When do you detangle?

Crystal22

At what point during the washing process do you detangle? I'm starting to think I should detangle right after I wash and before I condition. For some reason I have been conditioning then detangle before I style. But I realize that I need to use my detangling spray prior to applying conditioner because I can't comb the conditioner through????This doesn't happen all the time. The last time I washed I washed then conditioned then applied detangler and had no problems. What does this mean? Do I need to use porosity control?

I might be in the minority, but I detangle after I shampoo (or co-wash), then I apply my DC. My hair is soft enough after shampooing; I just detangle carefully from my ends to my roots.

I detangle as soon as I'm done with the wet process. After its all conditioned etc. My hair is the softest at this moment.

I detangle my hair before I cleanse my hair. I condition on dry hair with oils and honey in about 8 sections. Then I detangle each section and braid it. I wash my hair with the sectioned braids in. This method works fabulously for me.

I detangle with my fingers through out my shower routine. If I feel a snag, I just take it out. I try not to disturb my curls too much or my hair turns into a bush.

I detangle my hair before I cleanse my hair. I condition on dry hair with oils and honey in about 8 sections. Then I detangle each section and braid it. I wash my hair with the sectioned braids in. This method works fabulously for me.

:yep: This is how I detangle my hair also.

I've been detangling lately with just my fingers right before I wash and when I condition I'll either use my fingers again or a shower comb. When my hair is more than halfway dry I may break out my denman (if i'm styling, if i'm not styling then it stays as is).

I detangle after rinsing out my dc before applying my leave ins.

I cant detangle on soaking wet or hair thats full of conditioner. My hair is fine relaxed and fragile when wet

Right Before I wash..I saturate it w/ Mane & Tail Detangler and gently detangle. Detangling on wet hair is breakage city for me.

It depends. If I'm washing with shampoo, I coat my hair with coconut oil and detangle with my fingers prior to shampooing. After shampooing, I'll apply a lot of a cheapie conditioner and detangle and twist and 6 sections and then apply my dc.

If I'm co-washing, I detangle while washing with loads of conditioner.

I had a terrible mishap with knots and mattes the week before last, so I'm vigilant about getting the shed hair out of my cornrows when I undo them before washing.

I detangle my hair maybe every two weeks after I wash and deep condition my hair. Too lazy to do it after every wash.

i detangle after i shampoo. my process is:

pre poo/deep condition
shampoo
condition and detangle with honey hemp conditioner(this conditioner is amazing for detangling and keeping the hair soft and moisturized).

I detangle after a cowash only under the pressure of the water flowing from the shower head...haven't had any problems with tangles whenever I do this nor do I have a need for detangling spray. Hth!

I rinse my hair for a few minutes with plain water to get off product buildup then I add conditioner, detangle, and then rinse or just detangle as I rinse.

Back