What will be on your Dominican Product List for 2008? (LONG)

Is this the same as the Kuz Revitalizing Wax?

i use to go to her too. Wasn't happy.

Try Luisa's Hair Salons there are to locations, one in Apsen Hill and the other downtown Silver Spring. On the recommendation of one of my friends, I visited the SS location and was pleasantly pleased. The person that did my hair was Milady - pleasant answered my questions and worked well. One of the things I really liked was the way my hair felt after I left and the week that followed. The relaxer she put in my hair was the standard generic brand from the beauty supply store Action Beauty Supply, and she used Emergencia dc. That night I went to the gym (crazy right?, but I'm on a physical fitness mission) and did my normal full aerobics class workout and my hair as usual was completely soaked. After towel drying my hair and holding a cool blow dryer to it I rolled it up and was very happy my hair looked very good the next morning. In fact I worked out three more times that week and always got the same results.
My hair is short, with a very good haircut, I'm just beginning to let it to grow out, so when it's just dried with no bump from a flat iron or curlers it still has shape to it and I can wear it that way. I saw them doing some trimming of ends in the salon, but I'll stick to my regular guy for my haircuts and trims so I can keep the shape of my hair as it grows out. This is particularly important as I continue to workout and it can get very ugly to manage my hair and look presentable as I try to stretch the time between relaxers.

The website for the salons: http://www.luisahairsalons.com/. The price for the relaxer was $65.00 and I purchased the Emergencia from them for 20 - if you don't purchase the dc from them, it's an additional $10 on your tab, and you bring your dc with you for future visits. On line the products can be purchased for better prices. I thought Dominican salons were supposed to be less expensive, and it actually was a bit less considering the other salons in downtown Silver Spring. Oh yeah, unlike other salons I've visited I didn't get attitude, she worked only on me, and she was about her business 2.5 hours in and out. That is extremely important to me that I don't spend my time just waiting for a stylist to get my hair done - a few minutes sure, but there have been times at other salons the wait exceeds 20 minutes, not a good thing for me.

Blacklove

Last edited:
continue to use
silicon mix- i wasnt really sure about it at first but as my new growth came in this stuff has been a godsend
emergencia- my hair loves this stuff
lacio lacio- gives me great rollersets

want to try
sarlem 21- when i had my 1 and only blowout the stylist used this on me and i really liked it so i want to order some next time i stock up on products

not buy again
10 in 1- the first time i tried it i really liked it but ever since then it just hasn't done anything for my hair really dissapointing
alopecil canela y romaro shampoo- it stripped the hell out of my hair and i really dont think it does that much to combat shedding.

Keepers:
Silicon Mix
Capilo Avacado Condish
Nacidit Olive Oil Rinse
Nacidit Coconut Oil Rinse
Salerm 21 Leave in

To Try List:
Nacidit Olive Oil Condish
Miss Keys 10 en 1
Lafier Rinse

Still on the fence:
Capilo Sole & Cinnamon Rinse & Condish
Capilo 3 11 condish

Like but will not purchase again:
Capilo Milk & Honey condish
Nacidit Avacado Rinse

Did not like list:
Praital Silk Worm rinse (was okay at first, but I think I'll stick with SAA)
Una Bomba Condish & Rinse (absolutely hated this stuff)

Looks like the finalist for 2007 were:
  • Salerm 21
  • Silcone Mix
  • Salerm Wheat Germ Mask
I have others, but these are the ones I can't seem to make it without so they will be repurchased in 2008.

Continue to use:

Lacio Lacio

Juries still out on: Miss Keys 10 en 1. I used it after clarifying and it felt like it did NOTHING for me. I will try it again following a regular poo though.

Want to try:
Silicon Mix
Salerm 21
Nacidit Avocado Conditioner

For me, I think I will be getting the silicon mix and the emergencia. If I see something else I want, I'll come back and add it in this list, but for now, this is all I need.

My order just arrived from Beauty of NY - VERY quick shipping!!!

Is Salerm 21 B5 a deep conditioner or a leave in conditioner?

Thanks,

Blacklove

I will order next week

1.Kan Kanechom karite Butter Deep conditioner
2.Kuz straingthening Finishing Wax for Unruly hair

I'm a Dominican PJ...I've switchd over practically everything (w/a few exceptions) to Dominican products.

Continued staples will be/are:

Silicon Mix leave-in and Capilar Treatment (co-washes like nobody's business)
D'Fina 11 en 1 Conditioner
BPT or Nacidit Wheat Germ Poo and Rinse
Capilo 311 Rinse
Lady Fior Aceite de Oliva Poo
Toque Emergencia
Capilo Avocado & Carrot Cond
Alfaparf Semi de Lino Shine Drops (Italian product, but love it)
Color Showers cellophanes

May repurchase:
Nacidit Avocado Poo/Rinse/Cond ( I like them, but trying to narrow my product list)
Nutrine Garlic Cond (unscented smells really pleasant)
Capilo Suela y Canela Cond (really curbs my shedding issues)

Jury's still out on:
Wheat Germ DC (trying to figure out if this causes scalp irritation)
Nacidit leave-in (leaves my hair smelling fishy)

Won't repurchase:
Baba de Caracol leave-in (left my hair dull)
Capilo Silk Worm Poo (STINKS and over-dried my hair)
Alopecil- just okay for me
12 en 1 Rinse hate it

I'm sure I'll add more to this list at some point.

Last edited:
Keeper
Lacio Lacio: I'll give it another shot for my hair, but it's a keeper for baby girl's hair!

On the fence
Miss Key 10 en 1 Super Con...did nothing for me after shampooing, been using it as a prepoo, we'll see how it goes.

Want to try
Salerm 21...cuz so many people keep raving about it.

I haven't tried any Dominican products yet, but I do want to try: Miss Keys 10 en 1, Salerem 21 (I think that's what it's called), and Silicon Mix

I haven't tried Dominican products yet, but for this year I will try:

Silicon Mix: shampoo, leave in and treatment
Miss Key 10 en 1: conditioner
Lacio Lacio: leave in
Silk Worm: conditioner

Still thinking about:

The whole Salerm 21 brand.

Does anyone have more info on scalp drops?

Keepers:
Salerm 21
Salerm Wheat Germ
Lacio Lacio
Miss Keys 10 en 1
Capilo Avocado Conditioner

To Try:
Lots of things ! Especially Silicon Mix & Pratial Silk Worm

Never Again:
Capilo Suelo y Canilo
Nacidit Avocado Shampoo

Back