OMG! I think i over moisturized, its mushy

mzsophisticated26

I just noticed since my last wash that my hair is really mushy. Last week I washed with CON, DC with silk elements luxury moisturizing cond applied a little lacio lacio. I felt my hair being alittle different then but I thought it was because I used silk elements for the first time so I just thought it was softness. Now I washed my hair last night and it was so mushy I could not stand to touch it. I have been moisturizing with scurl and JBCO everday for the past 2 weeks. I used GVP joico k pak 2weeks ago but I did not use it again because I started to shed a lot after using it. This is my first time having this issue, what can I do?

Fighting this very thing right now. I'm now 9 wks post and I've been noticing breakage but very long strands. I've been really good about moisturizing daily and sealing w oil, sometimes twice a day. I'm still not sure what mushy hair really feels like I just know I haven't done a protein treatment for 2 months and I already clarified. I did a search and found that relaxed hair really needs protein more often so after todays treatment w aphopgee 2 min. I'm going to do some sort of protein weekly. Hopefully this will stop the breakage in its tracks.

Okay do I need to do a hard core I guess aphoghee would be considered hard protein right? I have the GVP joico k pak would that work?

Bim- it feels extremely slick when the water hits it and gooey like even with no cond or poo just plain wate

I had this very same problem recently. This is what I'm doing to handle it:

On dc day, I first clarify and cowash with a protein cond (currently JASON 70% plant protein). On my other wash day, I cowash with a moisturizing cond., then add Garnier Length and Strength leave-in to my regular leave-in mix. This is helping so far.:yep:
Good luck

I would just reapply the Joico, being sure to follow the directions on the bottle. I'm not sure about the GVP stuff. I have used actual Joico K-Pak and that's some serious protein. I think you'll be OK with it. My mistake was that I left it on way longer than the bottle said to and I had breakage from it. You definitely need protein though.

Back