How does your hair dry?

HairTemptress

Hey ladies,

Quick question, for my relaxed ladies who cowash how does your hair dry?

I have always cowashed my hair , but i have just started to let it dry loose til about 80% and then put it up in what ever style i choose (bun or braid).

I noticed that my hair is drying wavy, and i have no idea where its coming from.

Does anyone elses hair dry wavy?..kinda like this:

images

Info on my hair:
i relax every 6 mo, i have some spots in my hair that are underprocessed and some that are straight. But the underprocessed hair is in small amounts.

My hair dries in a poof. I airdry, so I comb through it every 30 minutes while it's drying. I do notice some waves mixed in with the poofy parts though.

If I use the scarf method and let the rest hang loose, it dries bone straight with the exception of a few underprocessed parts. Its never dried wavy like yours HairTemptress

Thanks ladies..i think i mayyyyyyy be slightly texlaxed but not on purpose. Its moreso that i after stretching for 6 mo. my hair is hard to get through..so my hairdresser underprocesses it by accident.

so maybe thats the reason for my hair to be drying wavy....hmmm

When we relax our hair it is not supposed to be bone straight it will keep a slight wave to it. I dont consider that texlaxed because that is how it is supposed to be.

Texlaxed IMHO has more wave.

When we relax our hair it is not supposed to be bone straight

@Myjourney2009 many people who relax their hair do it bone straight...I don't see anything wrong with it as long as it's not overprocessed (breaking, scalp damage). For example most of my hair is bone straight and I've had health/growth/retention. I think that's just your opinion but you're stating like it's fact

@Myjourney2009 many people who relax their hair do it bone straight...I don't see anything wrong with it as long as it's not overprocessed (breaking, scalp damage). For example most of my hair is bone straight and I've had health/growth/retention. I think that's just your opinion but you're stating like it's fact

AlliCat

Basesd on what I wrote I never said I had a probelm with people going bone straight, that is up to the person. I just wrote that when we relax it is not supposed to be bone straight. The hair should be left with some texture whether it be a slight wave or a bit more so that it maintains its integrity and elasticity.

I'm relaxed and I ponytail rollerset then airdry. If I'm feeling lazy I only do 2 ponytails and add a few rollers then airdry. Either way my hair dries smooth.

My hair air dries half straight/half wavy. The areas that are bone straight air dry straight. Those areas where I'm under processed air dry really wavy. I'm torn. I like wavy but I don't like the work/demands wavy requires.

for all you ladies whose hair dries wavy or with some wave isit because your hair is not bone straight or has some underprocessed areas?

I'm texlaxed....if I allow my hair to airdry "loosely," it looks like a floppy afro. It reminds me of how my natural hair would look after a blowdry.

Back