What does your amla powder look like?

HoneyDew

I am asking because I just got a batch from HennaSooq and it was so nice. It is a light brown color and well sifted. I had no problem rinsing this or my henna out today.

Anyway, the only amla powder I ever bought was from an Indian Grocery store in a retail package. This one:
Amla_Powder.jpg

Well after using HennaSooq's powder I want to throw the Hesh out. It was DARK brown and hard packed and stiff like clay dirt. :confused: I could hardly use it. It did not even smell like the powder from HennaSooq.

Before I throw out this Hesh Amla powder, I just want to know what how your amla powders look. Maybe this Hesh is just old and stale.

Hey Honey Dew: I think that box of Amla may be old. I use the same brand and it's loose, powdery and light brown.

blac_quarian said:
Hey Honey Dew: I think that box of Amla may be old. I use the same brand and it's loose, powdery and light brown.

ewwww. And I used that stuff once. It made my entire mixture gritty and turned me off of using Amla Powder.

Thanks, for responding!! I am glad that I got a fresh batch from HennaSooq.

I've used Hesh amla powder before and it was light brown, almost tan smelled great and was very finely sifted.

Yeah same here,
Honey Dew I used this same Hesh brand and had great results - Fotki. It was light brown and smelled fine. Have you tried changing your mix up a bit to see what kind of results you get? My mix was smooth and I had it on for 90 mins and it was still moist.

dlewis said:
I have some from From nature with love and it's lite brown.

That's where I get mine too. It's light brown and soft... well powdery. I shouldn't look like brown sugar. :nono:

sareca said:
That's where I get mine too. It's light brown and soft... well powdery. I shouldn't look like brown sugar. :nono:

That is exactly, what it looked like except even brown sugar flows better than this stuff. It was hard packed like clay or dirt.

TemiLnd said:
Yeah same here,
Honey Dew I used this same Hesh brand and had great results - Fotki. It was light brown and smelled fine. Have you tried changing your mix up a bit to see what kind of results you get? My mix was smooth and I had it on for 90 mins and it was still moist.

girl, I threw that stuff out. No telling how long they had that stuff on the shelf. I did use and ox of it once, but I don't want to use something that is stale and old like that. I am just glad I did get my order from Henna Sooq. Used an ounce of it with about 4 oz. of henna last night and it was wonderful. :D

I know is has been said, but these herbal treatments are WONDERFUL!! My hair feels so good today.

Back