What do you use in...

mochamadness said:
I use either lacio lacio or salerm + water. My hair is always soft and shiny after I take the rollers out.
OT: Just want to say I love your hair Mochamadness and your techniques!:)

I use Kera Care Setting Foam and Aveda Damage Control. When I'm trying to get through the new growth, I use Giovanni Leave In Direct.

Isis said:
Any oil or pomade would do to seal in the moisture. Or you can use a serum if you have that. Just don't go heavy on the oils.

I use just a little Aveda Anti-Humectant (actually a pomade) on my dripping wet hair after applying leave-in and/or Aveda serum.
I airdry in my rollersets and my hair is smooth and bouncy. So I don't think your dryer being hot enough has to do with frizziness, probably not the oil either. More than likely it's your technique. Make sure you are getting your hair tight on the roller and keeping it there, letting your hair dry all the way before removing them. Make sure you aren't using too much hair on the roller too.

WOW!!

I did another rollerset last nite-

NTM+ Fantasia IC heat protectant+ Garnier fructis leave-in+ CO=

Beautiful!:clap:

I ast under the dryer for 30 min, but air dryed the rest.

I am SSOOO tickled!!:woot:

THANX YA'LL!:notworthy

:up: to ISIS!

1strollersetJan07.jpg

Last edited:
Allandra said:
I use a leave in conditioner.
I'm with you. I don't use setting lotions or anything like that to rollerset my hair. For me, the less I put in my hair, the better my rollerset comes out. I've figured that for me, putting anything extra weighs down my hair.

Giovanni Direct Leave-In and water. Nice, bouncy, soft curls everytime.:) I hate setting lotions--they make my hair dry and crispy!:mad:

I get great results with the following products everytime:
Lacio Lacio
BBD Butter Wrap Lotion
Nairobi Foam Wrap

AKA-Tude said:
WOW!!

I did another rollerset last nite-

NTM+ Fantasia IC heat protectant+ Garnier fructis leave-in+ CO=

Beautiful!:clap:

I ast under the dryer for 30 min, but air dryed the rest.

I am SSOOO tickled!!:woot:

THANX YA'LL!:notworthy

:up: to ISIS!

1strollersetJan07.jpg

Your hair looks great.

If your hair came out hard you probably need to add water to the setting lotion. I add water to mine also run a creamy leave-in conditioner tjrough my wet hair before I set it.

Back