What do you think about interfaith prayer meetings?

What do you think about interfaith prayer meetings?

• I'm all for it!

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • I'm against it.

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Glib Gurl

Iown know . . . while I am all for working cooperatively on matters of social justice (which most world religions include as part of their mission), I don't know how I feel about praying alongside people of different faiths . . . once in the beauty shop I heard folks talking about how different spirits war against each other in that type of environment. But then again, if I know what I believe in and who I stand for, I shouldn't have any concern or fear . . . right?

What are your thoughts?

cutiebe2

at my school we have an interfaith center...each religion has their own community but it is a place to get together as religious people in general and just be accepting and loving of each other

there is a thanksgiving meal there too and its great...not focused on praying or each other's God, but just being together, getting to know each other, and loving all people.

I would'nt participate, neither attend such functions.

We do not worship nor serve the same God.

For Jesus said, "I am the door to the sheepfiold. If any man come up any other way, he is a thief and a robber."

"That at the name of Jesus, every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord."

The Lord Jesus Christ is the only way to God The Father. We can receive salvation only through Him.

No matter what is said, there is no other way to have The Father without The Son. Upon acceptance of Jesus, you receive His Father, because He and The Father are one. Upon this, you immediately receive The Holy Ghost.

Last edited:

missykeyana

I wouldn't participate or go to interfaith meetings, because that would be acknowledging that there is more than one way to God, and that's not true. There's only one way, through Jesus Christ.

HeChangedMyName

I wouldn't participate either. It would make sense that if people of different religious beliefs were all praying to their "god" on issues that there could potentially be some spiritual ramifications that we may not immediately see. The one that comes to mind is for my own salvation to be at risk, That would be like going along with the idolaters and worshipping as though what they were doing is ok.

Raspberry

Sound nice in theory, but a deception in reality, the enemy likes people to pursue "a form of godliness while denying it's power." I think they are a precursor of things to come..

cheetarah1980

If only to have an Elijah moment.

Hi Cheetarah1980,

What does that mean?^^^^

When the offering was put on the altar and everyone prayed to Baal to spontaneously set the offering on fire. They danced, they chanted and prayed and it just wouldn't happen. Elijah then doused the alter with water, dug a trench of water around it, and asked the LORD to set it ablaze. And of course the God of Israel came through with so much might and power that not only did the offering burn up so did all the water. And once again it was proven that the God of Israel is the one true God.
This thread brought that to mind for me.

Nefertiti0906

I wouldn't mind attending interfaith meetings to discuss my faith and learning theirs, purely from a academic point of view.

However I will not worship or pray with them because I do not believe that we're worshipping the same God.

Cichelle

I used to be a part of an interfaith council, where we discussed various social issues and what could be done about them, among other things. We would alternate who led the introduction (read: prayer). If someone led a prayer that was specific to their religion, then I would stand in respect. But I would not actually close my eyes, say "amen" or anything else that marked an agreement. Generally, I'd say the Shema in my head. Most of the people on that council were Christians of varying denominations. My favorite "leader" was a Quaker, who led off with moments of silent reflection.

I don't pray together with other religions, but I have been a part of a collective prayer where everyone prayed individually for one thing.

Hi Cichelle,

What does HaShem Echad mean?

I ask because earlier, I learned that Kaddish haShem means Hallowing of GOD'S Name. I also wrote my first Hebrew word - shalom. I was so excited!

I "stumbled" across this website called Hebrew4Christians.com. I've started to study Hebrew because of it.

Thanks in advance for answering my question.

Cichelle

Hi Cichelle,

What does HaShem Echad mean?

I ask because earlier, I learned that Kaddish haShem means Hallowing of GOD'S Name. I also wrote my first Hebrew word - shalom. I was so excited!

I "stumbled" across this website called Hebrew4Christians.com. I've started to study Hebrew because of it.

Thanks in advance for answering my question.

It means Gd is One.

Ha Shem literally means "The Name" and is used by some Jews in place of writing out or saying sacred names for Gd outside of prayer and/or study.

HTH

:)