What do you consider SHORT hair?

I think the military considers short hair above the collar. Anything over that is too long.

I consider chin length and above as short.
Shoulder length and below is long.

I think if I had waist length hair I would look like "Cousin It" so bras strap without being stretched is long enough for me.

By the way Honeydrop, I know I'm late, but your avatar is funny as all get-out! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Short: Chin length and above
Medium: Below chin length to collarbone length
Long: Past collarbone length to bra-strap
Very Long: past bra-strap to waist
Reduckulously LONG: Past waist
:::::::::::::
Ok, just to put a little twist on the question. Are your opinions of short, medium, and long the same for non-black women as well?

YES, because when you think about it even though a lot of people are saying that there aren't a lot of black women with very long hair. I see a lot of white women and most of them have long hair, but not really long hair *according to my scale* I guess some people are saying that white women have the potential or are more likely to have long to very long hair vs black women, but in the real world most of them do not wear their hair that long.

[ QUOTE ]
Ayeshia said:
Short hair to me is hair that cant be put into a ponytail...or chin length and up /images/graemlins/smile.gif. Shoulder length hair is medium length to me.

[/ QUOTE ]
ditto!

I'll say shoulder length and above and the race of the person is not a factor to me. I am basing this on my current understanding of what shoulder length is.

Before I came to hair boards, I had a completely different idea of what shoulder length was. For most of my college years, I kept my hair cut a few inches below my shoulders. But, if I called a new hairdresser to make an appointment and they asked how long my hair was, I would say "shoulder length." To me, shoulder length meant that the hair tumbled down over and below the shoulders to completely cover them. Now, after visiting hair boards, shoulder length to me means that it stops right at the shoulders and goes no further.

If a person has a very long neck, their shoulder length hair might look unusually long to me, though. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Ayeshia said:
Short hair to me is hair that cant be put into a ponytail...or chin length and up /images/graemlins/smile.gif. Shoulder length hair is medium length to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree

[ QUOTE ]
MonaLisa said:
Heyyyy Britt...NY representin! lol. Nice hair girl!
Shiny and thick! I'm tryin ta be like u! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Mona! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

The height and/or race of the person isn't a factor for me, either.

To me shoulder length and above is short. 1 inch below shoulder to bottom of BSL (bra-strap length) is medium. One inch below that to waist is long. Anything past waist length I consider extra-long.

close cropped cut: very short (pixie)
chin to shoulder: short
shoulder to armpit: medium
brastrap to waistlength: long
past waistlength: very long

My hair is collar bone and it is short to me so I guess anything below that. But the same length may look different on different people. I see others with collar bone length hair and their hair looks so much longer than mine so I guess it depends on the persons neck length, height etc..

[ QUOTE ]
mysweetevie said:
If it can't go into a ponytail with hangtime.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Carlie said:
I've come to find out that I have "hair anorexia." Therefore, I am not qualified to answer this question. /images/graemlins/look.gif

[/ QUOTE ] /images/graemlins/lachen70.gif

[ QUOTE ]
To me, above the chin is short. Chin to bra strap is medium. Bra strap and longer is long.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Ayeshia said:

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/smile.gif Yep.

i'm with DSD i consider my hair short but i think anything longer than this goes into the medium realm
Short: bald to shoulder sitting on not just barely touching
medium: shoulder to above bra strap
long: brastrap to the toes
body proportion may make a difference too

I think anything chin length and above is short...medium length is neck length to collarbone, and long is past collarbone and beyond....

[ QUOTE ]
model_chick717 said:
I think anything chin length and above is short...medium length is neck length to collarbone, and long is past collarbone and beyond....

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

[ QUOTE ]
ms_kenesha said:
Short: Chin length and above
Medium: Below chin length to collarbone length
Long: Past collarbone length to bra-strap
Very Long: past bra-strap to waist
Reduckulously LONG: Past waist
:::::::::::::
Ok, just to put a little twist on the question. Are your opinions of short, medium, and long the same for non-black women as well?

YES, because when you think about it even though a lot of people are saying that there aren't a lot of black women with very long hair. I see a lot of white women and most of them have long hair, but not really long hair *according to my scale* I guess some people are saying that white women have the potential or are more likely to have long to very long hair vs black women, but in the real world most of them do not wear their hair that long.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah so true, ms kenesha... they GENERALLY have the genetic disposition to grow hair longer than people of african descent, but a lot of them chose to wear their hair short or shorter than their natural growth cycle.

Well boo hoo,
smily084.gif
my feeling hurt. my hair short. But on the bright side, its longer than its ever been thanks to LHCF
7.gif
. Cause its just growing & growing and...

Back