What do you consider SHORT hair?

MizAvalon

There are always posts about what we all think is long hair, waist length hair, etc. I'm curious to know what everyone considers to be SHORT hair? IMO, short hair is touching shoulder blades and up.

I've come to find out that I have "hair anorexia." Therefore, I am not qualified to answer this question. /images/graemlins/look.gif

Short hair to me is hair that cant be put into a ponytail...or chin length and up /images/graemlins/smile.gif. Shoulder length hair is medium length to me.

[ QUOTE ]
Ayeshia said:
Short hair to me is hair that cant be put into a ponytail...or chin length and up /images/graemlins/smile.gif. Shoulder length hair is medium length to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I think also!

Short hair is anything above shoulder length to me. But then again, I think I have a different idea of shouler length than some people. Shoulder length to me is not touching or brushing the shoulders but more like collarbone length where it is still at your shoulders.

Oh and I've always felt this was short, even before LHCF.

Good question. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Before LHCF: Halle length.

After LHCF: Bottom of neck (and above) length.

My hair....
Anything above the shoulder. then shoulders is medium and past collarbone is long.

To me, above the chin is short. Chin to bra strap is medium. Bra strap and longer is long.

If someone's hair was slightly above their shoulders, I still wouldn't say it was short.

[ QUOTE ]
Valerie said:
[ QUOTE ]
Ayeshia said:

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I think also!

[/ QUOTE ]

me 3!!

[ QUOTE ]
dreemssold said:
To me, above the chin is short. Chin to bra strap is medium. Bra strap and longer is long.

If someone's hair was slightly above their shoulders, I still wouldn't say it was short.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah what she said /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Tonya said:
Webby your hair is NOT short. It is medium...IMO

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/rofl.gif k, I stand corrected.

Ok, just to put a little twist on the question. Are your opinions of short, medium, and long the same for non-black women as well? I ask because just this weekend I got the "long for a black girl" comment from a guy. My hair is a little past bra-strap which I consider to be medium, but I have a sneaking suspicion that this person probably still would have made that comment even if my hair were shorter.

Anything above shoulder is short..I personally think bra strap is long, not medium though. Waist is REALLY long.. Maybe my opinions will change when I reach bra strap..

no, i still think a non blk girl with above shoulder hair is short.

bra strap hair isnt long to me depending on the person. on a short person, bra strap hair probably doesnt have the same effect as on a tall person.

now seeing a non blk girl with bra strap hair, isnt long IMO. a blk girl with bra strap hair is long to me because i dont see it all the time.

but above shoulder is still short.

This also doesn't take into account that curly hair grows outwardly before it grows down and sometimes it doesn't grow down at all. So these answers seem really subjective and/or based on straightened hair.

[ QUOTE ]
MizAvalon said:
My hair is a little past bra-strap which I consider to be medium

[/ QUOTE ]

Okaaaaaaaaaay if MizAvalon's lil past bra-strap is medium...then I might as well say I'm bald headed... /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

[ QUOTE ]
MonaLisa said:
[ QUOTE ]
MizAvalon said:
My hair is a little past bra-strap which I consider to be medium

[/ QUOTE ]

Okaaaaaaaaaay if MizAvalon's lil past bra-strap is medium...then I might as well say I'm bald headed... /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop it Mona! /images/graemlins/kiss.gif

Anything 3 inches above shoulder is considered short to me. Shoulder length and beyond is somewhere between medium and long-TO ME. Before joining this website...I've never seen a Black person with bra clasp length and longer [well except this older lady I was related to]. It's just not that common...so anything past the shoulders is long to me.

To me, right now my current hair length is what I consider short. In order for hair not to be considered short in my eyes it has to be about 4-5 inches below the shoulder, even then it's still not the longest hair in the world, but no longer short. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]
MizAvalon said:
Ok, just to put a little twist on the question. Are your opinions of short, medium, and long the same for non-black women as well?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

[ QUOTE ]
Ayeshia said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I agreee.
Realistically, on a daily basis you don't see tons of blk. women with bra strap hair. This is not to be taken offense to, I know there are blk. women with long hair but I see shorter hair more often. Therefore, bra strap to me is considered very long /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Heyyyy Britt...NY representin! lol. Nice hair girl!
Shiny and thick! I'm tryin ta be like u! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back