washing cornrows

jaded_faerie

is it possible to shampoo and condition my hair once a week while it is in cornrows....i know most likely it will frizz up, and that is what i am trying to avoid....is there any way?
I plan on getting my hair cornrowed sometime next week with extensions.

jaded_faerie said:
is it possible to shampoo and condition my hair once a week while it is in cornrows....i know most likely it will frizz up, and that is what i am trying to avoid....is there any way?
I plan on getting my hair cornrowed sometime next week with extensions.

Can you shampoo & condition your hair once a week with cornrows? Yes. Can you avoid the frizz? No. Is there any way? No.

But what I've done on occasion, to help ease up on the frizz is after I wash/condition I slick down the cornrows with castor oil and tie on a scarf real tight, for abt 20-30 mins. When you take off the scarf, the frizzies will be smushed against the cornrow. From a distance you wont be able to see frizz, and up close your cornrows won't look as neat as before the wash, but the hair will still lie down pretty smooth. BTW my hair is natural...if your's is permed, you may have less frizz to begin with even after a wash. Only thing is, if you're washing your cornrows 1xc a week they'll slip out quicker.

Good luck!

K.

thanks i havent relaxed in 3 months...and i want to keep my cornrows in for 2-3 weeks at a time....i doubt i can go that long without washing :(

my sis uses a stocking cap when she washes with cornrows in. she dilutes the poo and pours it on, leaves if for a few mins and rinses all with the stocking cap on, just to keep the hair laying as flat as possible. hth

my sis uses a stocking cap when she washes with cornrows in. she dilutes the poo and pours it on, leaves if for a few mins and rinses all with the stocking cap on, just to keep the hair laying as flat as possible. hth

Yep, that's what I did when I had my cornrows. I kind of patted my braids with my hand and used my finger to gently wipe the scalp.

Back