Waistlength in a year by way of bunning...

ok so maybe I was a little confused, I had to dbl check my hair length since sometimes I get confused. I'm fully SL and maybe an inch and a half away from APL :perplexed but is that still long enough to bun??

Bunning is the business. I've been tailbone length before from wearing buns and I'm back on a mission again! I've been bunning consistently for 4 months and the results are amazing.[/QUOTE]

This just motivated me. I have NEVER EVER bunned for 3 months every single day. If I can reach 3 months then I will be on my way to bunning for a year. My problem is on relaxer day I want to "whip my hair".....LOL!

[USER=374645 said:
JosieLynn[/USER];17859367]ok so maybe I was a little confused, I had to dbl check my hair length since sometimes I get confused. I'm fully SL and maybe an inch and a half away from APL :perplexed but is that still long enough to bun??

That should be long enough to bun. You should give it a try.

Now that my hair is long enough to bun again and look good, that's all I do: moisturise and bun. That's how I made it to WL before going natural.

Now that my hair is long enough to bun again and look good, that's all I do: moisturise and bun. That's how I made it to WL before going natural.

HoneyA I am finally enjoying bunning after all these years of attempting to. I just change them up. I can't wait to say I made it to waist length!!!

I can tell you from experience that the Wanekee method is the business! :bdance: Really wish that I had stuck to this regime back in the day. Relaxed hair grew from shoulder to MBL literally in a matter of months. I didn't always bun per say but never combed hair unless it had conditioner in it (didn't even own a brush), no elastic bands, never touched my hair unless it was a primary focus and I could devote total attention to it, roller set every week, no direct heat for a year. The stylist who did my relaxers at that time was like "what the heck are you doing because your hair is growing like grass." Also, this was before I knew enough to focus on diet, vitamins and water in-take -- so growth was all about maintenance and careful handling. I remember that I usually just pulled roller set back (or up) into a silk covered pony tail holder and, as an alternate when I wanted to wear hair out, in order to get that bumped/curling iron look, I would simply pin curl my hair at night, wear a bonnet. After taking it down and finger combing, I literally did not touch my hair until the next night. Now that I am "tex-laxed" after growing out under sew-ins, I'm going back to Wanekee's old school, tried, tested and true advice. (Recently decided to abandon the notion of growth aids and work on relying on and encouraging natural, unaltered sebum for "fuel" instead; this regime will be a nice complement.) Thanks for the inspiration.

Do you think it's the same for naturals?
I'm wondering about possible breakage in the bun location or edges. I hear people talk about moving the bun bun low buns look better on me so it has to be really high or low. And quite frankly really makes me look quite young.

Do you think it's the same for naturals?
I'm wondering about possible breakage in the bun location or edges. I hear people talk about moving the bun bun low buns look better on me so it has to be really high or low. And quite frankly really makes me look quite young.

Yes, it is. I think bunning was a key factor in me making WL. I just make them loose so that my hair isn't being yanked. Women in the days of yore wore their hair up most of their adult lives and their hair looked just fine when they got old.

Yes, it is. I think bunning was a key factor in me making WL. I just make them loose so that my hair isn't being yanked. Women in the days of yore wore their hair up most of their adult lives and their hair looked just fine when they got old.

Enyo

Do you mostly bun dry or wet. I know you moisturize but is your buns always damp?

...there was an old thread where a girl shared her story how she went from maybe shoulder length to waistlength in a year by bunning 24-7. I can't find this old thread with the search engine, does anyone out there remember this post? It was like a long interview, with the girl sharing her tips. She had an extremely simple regimen of washing, conditioning and bunning, and in a year she must have gained like 8 inches. I would love to re-read this thread. Does this ring a bell to anyone?

I am trying to find this old thread myself. The links are different now.

I am trying to find this old thread myself. The links are different now.
Might it be this one?

Thank you so much for this @blessedandfavoured ...cant wait to read it.
I have substituted my wash and go efforts with wash and buns for the past 6 months and my hair absolutely loves it! I have gradually improved my hair's elasticity and moisture level. I do take a few days break every week from buns so I don't overdo any one style on my hair.

The beginning already got my attention; I totally agree:
"As for myself, after using everything from "magic" hair grease to hair vitamins, I'd found that common sense and patience were the main things I needed."

Thank you so much for this @blessedandfavoured ...cant wait to read it.
I have substituted my wash and go efforts with wash and buns for the past 6 months and my hair absolutely loves it! I have gradually improved my hair's elasticity and moisture level. I do take a few days break every week from buns so I don't overdo any one style on my hair.

The beginning already got my attention; I totally agree:
"As for myself, after using everything from "magic" hair grease to hair vitamins, I'd found that common sense and patience were the main things I needed."
Do you still use gels for your wash and buns? & what is your usual routine when doing them?

I've been getting back to doing this for the past 2-3 weeks now. I feel a slight difference in my hair, it feels heavier. I'm aiming for Hip Length by the end of the year. :yep:

I've just been leaving my hair in a bun until Sunday when I detangle, shampoo, deep condition for an hour, and then I put in my moisturizer, oil, and then a gel to keep my buns curly.

I'm also taking the Nature's Bounty Advanced gummy vitamins...so I'll be taking pics along the way and Reveal in December to see how far I've come, although February will be my 6 month mark of doing this.

So... I should probably go and read the old threads... but does bunning include pineapples?
I sleep in a pineapple on top of my head, (and a smaller poof at the back)
And I wear a silk scarf to protect my back and edges at night.

If I go out during the day, I just freshen up my pineapple (re-pineapple it) leave some curls out on the side, moisturize and leave.

This has been my lazy routine since April.
I don't know if my hair is growing any faster than usual....

(I guess I should have taken some measurement pics this year to document where my hair was)

I love when old threads get bumped.

I do believe this to be true. I did a weekly wash and bun routine all of September and I retained a lot of moisture and all my length. I'm currently in knotless braids but I'm probably going to be bunning all through winter and spring 2021.

There are several other threads that bestow the virtues of frequent bunning.

I started burning again in September and I am going to continue burning thru next year as well. I had so much success with it before. I am also going to be consistent with my supplements, especially my iron because when I stop my hair shed sooo much.

Back