Waistlength in a year by way of bunning...

:yep: I've been bunning for about 2 months now, and have let my hair down once or twice during the process, but I think it's really helping.

bumping for those who haven't read this. i just picked up three inches since june by doing this, and i have read countless other success stories (Babygurl, MCrzyGr, LaFemmeNaturelle) from those who incorporate bunning.

i couldn't open the link. i would love to read about her experience. but i wore my hair in a ponytail for a year straight. i would detangle once a month and only washed with conditioners. when i finally got to a hair dresser i discovered i had grown out my hair to elbow length. i think i will bun for four months starting in october.

I also tried to open the link a few times and it wouldnt work for me either; thought it was just my computer
Im dying to view the link. Omachine your such an inspiration, I just started bunning, and will continue to to so since so many have had tremendous success with it.

Lisa you are too sweet...thanks so much for that remark and much success in your efforts!!!

I also tried to open the link a few times and it wouldnt work for me either; thought it was just my computer
Im dying to view the link. Omachine your such an inspiration, I just started bunning, and will continue to to so since so many have had tremendous success with it.

Bumping......

I've been bunning for almost 4 months now and it works!

This was me back in 2009 and I'm still bunning almost 3 years later! :drunk:

Giving this thread a loving bump because this is what inspired me to start bunning in the first place! :yep:

Man all I want to do is bun really lol. It's getting to a bun that I think is the hardest. Definitely by next year I'll be able to and hopefully sooner.

This thread is awesome!!! Thanks for bumping it ladies!!!... I was going to ps until sept but I think I'm just going to try and bun a full year...may 12- may 13... Fingers crossed I make it =)

Yes thanks for bumping! I was planning on getting tree braids but the cost was over $200 =( Maybe I just need to moisturize and bun every day...

The problem is my newgrowth is wild. Its soft, but frizzy. Any suggestions for making a nice slicked back bun?

Yes thanks for bumping! I was planning on getting tree braids but the cost was over $200 =( Maybe I just need to moisturize and bun every day...

The problem is my newgrowth is wild. Its soft, but frizzy. Any suggestions for making a nice slicked back bun?

^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^, I always wanted a bun without too much product but my hair would look like a fuzzball...I have to use gel (albeit natural gel) or lots of conditioner, there's no other way for me....

I have been bunning every day since march 4th- hair- versary (1st). My hair isn't at my APL goal length yet( CBL), so I make a small bun and wrap bulk braiding hair around it. I add hair accessories and it looks nice- so my students say

Last edited:
This thread was one the reasons I started bunning, I believe it is also another thread on bunning for growth as well.. I'm currently in a bun right now :) This is the only protective style that I always do b/c I know it works for me. Although my bun is boring and not creative, I love the results..

This thread was one the reasons I started bunning, I believe it is also another thread on bunning for growth as well.. I'm currently in a bun right now :) This is the only protective style that I always do b/c I know it works for me. Although my bun is boring and not creative, I love the results..

I"M A BUNNER TOO

Bunning is the business. I've been tailbone length before from wearing buns and I'm back on a mission again! I've been bunning consistently for 4 months and the results are amazing.

I wear buns or my hair twisted up and secured with a clip 99% of the time. It's a major reason I only have to trim once per yr and only have to remove 1/4", if that much. Bunning is also a main reason why ive been able to grow my hair to WL TWICE since July 2008, and have healthy hair to show for it (my avid PS'ing). My hair makes my back n neck hot when down, so PS are also for convenience and comfort.

Last edited:
at what length did you think your hair was long enough to bun?? I'm right at APL but my hair is so fine and baby thin I'm afraid my buns would be super anemic lol. Did anyone have the same problem?

Back