Waist Length in 2009 Challenge

I'm about 2 inches away from BSL. Does anyone know, on average because I know not everyone's measurements are the same, how many inches are between BSL and WL? I figure that from now to December 2009 I will have at least grown 7 inches of hair (because that's 14 months). So if BSL to waist length is around 7 inches I should definitely be able to make it by '09.

Im 5"4 and it is about 6 inches or more from BSL - WL on me

Im 5"4 and it is about 6 inches or more from BSL - WL on me

Thank you. I measured the distance from BSL to WL on me with my flexible ruler and found out it's about 8 inches from the top of my bra strap and six inches from the bottom of my bra strap. Overall I think I have 10 inches to grow before I'm WL. I hope I'll make it by December 09' :rolleyes:.

Thank you. I measured the distance from BSL to WL on me with my flexible ruler and found out it's about 8 inches from the top of my bra strap and six inches from the bottom of my bra strap. Overall I think I have 10 inches to grow before I'm WL. I hope I'll make it by December 09' :rolleyes:.

I really admire your optimism:yep:. I probably won't get to WL until 2014.

Last edited:
Are there any other Ayurvedic ladies in this challenge? If so, what's your reggie? Are you making any changes to your reggie or styling practices to make the push to WL?

Are there any other Ayurvedic ladies in this challenge? If so, what's your reggie? Are you making any changes to your reggie or styling practices to make the push to WL?

You might want to send a pm to AngelDoll. She is at WL already I think and she's an avid user of ayurveda products. Her hair is absolutley stunning too.

For Ediese: I had to edit my question because you already answered one in the OP. I just wanted to know would there be a mid-challenge length reveal. TIA :).

Last edited:
yup i'm 5'8+" with a long torso
so it takes a while to reach these milestones
i just failed the waistlength by end of summer 2008 challenge :lachen:
so i'm ready to try again
i have to make it sometime this year!
i am below bra strap now
don't have a starting pic cuz i don't plan on str8ening
haven't since june
maybe in a few weeks...

sign me up!
and thanks ediese 4 starting this :yep:

Can i be added to the WL Challenge 2009 please? I am currently 2 inches from BSL. i think i should reach full bsl by dec 2008. Thats if i continue to use my MEGA-TEK 3x a week.

Thanks

I would like to join, please. I'm a challenge virgin. This will be my 1st one. Here's my starting pic taken on 10/1/08.

Attachments

• 124.jpg
    124.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
How did I miss this?...I'm in too. I just did a thread 2 days ago, about my getting a full sew-in weave as a protective style, so I can get to waist length by the end of February 2009. OP please add me to the challenge. I'll be back to post my starting pics. Thanks
ETA: Here is my current length. I need a solid 4 inches to reach FULL waistlength. I'm currently wearing a full sew-in weave to reach my goal and to give my hair a break from the hot comb.
hairshots12-14-2007042.jpg

your hair is gorgeous... what is your hair type?

Add me to the list. I'm going to make my deadline Dec 31st, @ 11:59-1/2. I've been using braids to help me and it has worked so far. I got some great growth. I'll be keeping it simple. 2 months in braids, 1 month out. I usually use a glycerin, water mix spray on braids and loose hair. Conditioner washes weekly and shampoo twice monthly.
Basic multi-vitamin, work outs, sleep and a great diet will get me to my goal. I'll post a starting pic (once I get another working camera) and update my fotki.

I can't wait!!

Ok so I am not so good and being in challenges, but I really want to get me hair waist length. The end of 2009 seems fair if I maintain caring for my hair. I am getting it pressed on Saturday for my starting pic. It may not be too different from my avatar which is from July, since I been slacking. Lets hope for the best. Good luck ladies!!

I hadn't realised there was a WL 2009 challenge but I'd set it as a goal anyway so count me in!:yep:

ETA: by December 2009. That gives me time to have the type of WL hair I want.

*deep breath* I want to join. I am MID Back and I hope to make Waist Length by Dec of 2009. Here is my starting pic. LongHairDon'tCare and Aggie this is for you all!!!

OT: How do I subscribe to this thread? I want to stay on top of this challenge.

Attachments

• IMG_2042.jpg
    IMG_2042.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 31
*deep breath* I want to join. I am MID Back and I hope to make Waist Length by Dec of 2009. Here is my starting pic. LongHairDon'tCare and Aggie this is for you all!!!

:clap: Yay, good for you honey. See I knew you could do it. There is no reason for you to be nervous honey. We have your back sweetie and will cheer you on right here from the sideline. You can do it.

Your hair looks great. I definitely think you'll make it. HHG!

Ok, I'm in too. This is my first challenge I believe. I have already begun wearing only protective styles with no heat whatsoever. I am wearing only phony ponies and partial wigs until I get to waistlength. It's easier to do protective styles in the winter in my opinion.:ohwell: I hope to accomplish this by the end of the summer 2009. :yep:

Checking in. It will be cold soon and I am trying to figure out exactly what I will do to my hair in place of wet bunning. I may start getting rollersets.

My starting pic:

This pic is about a month old, but I dont' have any more recent ones on my computer yet.

Attachments

• DSCN2920.jpg
    DSCN2920.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 11
:clap: Yay, good for you honey. See I knew you could do it. There is no reason for you to be nervous honey. We have your back sweetie and will cheer you on right here from the sideline. You can do it.

Your hair looks great. I definitely think you'll make it. HHG!

Thanks for the encouragement ladies!! I need all the encouragement I can get. I hope I can make you ladies proud!:yep:

For Ediese: I had to edit my question because you already answered one in the OP. I just wanted to know would there be a mid-challenge length reveal. TIA :).

I think we could probably have a mid challenge reveal in June 09, and the final in December. Of course, if anyone reaches WL before then, they can post their pics.

Everyone has been added to this challenge. Good luck ladies!

Just so you won't forget you're in the challenge, feel free to post something in your siggie to indicate that you're gunnin' for WL in 2009!

Back